Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Fallout after this weekends attempted coup  (Read 10968 times)

Offline kalkan4eva

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 267
    • Share Post
Re: Fallout after this weekends attempted coup
« Reply #40 on: July 21, 2016, 11:26:08 AM »
onelove, when I said business owners I deliberately didnt say Turkish business owners as I know there will be property owners feeling this too. I hope things pick up for everyone and its really decent of you to return the rental fee to someone who doesn't want to travel now. It doesn't help that the airlines have put prices up, I understand....
The other reason the president has issued an SoE is that he can change laws without having to pass them through Parliament - ie the death penalty which he seems really focused on. I would be distraught for the families of the conscripts who were probably just following orders if this was extended to them. We all know young men in Kalkan who say next year I'm in the army so see you the following year....I cant think of anything more awful for their families right now. They are in my thoughts and prayers, as are all the victims of this ill-conceived coup.
I know Kalkan is far removed from the main hub of this and will go on, albeit with their livelihoods and family lives severely affected.
Better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt :)

Offline Wendy

• Versatile Villa Asfiya
  • EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 7
  • If you are lucky you can visit our villa!
    • Share Post
    • Kalkan Holidays
  • Owner: Yes
  • Resident: No
« Reply #41 on: July 21, 2016, 09:56:11 PM »
With Mr. Erdogan being a prat do you suppose it is possible to get house insurance against military take over, civil war etc?

Offline onelove

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 108
    • Share Post
  • Resident: Yes
« Reply #42 on: July 22, 2016, 06:44:03 AM »
Very Interesting comments. Oh how sad for anyone (Turks) that rely on tourists for their living :-(((

Just for the record we have returned all payments that have been made by the guests (or should I say 'not now guests') in full. I would expect this myself 

Thanks PW. I would hope that anyone would do the same as its the right & decent thing to do.

Good man. It's not just the Turks who go the extra mile. 👍🇹🇷

pw
Latest weather report...... Large outbreaks of Efes followed by intermitent spells of vodka and tonic ;-))
www.kalamardream.com

Offline brian j p

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 46
    • Share Post
  • Resident: No
« Reply #43 on: July 22, 2016, 08:04:06 AM »
Onelove and PW   ::

Re “Just for the record we have returned all payments that have been made by the guests (or should I say 'not now guests') in full. I would expect this myself “

Admirable of course,  We have a small villa  only 2 beds and do not need it to be rented out to cover any cost but we do rent out to help with costs .  However it is worth pointing out as I know some who purchased villas and other properties   as an investment with the intention of renting as a business to make ends meet,  if they have paid out significant sums for insurance and maintenance, mortgages etc  up front ,   I suspect some   may not be able to give 100% refunds ,  some owners  may have to stick  to their cancelation policies within the rental agreements  i.e repaying  a %   depending on policy  and hope  of course  guests are covered by insurance.

« Last Edit: July 22, 2016, 12:04:40 PM by brian j p »

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal