Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: TC Flight cancellations  (Read 17395 times)

Offline MartynE

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 121
  • Living the Kalkan dream? Maybe...
    • Share Post
    • Kalkan Secrets
  • Owner: Yes
  • Resident: No
Re: TC Flight cancellations
« Reply #40 on: March 18, 2016, 09:39:10 AM »
EasyJet. Every time. You know it makes sense ;)

Have never had any problems with them, which is a lot more than I could say for Thomas Cook (wrench needed to prise yourself into the miniscule seat pitch) or Monarch (what extras can I sell you today sir?).

Offline Chris_S

• Suggest saying Thanks
  • EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 129
  • Personal Text
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
  • Resident: No
« Reply #41 on: March 18, 2016, 11:30:22 AM »
Alas, Monarch, being no longer family owned, is showing all the signs of Private Equity mishandling.  These same people are dumping the Airbus for Boeings.  Being ex-Aerospace industry, that seems odd, until you realise that the Equity is probably mainly US-based.

Considering they are based in Luton, (which I would add is barely away from the days of a tent in the car park for a terminal - see 1970s), their scheduling is obviously based around the opposite of customer requirements!  I shan't go into the add-ons bit, but the O'Leary effect has a lot to do with it - if you can't beat 'em, do the same scams.  At least you got Bacardi if you ask for it, EasyJet give you some clear liquid in a plastic pouch - not Bacardi, but then, there's no Trading Standards at 37,000 feet!

Note, however that today (Friday 18 March) there has been quite a lot of price changes on Monarch Dalaman flights (but not all - just a lot of the ones I looked at), generally downwards.

Dalaman flights have been the preserve of BA when they run them for us, having been abused repeatedly by Thomas Cook Customer no-service, we would holiday in Damascus before using them again, and the old Monarch in the days of Tapestry which was respectable.  (Remember those days?  You could upgrade to non-cattle class with Tapestry/Monarch - almost a 'turn left' scenario - if you were prompt, they sold out in minutes.  I wonder why?)

Remember also, some airlines refer to paying passengers as SLC.

That's Self-Loading Cargo.
Please use "Click to Say Thanks' if you enjoy this Post.  ::)

Offline Babs

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 111
    • Share Post
« Reply #42 on: March 18, 2016, 12:47:33 PM »
Chris-S I'll put up with dodgy drinks from easy jet and I promise not to cringe when they charge a fortune for a tea bag and some hot water just because it's in a branded cup, as long as the don't cancel or reschedule our flights. Never had any problem with them.....oh no, wait, there was the time we arrived early and we had to wait for someone to meet us to let us into our apartment!  ;D

Offline BarbH

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 10
    • Share Post
« Reply #43 on: March 18, 2016, 02:08:54 PM »
Sad to hear about the problems with Monarch, I have always used them from Gatwick. Normally fly out on the first flight at around 6 am and return  from Dalaman at 13,00, always book extra leg room seats which are  nice and roomy.

The only time we was  delayed was on a Wednesday afternboon flight other than that no problems. We did have our tuesday flight cancelled once but was offered the MOnday flight which was more expensive but at no extra cost.

Sorry to say no Kalkan this year due to my mobility....been waiting nearly 5 years for hip and knee operations but that is another story!!!!

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

xx
Flight available

Started by Harry on Flights and Travel

0 Replies
Last post June 24, 2010, 05:09:38 PM
by Harry
xx
Flight prices...what's all that about ?

Started by onelove on Flights and Travel

15 Replies
Last post July 03, 2015, 08:52:01 AM
by onelove
xx
Condor flight

Started by tonye1960 on Flights and Travel

2 Replies
Last post June 28, 2016, 04:18:58 PM
by suziq
xx
flight change

Started by dylanleeds on Flights and Travel

3 Replies
Last post June 29, 2010, 08:39:54 PM
by dylanleeds

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

Kekova Trip

Views: 2824
By: Bob & Jayne
Kalkan 2000