Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Water, or lack of as the case may be!!!!  (Read 1860 times)

Offline Bazzer

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 0
    • Share Post
Water, or lack of as the case may be!!!!
« on: April 03, 2008, 06:38:00 PM »
My wife and I have been visiting Turkey, Kalkan to be precise for the past 7 years and the past 4 years we have been owners of a villa in Akbel over looking Kalkan and what feels like the whole of the Med :D I''m grinning just thinking about it, what a stunning place on earth 8)

Any way back to my reasons for coming on the forum, over the past couple of years it has appeared that the town council turn on and turn off the water to Akbel as they please, we have just been told this by our maintenance crew who looked into the matter, even a few of the locals that live by us are totally fed up with not having any water until at least 8pm every night, we have been told to petition somebody in the town, would this be the council ??? would any of the forums villa owners have any advice on whom this may be and how we go about this ???

With the holiday season arriving fast we need to ensure all the services are fine with the villa and really need to get on top of this problem fast, ( uhm it is Turkey ) ;D so any advice would be much appreciated.

Keep up the good work this is a fabulous forum, we pass this on to all our guests for their first time to Turkey information, WEll DONE!!!!!!!!!

Bazzer

Linkback: https://www.enjoykalkan.com/forum/index.php?topic=1323.0

Offline kevincat99

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 39
    • Share Post
  • Owner: Yes
  • Resident: Yes
Re: Water, or lack of as the case may be!!!!
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2008, 08:14:39 PM »
Hi Bazzer
I wouldn''t hold your breath for a solution to this problem - Kalamar has just been off for three days - not unusual
Would be very interesting to see if the Belediye listened to you - please keep us all informed  :D

Offline felicity

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 30
    • Share Post
    • Villa Kirmizi Lale
  • Owner: Yes
Re: Water, or lack of as the case may be!!!!
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2008, 09:27:38 PM »
Welcome to the forum Bazzer - do you have water storage tanks fitted at your property - I would suggest that you should do that ASAP - we have 3 massive ones on our roof - can''t be doing with no water for us never mind our guests..!! 

Other than that - if you get any further with the Belediye - then do let us know - also - if you do a search on water tanks - you will find a previous thread on this subject and recommendations from lots of people!

Cheers!
Villa Kirmizi Lale - www.villakirmizilale.co.uk

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

xx
In Case Anyone’s Interested

Started by Pompeyalbie on General Discussion

1 Replies
Last post April 27, 2023, 05:33:21 PM
by Kevin Norwich
recycled
Buying Wine by the Case

Started by bankieken on Restaurants, Bars, Nightlife & Shopping

10 Replies
Last post March 30, 2008, 04:12:18 PM
by mark
xx
The case of the rattling door handles and other mysteries

Started by Skunk on General Discussion

13 Replies
Last post August 13, 2012, 08:42:00 AM
by kalkan4eva
xx
Fireplace tools + screen + hard golf travel case

Started by Cosetta on Classifieds - Available

0 Replies
Last post November 26, 2012, 08:24:11 AM
by Cosetta

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

Kalkan Floods

Views: 4504
By: winlaton mag
On the Med