Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Getting to Patara  (Read 3320 times)

Offline Lucy Lou

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 8
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
  • Resident: No
Getting to Patara
« on: May 22, 2016, 11:03:36 PM »
Hi All,

Never do beaches myself (sandy or otherwise) ;) but family prefer a sandy beach.  Advice or information about time/cost/modes of transport to go to Patara daily would be helpful.  They enjoy a drink so I think car hire not a realistic option but think taxis get expensive & dolmus time consuming.  Are they fair presumptions for those that have done any of these as a routine on holiday ?

Thanks,

L L

Linkback: https://www.enjoykalkan.com/forum/index.php?topic=13317.0

Offline msr

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 10
    • Share Post
Re: Getting to Patara
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2016, 07:48:58 AM »
Have never done it every day but taxis are very expensive. The dolmus is inexpensive and only takes about 15minutes, you have to tell them which one you will be returning on 4, 5 or 6 o clock.We have gone to the bus station but I am sure they pick up in Kalkan opposite the Samira hotel. I am pretty sure the cost was around TL10 for a return journey.Last year they left Kalkan in the morning at 10, 11 or 12 o clock. If there are a lot of people they will put on more busses.

Offline kalkan4eva

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 267
    • Share Post
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2016, 10:45:59 AM »
We've used both the dolmus (when it was near the PTT) and taxis. If there are a few of you, taxis are quite cost-effective and flexible. I've not seen the dolmus near Samira but I've definitely seen it at the bus station. Enjoy :)
Better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt :)

Offline Trotter

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 1
    • Share Post
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2016, 08:07:53 PM »
Last year it departed @ 10.15   11.00   11.45 and 13.00. returns times 16.00   17.00   18.00  and cost was 12tl.
Those times are from the bus station but the dolmus picks up in town 5 minutes earlier. It picks up just above the post office on the opposite side of the road, There is a kiosk and a bench with a couple of drivers usually about. This saves the walk up to the bus station. You can also pick up a small printed timetable from her which is where this info comes from. Hope it helps.

Offline msr

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 10
    • Share Post
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2016, 10:09:23 PM »
The kiosk and bench were not there last year. All tickets were issued at the bus station.We only found out by accident last year that it stopped opposite The Samira. A shame as the kiosk opposite the taxi rank was always efficient.

Offline Trotter

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 1
    • Share Post
« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2016, 08:49:07 PM »
We caught it in the town last september-there was a small kiosk and a bench with a few people waiting. Maybe I am confused with the location. We walk along the Kalahari road and turn the corner. It is there opposite the small supermarket.

Offline amber

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 67
    • Share Post
« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2016, 05:52:55 AM »
The dolmus is stopping to pick up people in the town opposite Kippa Supermarket (I saw it sunday) and then must go to the bus station and on to Patara so looks like the service is still running.

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

xx
Patara

Started by felicity on Places to Visit / Things to Do / Excursions

6 Replies
Last post August 07, 2009, 09:27:59 AM
by rosarioguy
xx
Dolmus to Patara

Started by pw on Places to Visit / Things to Do / Excursions

0 Replies
Last post April 05, 2013, 08:02:12 AM
by pw
xx
Info on Patara :-)

Started by Agent Ottoman on Places to Visit / Things to Do / Excursions

9 Replies
Last post May 16, 2013, 08:48:37 PM
by Agent Ottoman
xx
Patara Beach

Started by phil3 on General Discussion

8 Replies
Last post June 02, 2010, 09:52:22 AM
by Pembo

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

Spring in SMdA

Views: 3466
By: Cosetta
cafe