Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Sofra?  (Read 3219 times)

Offline philb1963

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 0
    • Share Post
    • The Kalkan Apartment
  • Owner: Yes
  • Resident: No
Sofra?
« on: June 01, 2016, 10:45:39 AM »
We paid our first visit of the year to Moonlight last night. As we were sat at the table we looked up at Sofra and realised it wasn't there any more!? When did this happen, Sofra has been a constant during our 10 years of visiting Kalkan - can't believe it's gone!

Linkback: https://www.enjoykalkan.com/forum/index.php?topic=13328.0

Offline samson

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 26
    • Share Post
Re: Sofra?
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2016, 12:23:03 PM »
 :( just this year. called The Terrace now. was one of our special places as well !

Offline Charlie

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 68
    • Share Post
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2016, 03:04:59 PM »
Newly opened this year by Sedat, the jeweller below.  Unfortunately it wasn't ready when we were there last month but will try it when we visit later in the year.  Still the same wonderful views, give it a try :)

Offline philb1963

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 0
    • Share Post
    • The Kalkan Apartment
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2016, 04:28:22 PM »
I think we will try it t, but just wondered if anyone knew why Sofra had closed?

Offline kalkan4eva

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 267
    • Share Post
« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2016, 06:55:52 PM »
Sofra was one of our "go to" restaurants in Kalkan but over the years we've noticed a steady decline in numbers. Mehmet was always a good front man but after his accident the front man they replaced him with was shockingly bad - a lot of new visitors would most likely walk straight past it. its a shame because the street is now very vibrant... I noticed from someone's photo on social media that Sedat has some new seating on the opposite side of the jewellers which might be part of Terras. There were old Moonlight seats there last year, which made me laugh. Mehmet did do a bit of front of house last year, but he has definitely lost some of his cheekiness. I hope he has found a job with the new venture or elsewhere in Kalkan. philb1963, ask Muhitidin in Moonlight, he will know what happened to Sofra.
We will give Terras a try, as Charlie says, the view is unbeatable - one of the best in Kalkan IMO. But we will raise a glass to Sofra and their fabulous food whilst we are there :(
Better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt :)

Offline Charlie

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 68
    • Share Post
« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2016, 10:02:36 PM »
Yes the seating outside is part of Teras restaurant so if you want to sit in the lovely little street you can.  We too will miss Sofra and the lovely food and staff but look forward to trying the new Teras and wish Sedat much luck in his new venture.

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

xx
sofra restaurant

Started by bassett on Restaurants, Bars, Nightlife & Shopping

2 Replies
Last post October 11, 2010, 07:18:05 AM
by bassett

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal