Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Hello  (Read 3068 times)

Offline AL2015

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 0
    • Share Post
Hello
« on: April 04, 2008, 03:41:27 PM »
Hi,
I have been a member of this forum since Oct 2007, and think it is time I should say "hello". I have really enjoyed reading reviews and opinions on Kalkan and even though we have never visited before I feel that I already know it (and most of it''s residents!) well. We are due to arrive in Kalkan on Saturday 8th August for a full two weeks. We will be a party of 12 (6 adults and 6 children ranging from 10 years to 15 years) and we have booked into the Villa Olympic Turquoise. This villa is about 500 metres out of town along the coast road towards Kas. I would be interested if anybody knows about the villa and a rough estimate of walking times to Kalakan. I booked our holiday without too much research and I am delighted with the information gleaned from this forum.

We have only been to Turkey once before and stayed with some friends at Calis. We had a great time and didn''t hesitate to recommend Turkey to our friends when looking for a place for us all to holiday together. I am really looking forward to visiting Kalkan and the fact that I was amazed by the food and service at the restaurants in Calis, has whetted my appetite for Kalkan.

I will get back in touch just before we start our holidays, but in the meantime, I will visit this site daily and soak up all the information I can.

Thank you all for sharing your obvious passion for Kalkan and helping people like me to hopefully hit the ground running.

Al 

Linkback: https://www.enjoykalkan.com/forum/index.php?topic=1330.0

Offline holidayfever

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
    • Share Post
Re: Hello
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2008, 03:58:16 PM »
Food in Turkey is great but food in Kalkan sat up on the roof tops is amazing. The Kids and Adults too will love Kalamar beach club. Hope you have a great time you have a lot to look forward too.

Offline felicity

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 30
    • Share Post
    • Villa Kirmizi Lale
  • Owner: Yes
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2008, 04:02:58 PM »
Welcome Al - I don''t know the villa that you are staying in - but it sounds to be within walking distance of the shops and restaurants - if you enjoyed Calis - you will think you have gone to heaven and back when you stay in Kalkan!! :o

Enjoy!!
Villa Kirmizi Lale - www.villakirmizilale.co.uk

Offline Chucky

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 16
  • Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive!!
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
  • Resident: No
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2008, 07:55:46 PM »
It is good to know that this forum has been of help to you, I know I learn something new about Kalkan and the people everytime I log on and it adds to the "anticipation" of another visit. I hope you and your friends have a wonderful holiday.

Offline LizS

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2008, 12:18:00 PM »
Hiya
Like you first time in Kalkan this year following two very successful years in Koca Calis!

I doubt there''s going to be much in the way of the Birlek or 1881''s in Kalkan, but boy does it look gorgeous - I''m really looking forward to it.

Offline AL2015

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2008, 09:56:38 PM »
Thanks for your comments everyone........... I am sure that you are right about Kalkan having even more to offer than Calis, so I am really looking forward to it. I am especially looking forward to introducing our friends to their first visit to Turkey. I think they are a little bit sceptical and are only going on our recommendation, but I just know they are going to be impressed.

Cheers,

Al

Offline JayneyG

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2008, 10:27:57 AM »
We are bringing our friends with us in July, which will be their first visit to Turkey also.  We first came to Turkey in 1987 and fell in love with it, and we can''t imagine how anyone wouldn''t.

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

dancing

Views: 2713
By: pw
harbour2