Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: This holiday can't come quick enough!  (Read 15303 times)

Offline Lizilu20

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 307
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
  • Resident: No
Re: This holiday can't come quick enough!
« Reply #40 on: May 31, 2016, 12:44:46 PM »
Gosh, only a few days left! Why do the days go so quickly when you are on holiday but drag when you are at work!

Shame about Salt and Pepper and I'm sure you're not difficult to please, sometimes I'm tempted by some of the vegetarian dishes on offer as the combination of fresh veg and spices are so delicious. On the boat trips my favourite dishes are the veggie ones.

As for the list - yes but mentally rather than writing down on paper. How I hate that countdown to home and trying to cram in as much as possible, including restaurant choices left.

Enjoy your remaining days.  :)
« Last Edit: May 31, 2016, 12:48:13 PM by Lizilu20 »

Offline kalkan4eva

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 267
    • Share Post
« Reply #41 on: June 01, 2016, 12:05:53 AM »
I hate that point of the holiday when the days left don't correspond with the number of restaurants we want to visit :(. I have a list at the start of the stay that just appears to grow. As fast as we tick a few off a couple more are added..then plans go awry so the nights left and the restaurants on the list don't add up.
Can't believe how quickly your visit has gone. It's difficult when you have dietary requirements and whilst I think you can eat well in Kalkan, if you are restricted to just a couple of dishes on a menu it's a nuisance. Most restaurants will try to accommodate you if you explain and make a starter a main meal, or just prepare something different for you....don't be afraid to ask.
Look forward to hearing more from you, if you have some time.
Better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt :)

Offline Joeyloveskalkan

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 6
    • Share Post
« Reply #42 on: June 01, 2016, 12:51:59 PM »
Who would have thought I would be eating in Aubergine this year?  Things are so quiet they haven't turned their nose up at us just going in for a starter and a drink at lunchtime.  With Efes currently 9TL we are having lunch for less than £10 for two.  You can't go wrong.  Not sure if this will continue all Summer.  They are teaching new waiting staff so we have been useful practice for them.

Ate at Coriander last night.  Food was very good but service a bit slow.  Only one chef in the kitchen and when they got busy with a couple of groups they had to say no more.  We were one of the first in the evening so we were ok.  Apart from getting the bill.

Lazing around now the holiday is coming to a close.  Funny how at the beginning you have to do stuff then at the end you don't mind sitting and watching the world go by.  Temperature today hot.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2016, 12:56:43 PM by Joeyloveskalkan »

Offline macrefield mom

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 11
    • Share Post
  • Owner: Yes
« Reply #43 on: June 01, 2016, 05:15:50 PM »
Yes we too ate in Aubergine and had 2 evening meals there when we were out in May. They still had their winter prices on the menu which made it almost half price. We used to be regulars there when we first went out in 1998 and shared our evenings quite often between here and Ibos! We know the staff very well so they were really pleased to welcome us in as we don't eat there during the summer months because of high prices and they all had the time to spend time chatting which is impossible during busy summers.

Hope June brings some good business for all of the restaurants. Anyone been to the new units on the harbour front?

Offline Joeyloveskalkan

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
    • Share Post
« Reply #44 on: June 03, 2016, 12:28:31 PM »
The day had arrived for us to go home.

We have been keeping a check on the area behind the beach, looking reasonable now with grass down.  Not sure how it will look after the Summer.  We shall see.

Had our last meal in Aubergine, now waiting for our airport food in Merkez.  There could be tears.

J

Offline Blue Lizard

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 185
    • Share Post
« Reply #45 on: June 03, 2016, 01:24:32 PM »
awww! come on Merkez food isn't that bad :P
safe journey
« Last Edit: June 03, 2016, 05:52:38 PM by Blue Lizard »
People Of Britain.. When your missus asks "Does my bum look big in this? Never say "Dunno your blocking the light."... just sayin ????

ta ta for now
Lizard

Offline Lizilu20

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
    • Share Post
« Reply #46 on: June 07, 2016, 01:38:54 PM »
Well I presume you are now home Jo and hope not too many tears were shed on departure.  :'(

Thanks for reporting back to us Kalkan starved folks and hope someone else can now continue with your good work.  :)

Anyone out there???  ???

Offline itstime

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 46
    • Share Post
« Reply #47 on: June 07, 2016, 11:19:37 PM »
Just arrived  :D

Offline Lizilu20

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
    • Share Post
« Reply #48 on: June 08, 2016, 10:18:38 AM »
Hey itstime! Look forward to hearing from you and have a wonderful holiday.  :) 8)

Offline Joeyloveskalkan

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
    • Share Post
« Reply #49 on: June 08, 2016, 12:56:18 PM »
Not too many tears were shed, just a few as the car went up the hill and Kalkan faded into the distance.  Not so bad this time as we will be back in September; 13 weeks 2 days and counting.

When we leave in September that will be a different matter.  I learnt yesterday afternoon that Thomson as from the end of this season will no longer be going to Kalkan.  We have used a package holiday as they fly from Bournemouth to Dalaman, which has been great for us as my brother-in-law has picked us up.  We could still go on the flight and stay at the Kelebek and pay direct but it will depend on the cost.  Just needs a little more thought.

Jo

Offline kalkan4eva

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 267
    • Share Post
« Reply #50 on: June 08, 2016, 01:16:00 PM »
You'll probably find its cheaper, Jo.

Offline Blue Lizard

• Kalkander!
    • Share Post
« Reply #51 on: June 08, 2016, 02:05:14 PM »
Joey.....Flights to Dalaman from Bournemouth are very expensive compared to Gatwick(we have looked before at that option but i nearly choked on my Rice Krispies)..you have to weigh up petrol,travel time etc but it would still be cheaper to fly from Gatwick Imo ;)

Offline Alex

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 2
    • Share Post
« Reply #52 on: June 08, 2016, 02:27:46 PM »
How much are the flights from Bournemouth?

Offline Joeyloveskalkan

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
    • Share Post
« Reply #53 on: June 09, 2016, 12:56:13 PM »
I looked online the other day and the flight only at the moment is £285.00 each. 

Like I said before needs a bit of thought.  Will have to find out from the Kelebek how much they will be charging for a 2 weeks stay.  If I can get really cheap flights from Gatwick and factor in a taxi fare or coach there and taxi back it may be ok.  Will have to see.

J

Offline Blue Lizard

• Kalkander!
    • Share Post
« Reply #54 on: June 09, 2016, 03:03:12 PM »
They were £400 + when I last looked earlier this year perhaps the fact no one wants to go has shortened the price?....it put me off looking again...gulp! :o

Offline Alex

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 2
    • Share Post
« Reply #55 on: June 09, 2016, 06:39:53 PM »
I looked online the other day and the flight only at the moment is £285.00 each. 

Like I said before needs a bit of thought.  Will have to find out from the Kelebek how much they will be charging for a 2 weeks stay.  If I can get really cheap flights from Gatwick and factor in a taxi fare or coach there and taxi back it may be ok.  Will have to see.

J

That's a steal, try flying from Scotland! we get ripped off up here!!

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

xx
Quick trip!

Started by magic3 on General Discussion

4 Replies
Last post June 19, 2010, 09:46:22 PM
by magic3
xx
Quick Question about Kalkan

Started by Ralph on General Discussion

16 Replies
Last post March 02, 2015, 01:48:31 PM
by Mayday1
xx
Groceries - a quick Turkish lesson please.

Started by suzyq1 on Restaurants, Bars, Nightlife & Shopping

10 Replies
Last post August 06, 2013, 09:54:13 PM
by suzyq1
xx
"Quick" Review

Started by chrispegler on Holiday Reports and Reviews

3 Replies
Last post September 03, 2012, 08:14:06 AM
by amber

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

beach

Views: 4115
By: irfan
Kalkan dog