Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: 120 day rule.  (Read 11727 times)

Offline baclava

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 11
    • Share Post
    • The Olive Grove
  • Owner: Yes
  • Resident: No
120 day rule.
« on: January 06, 2016, 09:42:57 AM »
I have a 5 year residency visa (blue book) starting Sept 2013. In view of the update on KTLN regarding this subject I am tempted to enter Turkey in April without buying an e-visa.
The KTLN comment - ' The reason that you won't be challenged by other government departments and agencies is because they don't have access to the the full DGMM computer system, so as far as officials and officers outside the DGMM are concerned you appear to have a residence permit and a kimlik number.  It would seem that the status of your residence permit is a matter of concern for the DGMM only.'

In view of the above, if the border officials are not linked up to DGMM computer, how will they know that you might be contravening the 120 day when you exit the country.

Nevertheless I will be visiting the DGMM office in Kas to check out my residency validity.

Linkback: https://www.enjoykalkan.com/forum/index.php?topic=13164.0

Offline samson

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 26
    • Share Post
Re: 120 day rule.
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2016, 02:04:54 PM »
We also have residency that expires 2017. we have not bought a visa since the new rule came in , have just shown our "little blue book" and have never been questioned to date. we used it again last week !

Offline baclava

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
    • Share Post
    • The Olive Grove
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2016, 08:13:03 PM »
That's very reassuring ! So my reasoning would seem to be correct - that if they let you in then there is no reason to expect a problem on leaving (until they have all the computers linked up.)

Offline samson

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 26
    • Share Post
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2016, 10:14:51 PM »
in our opinion, if we did not belong to forums etc how would we know the new rules ? when we were given residency they were given our address in UK and Turkey . They have not notified  us ? ::)

Offline Cosetta

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 54
    • Share Post
    • Villa Incantata
  • Resident: Yes
« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2016, 10:31:34 AM »
They will let you in with your blue book, but supposedly if the systems ever get integrated, when you leave the airport immigration will be able to issue a fine for a long "overstay".  That is what is being said.  Whether it will happen or not remains to be seen.  Every single gov employee gives a different answer!  Some don't even know the answer to 2 questions that I asked, not even the main office in Ankara could answer my questions.  Burası Türkiye!
Villa Incantata - http://kalkan-turkey.com

Offline baclava

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
    • Share Post
    • The Olive Grove
« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2016, 09:19:46 AM »
I would be interested to know if anyone has visited the recently opened DGMM office in Kas to test the validity of their residency relating to the 120 day rule. I will be visiting them in April.

Offline baclava

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
    • Share Post
    • The Olive Grove
« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2016, 09:32:44 AM »
Just wondered if anyone has been to the DGMM office in Kas since my last post in February.

Offline DRBD

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 129
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
« Reply #7 on: March 30, 2016, 10:36:20 AM »
Yes infact this week.  They check everything in the prepared file including visa etc,  & they then went through our passports.we live here anyway & havent been out of the country for over the 120 days so didn't have a problem obviously.
Age & Treachery will overcome Youth & Skill

Offline baclava

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
    • Share Post
    • The Olive Grove
« Reply #8 on: March 30, 2016, 04:46:36 PM »
What do you mean 'the prepared file?' Were you applying for a new visa? I just want to know if my 5 year residency is still active or not. I was just going to take my blue book and my passport. Would it be prudent to take a Turkish speaker?

Offline DRBD

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
    • Share Post
« Reply #9 on: March 30, 2016, 05:02:44 PM »
We were applying for renewal/extension  of residency.

Offline mel

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 10
    • Share Post
« Reply #10 on: March 31, 2016, 08:14:39 PM »
Could you do it all in person at Kas or did you have to fill form in on line? Did you have to get passport translated and notorised?

Offline DRBD

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
    • Share Post
« Reply #11 on: March 31, 2016, 08:56:09 PM »
Mel.... The system was down when we tried via another to get  the form completed on line so we went to Kas. We had all the relevant paper work ready. Yes you need your passport translated & notarised.

Offline felicity

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 30
    • Share Post
    • Villa Kirmizi Lale
« Reply #12 on: April 01, 2016, 07:08:33 AM »
Errrhhhh - I have never had to have my passport translated or notarised either under the blue book system or the new plastic card system (done in January again this year) - they have always accepted a photocopy...!!!
Villa Kirmizi Lale - www.villakirmizilale.co.uk

Offline Cosetta

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 54
    • Share Post
    • Villa Incantata
« Reply #13 on: April 01, 2016, 07:28:24 AM »
We did have to have our passports translated and notarized when last we renewed our RPs.  As to what is needed, KTLN has a file that lists all the documents.  If you use the online appointment system, you also get a list of what is needed.

Offline DRBD

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
    • Share Post
« Reply #14 on: April 01, 2016, 09:19:53 AM »
Felicity......think requirements change by the day, there were a couple of xtra things we needed. Even with our 'blue book' we needed a passport translation etc & that was 5 yrs ago. So you were fortunate.

Offline baclava

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
    • Share Post
    • The Olive Grove
« Reply #15 on: August 25, 2016, 09:10:41 AM »
After all the excitement with the recent news that the 120 day rule was being abolished, we are brought swiftly down to earth by information 2 days ago that the government has clarified (still unofficial?) that this rule only applies to residency after 13 August.
Yet another twist to the saga.

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal