Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Visitng Fethiye for the day or two -Hotel suggestions  (Read 2638 times)

Offline brian j p

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 46
    • Share Post
  • Owner: Yes
  • Resident: No
We  arrive in Kalkan  early May for  2.5 weeks  and are thinking of visiting  Fethiye    and staying over night . Anyone got any suggestions  for a  reasonably priced   central hotel or on outskirts  but walkable to centre,   or a B&B with a decent view .

We intend to look around the City,   do a bit of shopping for villa bits and bobs  ,  visit marina etc and of course try a few eateries :: Dare I say compare them to Kalkan

Linkback: https://www.enjoykalkan.com/forum/index.php?topic=13258.0

Offline Lizilu20

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 307
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
Re: Visitng Fethiye for the day or two -Hotel suggestions
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2016, 09:22:44 AM »
Check out the Yacht Boutique brian j p. It was lovely. Scrumptious breakfast, very central and we had a gorgeous view of the marina. Room was nice and the staff were extremely helpful. I can definitely recommend a mini break in Fethiye, so different to Kalkan and so much to see and do that you'll struggle with just one night. Eateries that we visited were delicious but you can make your own mind up on that one.  ;)  On our first night (I forgot to mention this in the blog) we got to the hotel about midnight and raced out to maybe get a drink somewhere. We were starving too and we noticed a restaurant near the hotel called the Captains Pearl which still had it's lights so we went in and were greeted by the owners having a wind down drink. We tentatively asked if there was any chance of food and they did no more than open up the kitchen for us and then jumped on the organ and entertained us while we ate a delicious chicken sis and chips! So funny as he played like Les Dawson and was a little bit eccentric! :)

Go for it!  :)

Offline Chris S

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 17
    • Share Post
    • Kalkan Secrets
  • Owner: Yes
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2016, 09:23:47 AM »
Villa Daffodil out past the marina.  Small but very reasonable on my last visit. (http://www.villadaffodil.com/)

Offline Lizilu20

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 307
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2016, 10:28:10 AM »
Oh and a little tip although you may already realise. We booked the hotel via booking.com as we got the best price over the internet but when we compared  the room rates in the hotel itself, they were cheaper if we would have booked direct. So much so, we would have save approx £100 over the 3 nights. If we do this or something similar again, we will definitely try booking direct first.  :)

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

xx
Suggestions please!

Started by AllanChris on The Everything Else Area!

4 Replies
Last post December 13, 2010, 08:37:43 AM
by Blue Lizard
xx
Take away suggestions

Started by Solz on Restaurants, Bars, Nightlife & Shopping

5 Replies
Last post June 15, 2018, 07:07:54 AM
by onelove
xx
Suggestions Please

Started by Firecat on Other Resorts

2 Replies
Last post September 13, 2010, 10:59:46 AM
by antler
xx
Hi forumites!any other suggestions

Started by superrn on Introduce Yourself

4 Replies
Last post May 26, 2008, 06:33:33 PM
by yelkenite

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal