Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Shirl is Back in Town  (Read 36645 times)

Offline Bob & Jayne

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 214
    • Share Post
  • Owner: Yes
  • Resident: No
Shirl is Back in Town
« on: July 21, 2016, 08:14:06 PM »
Well it's been a long time coming with no visit at Easter with my partner in crime! One more sleep and were off in the morning for 39 days so there may be a post or 2! Early night beckons as an early start for us!  :D

Linkback: https://www.enjoykalkan.com/forum/index.php?topic=13433.0

Offline Lizilu20

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 307
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
Re: Shirl is Back in Town
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2016, 08:45:35 PM »
Yippee, Shirls back. That means only 3 weeks for us until we are reunited for fun in the sun!  ;D :o 8)

Offline Babs

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 111
    • Share Post
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2016, 11:14:17 PM »
Hooray!

Offline Haybo

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 73
    • Share Post
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2016, 06:02:06 AM »
Can't wait for the first full instalment! See you in 25 days x

Offline kalkan4eva

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 267
    • Share Post
« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2016, 08:39:14 AM »
I look forward to your holiday almost as much as I look forward to mine :laugh:
39 days!!!!! I hope there's more than a "post or two" during that time. Safe travels, see you on the other side.
Better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt :)

Offline Christina

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 43
    • Share Post
« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2016, 05:51:40 PM »
Just had a month here and going home tomorrow. Felt so grim about leaving that I've just booked to come out again on 16 Aug for 3 weeks. Can't wait for our catch up xxx

Offline Babs

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 111
    • Share Post
« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2016, 07:07:42 AM »
Come on Shirl......you're there now, what's keeping you?!  :laugh:

Offline Haybo

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
    • Share Post
« Reply #7 on: July 23, 2016, 07:10:06 AM »
Hi Christina...we arrive agsin on 17th and a few of us (maybe 14) are meeting for dinner on 18th...hopefully Jayne will be booking With Adam....join us!

Offline Haybo

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
    • Share Post
« Reply #8 on: July 24, 2016, 07:17:57 AM »
So I'm up nice and early ( on set up duty at church) , got myself a lovely coffee, fed the dog etc and have logged on to read the first of Shirl's awesome reports and what do I find?

Not

A

Word!

Anyone would think you were on holiday :) :)

SO looking forward to the first instalment!

Offline keith

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 2638
    • Share Post
« Reply #9 on: July 24, 2016, 03:16:54 PM »
We desperately  need some holiday reports. We're not able to visit this year and need our Kalkan fix!  Come on Shirl give this Kalkan addict his 'fix'..........PLEASE

Offline Chris the Spark

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 7
    • Share Post
« Reply #10 on: July 24, 2016, 04:47:00 PM »
*****ATTENTION EK Members*****

Shirl is about post a holiday report 😄😄

She has been busy enjoying herself too much in Kalkan 🍷🍷

So standby folks 😄😄

Offline tortoise lady

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 26
    • Share Post
« Reply #11 on: July 24, 2016, 06:08:21 PM »
Standing by!!

Offline Lizilu20

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
    • Share Post
« Reply #12 on: July 24, 2016, 06:12:37 PM »
Ha ha. No pressure eh Shirl  ;D ;D ;D
I'm waiting patiently  :angel:  ;)

Offline Bob & Jayne

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 214
    • Share Post
« Reply #13 on: July 24, 2016, 08:02:22 PM »
Well, what can I say!! sorry guys, it's been a mad 3 days since arriving in Kalkan. Firstly, I just want to say that I was very worried about our holiday, but please if you are don't be everything is absolutely fine, and Paradise is still here awaiting you, I really don't know why I was worried now. 

We flew Turkish Airlines via Istanbul on Friday arriving at Dalaman around 10pm! we waited for our luggage which was in the international arrivals, but we arrived in the domestic arrival lounge! not a problem, just a delay of 30 minutes or so, we finally trudged on through with our overloaded trolley, a new iron, juicer and a raclette and cafetiere, don't ask, that's what you get when you live with a man who loves cooking! and yes, youve guessed it, we  were stopped at Customs, I was now thinking as we put all 4 cases through the scanner, what about our sausages and bacon, but all was good, apart from all our cases that fell off the end of the conveyer belt!! Nothing broken thank goodness, as the worry about the sausages was now taken over by worrying about the the vodka and bacardi!

We were very tired and hot by the time we departed the Airport, we couldn't see from the mass of taxi driver's with the different name plates, and there it was "Bob & Jayne" or should it have said 'Shirl', who cares, our carriage awaited us!

Really wanted to sleep now, but thought no I need to focus and look at the view! even though it was dark it still was the most fabulous feeling, we had arrived safely, and for the grand sum of 39 days!! It must have been about 11.30pm by the time we unlocked our front door, but we were so happy to be here.  I couldn't think about unpacking anything, but needs must, as we couldn't find the toothbrushes! After a bit of a search, they were retrieved, and my head hit the pillow faster than the plane hit the runway! Which is another story if you know about my fear of flying!  - Bob was up and awake early, there seems to be some sort of "bird" in a cage next door singing for his supper, or should I say breakfast! but all was good and we were refreshed.  I woke to the smell of lovely fresh coffee, and sat on the balcony actually not believing we were here, it was the most wonderful feeling!

We unpacked, well sort of, and was raring to go.  No food in, just coffee, so off we went to town. We stopped at Oz Adana for brunch, it was only 11.30am, ordered lamb and shish kebabs really would we normally eat this at home at this hour, but omg! was it good! the usual, salad, turkish bread, esme and haidari arrived before the kebabs!
Bob had an Ayran, a first, but he really liked it! The whole feast was 32TL! crazy! Next stop for Bob was Eddie the Barber, just before Paprika, what a gentleman he is!
Down to the beach now, and a look at the new units, actually very impressed. Iced Apple tea in Samdan's, not sure I would like it as can't stand tea, but it was delicious. Kleo next and so lovely to see everyone, nobody forgets you out here.  Then the sea! and what a welcoming sight that was. Well the sea was but not me launching myself in, but felt so good.  A couple of hours on the sunbeds, no cushions still, but it was okay, and slowly we made our ascent up the hill, stopping via Merkez for a beer and wine.  OH to my disgust suggested we go in BSG, so happy I thought at first, bless him, a bag purchase on the first day of the holiday! But oh no his wallet had broken and he wanted to buy a new one! He was so pleased with his purchases of a Mulberry wallet, not sure I feel the same ! I have nothing to show yet!!!!!! Watch this space!

We are here for a long time this year, so obviously can't eat out every night, and as Bob loves to cook, that really isn't a problem, so Tuna Nicoise it was and it was delicious.

Sunday - Had a lovely early morning walk at 7am today, back for our dippy eggs and fresh bread. We spent most of the day at the Asfiya Seaview Hotel, absolutely beautiful, they are so welcoming, and treated us so well and were so pleased to see us.  Walked down into town late afternoon, came across Pavilion at Likya, happy hour awaits we are thinking, looks amazing,hurry up and get here Lizilou and Automan. We bumped into Chris the Spark and Mrs Spark (now she's a bit of a live wire!) at the harbour! looking forward to Moonlight Terrace Restaurant in Kalamar Road for dinner on Wednesday with them. A quick icecream and drink at Fener Bar and off we went to climb the hill!

Mishap of the holiday already, we have a few boat trips booked, as you will know that’s what we do, but was convinced the first one was on Friday, but thank goodness we called into Define Tours, because we are off to Kekova on Tuesday!! OH just shook his head, and told me I am "sacked, no longer Entertainments Manager, sorry Lizzie!"!!!! Have managed to book a table for Samdan’s at the Harbour Haybo, hope I have the date and time right!!!!

More to follow, sorry if I am rambling, but it's hot, and the wine is flowing!!!

Shirl xx

Offline joycie

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 85
    • Share Post
« Reply #14 on: July 24, 2016, 08:12:17 PM »
So good to read your lovely report Thankyou.

Offline RosiB

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 39
    • Share Post
« Reply #15 on: July 24, 2016, 08:17:02 PM »
Yay! You've hit the road running - look out, Kalkan! x

Offline Haybo

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
    • Share Post
« Reply #16 on: July 24, 2016, 08:18:48 PM »
Well worth the wait! It's great to see that you have slipped straight into 'Kalkan Life'......shamdam is a great choice for the 18th! I think it is our first proper night and not quite Julies last night! So so excited to see you all.  I cant believe I've only been back 2 weeks, it feels like a lifetime ago!

Offline Lizilu20

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
    • Share Post
« Reply #17 on: July 24, 2016, 08:20:02 PM »
Oh it is good to have you back and on form Shirl.

Fab first report from Kalkan and sounds like you've already packed loads in. Won't be too much longer before we will be clinking happy hour glasses together.

Your position as entertainments manager is still safe as far as I'm concerned  ;D
« Last Edit: July 24, 2016, 08:43:43 PM by Lizilu20 »

Offline Chris_S

• Suggest saying Thanks
  • EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 129
  • Personal Text
    • Share Post
« Reply #18 on: July 25, 2016, 10:36:00 AM »
Bob loves to cook, that really isn't a problem, so Tuna Nicoise it was

So what oven temperature does Bob use?  Or is it done on the hob? >:D
Please use "Click to Say Thanks' if you enjoy this Post.  ::)

Offline kalkan4eva

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 267
    • Share Post
« Reply #19 on: July 25, 2016, 08:31:02 PM »
Lovely first report Jayne - well worth the wait. I think I would be a little apprehensive if we had been travelling so soon after the failed coup, and via Istanbul, so you are not alone in that regard. I'm so glad you are now settled and relaxed in your second home and all is as it should be...Enjoy your lovely long break and looking forward to hearing all about your stay.

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

xx
Sea Front Promenade from town beach to Komerluk - back on?

Started by Jamera on General Discussion

14 Replies
Last post February 13, 2009, 12:18:51 AM
by Roxie
xx
Sun, Sea and Shirl!

Started by Bob & Jayne on Holiday Reports and Reviews

100 Replies
Last post September 05, 2015, 10:18:37 PM
by Skunk
xx
Shirl & Bob - We've Finally Gone and Done It!

68 Replies
Last post June 22, 2018, 04:33:39 PM
by Babs
xx
Sassy Shirl is Reunited - Absolutely Fabulous!!!!

80 Replies
Last post September 05, 2017, 09:27:08 AM
by Lizilu20

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal