Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Insurance Letting and public liability  (Read 2486 times)

Offline edisrag

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 0
    • Share Post
Insurance Letting and public liability
« on: April 05, 2008, 07:42:42 PM »
Hi out there, I bought a villa last year and I am letting it out for this first season.  I have obtained insurance locally but public liability is not included.  I have tried to contact some firms back in the UK but advised ''due to government rules in Turkey they were are unable to offer.''
Has anyone else had this response?  does anyone know what it means? has anyone be able to get separate public liability insurance? and where from?

If you assume potential renters will have their own insurance, do you include a statement of this in their booking instructions?  and do you do a health and safety statement at the beginning of the season.

Mrs Cautious

Linkback: https://www.enjoykalkan.com/forum/index.php?topic=1332.0

Offline Kalkan-Mina

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 4
  • www.mina-kalkan.co.uk
    • Share Post
    • Kalkan-Mina
  • Owner: Yes
  • Resident: No
Re: Insurance Letting and public liability
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2008, 04:18:35 PM »
Hi Edisrag

We insure our apartment in the Emir development through HISCOX underwriting, both the building and contents.  They dont cover Earthquake so we have separate EQ policy with Andolu Sigorta arranged through our Turkish accountant Ali Tunc + the standard government required policy.

The standard government policy is not normally sufficient to cover the replacement of your property if there is an earthquake so check with your Turkish broker that you are fully covered.

There are very few UK insurance companies that offer cover for holiday homes in Turkey particularly when you let to paying guests but the Hiscox policy is very good and includes as standard £5,000,000 of your liability to others both in your property and in the grounds, pool etc plus similar cover for any Domestic staff ie maids gardeners etc.

Its better to be "Cautious" than sorry even if it costs a little more.

If you PM me I will let you have our UK brokers details.

Regards
Colin
Kalkan-Mina

Offline Christine Kalkan

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 0
    • Share Post
Re: Insurance Letting and public liability
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2008, 07:32:01 AM »
The accountant / insurance broker Ali Tunç has provided lots of people I deal with  with thgird person liability insurance. I am not sure exactly what cover this gives, but Anadolu insurance charge about 150ytl for this. 

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

thumbup
Public Liability Insurance

Started by Philip on General Discussion

9 Replies
Last post September 06, 2008, 10:30:53 AM
by Anne
xx
Public liability Ins

Started by pattaya on General Discussion

2 Replies
Last post July 09, 2012, 05:20:06 PM
by pattaya
xx
Letting Agents

Started by sue1945 on General Discussion

3 Replies
Last post February 11, 2008, 12:00:43 PM
by Enjoy Kalkan
xx
Public Swimming Pool

Started by storm1959 on General Discussion

10 Replies
Last post May 25, 2010, 07:05:03 PM
by lynda

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal