Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Hold baggage charges.  (Read 3420 times)

Offline Lucy Lou

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 8
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
  • Resident: No
Hold baggage charges.
« on: July 20, 2016, 10:16:47 PM »
I booked an Easyjet flight for an impulsive extra week in September.  The cost was a bit shocking so delayed adding hold luggage till nearer the time.  Yeh I know I'm still paying but seems less painful paid separately. 

But in the month since then baggage charges have increased !  Is this a new sneaky revenue source or have they always done this. 

I do wish the scientists would hurry up & invent Star Trek transporters.  ROTFL

Linkback: https://www.enjoykalkan.com/forum/index.php?topic=13430.0

Offline kalkan4eva

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 267
    • Share Post
Re: Hold baggage charges.
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2016, 11:28:11 AM »
I think all the airlines have put prices up - so it will probably extend across the "extras".
Lucky you going back to Kalkan :)
Better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt :)

Offline Lucy Lou

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
    • Share Post
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2016, 01:48:15 PM »
Hi Kalkan4eva,

I know someone has mentioned deciding on hold luggage amount when packing finalised but I've always booked at original flight purchase.  Though I have been known to pay for extra weight at on-line check in when I fail miserably at minimal packing.  At that stage I'm so excited about going & the flight cost is but a distance memory I'm really relaxed at paying more for another 3kg !

But I've never noticed the luggage price increase though it's a given the flights will   ::)

And I couldn't go without my preferred lotions & potions so hand luggage capsule wardrobe & buying toiletries after security will never be a solution for me  ;)

Offline msr

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 10
    • Share Post
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2016, 02:10:36 PM »
Boots do a service whereby you order toiletries etc. online and pick them up at the airport boots. This saves a lot of luggage space. We only ever travel with hand luggage, another bonus is you just get off the plane and walk straight out of the airport, no waiting around for hold luggage. Hand luggage only should be doable for a week in the sun!

Offline Babs

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 111
    • Share Post
« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2016, 02:37:25 PM »
Oops! I booked our easy jet flights on the day of release and instead of adding luggage at the time I decided to do it later to save time......seems I've just cost us some more money!

Offline samson

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 26
    • Share Post
  • Owner: Yes
« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2016, 02:59:50 PM »
we always add the hold luggage at last min when we book flights months in advance. if anything happens near the time and we are unable to fly then its less money lost !

Offline kalkan4eva

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 267
    • Share Post
« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2016, 05:49:39 PM »
Lucy Lou, you are a girl after my own heart. Our cases are weighed down by my preferred lotions and potions - sadly Boots don't stock some of the brands I use or it might be an idea to get them delivered to the airport. That said, I would be weighed down with Duty Free and heavy toiletries and would generally get myself in a sweaty mess trying to carry everything - not the look I'm trying to cultivate :P I do have sensitive skin, in my defence....!
We always booked our luggage with easyJet nearer the time, never noticed if it was more expensive to do it that way to be honest.
We chose the extras package with Monarch which means extra leg room seats and 26kg of luggage each - that's a hell of a lot of lotions and potions (and sandals :-[) but I can push the four wheeled case along with minimum effort.

Offline Lucy Lou

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
    • Share Post
« Reply #7 on: July 21, 2016, 09:28:19 PM »
Babs, I don't know you necessarily have paid more I sense it's a new sneaky way to add revenue.  Especially as the flight I'm on briefly dropped slightly in price though has now gone up again.  It's like what they give with one hand they take with the other.

Kalkan4eva, yes, yes, yes you're so right about need for duty frees & quality beauty products many not available in Boots !  As for not being hot & flustered I give up all hope of achieving that & look well lived in & a bit moist when travelling.   :-[

Ooh 7 weeks from now & my first day will be drawing to a close after arriving bedtime last night.  Can't wait.  *dancing*

Offline Chris_S

• Suggest saying Thanks
  • EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 129
  • Personal Text
    • Share Post
« Reply #8 on: July 22, 2016, 10:48:43 AM »
Boots do a service whereby you order toiletries etc. online and pick them up at the airport boots. This saves a lot of luggage space. We only ever travel with hand luggage, another bonus is you just get off the plane and walk straight out of the airport, no waiting around for hold luggage. Hand luggage only should be doable for a week in the sun!

If we tried that, the first day would be spent ironing, and the rest of the week would be taken up with "I can't wear that, I wore it yesterday!"

To say nothing of the question(s): "Where did you put the {insert name of absolutely anything you think you can do without} when we unpacked?" all week.

We travel light - that's anything that can be lifted off the carousel and doesn't have a "HEAVY" tag on it.  Any spare space outbound gets taken up inbound with opportunities spotted at shops.  :angel:
Please use "Click to Say Thanks' if you enjoy this Post.  ::)

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

xx
Taking milk in hold luggage

Started by nerissa on Flights and Travel

6 Replies
Last post June 20, 2010, 06:30:46 PM
by maria
xx
Baggage allowance help!

Started by kt29 on Flights and Travel

9 Replies
Last post November 27, 2009, 08:04:20 PM
by turkeyfan
question
Baggage allowance

Started by mabel on Flights and Travel

1 Replies
Last post May 20, 2010, 02:26:44 PM
by turkeyfan
xx
Extra Baggage

Started by michelle2 on Flights and Travel

3 Replies
Last post May 11, 2010, 07:20:25 AM
by michelle2

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal