Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Preloved Property for sale - idea  (Read 7034 times)

Offline Wendy

• Versatile Villa Asfiya
  • EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 7
  • If you are lucky you can visit our villa!
    • Share Post
    • Kalkan Holidays
  • Owner: Yes
  • Resident: No
Preloved Property for sale - idea
« on: January 02, 2016, 10:33:12 AM »
I know there is a lot of property for sale in Kalkan.

I had a thought today about pre-loved property in this current slow moving market and I have been trying to think what I can do to be more proactive in selling ours.

I have done a website www.kalkanproperty.info
I have done a couple of Facebook Pages / group
I twitter about it

Social Media works so I thought maybe if there were more of us on there, then we all keep telling everyone else then someone may sell?

So - If you want to put your property  - RESALE ONLY, Kalkan only - on any of the above email me pics and the details. lilygreenphotography@gmail.com

I was looking at a Place in the Sun today and their shows. It would be awesome to have a bunch of private 'for sales' there. I know this is probably a thought too far but I figure I have to do just a bit more to sell, so I can buy in Spain and spend winters there with the dogs.

Linkback: https://www.enjoykalkan.com/forum/index.php?topic=13160.0

Offline chrissy1

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 36
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
Re: Preloved Property for sale - idea
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2016, 06:39:23 PM »
From what I have heard Wendy a place in the sun are doing turkey for the first time in January this year 😳

Offline Charlie

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 68
    • Share Post
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2016, 07:21:45 PM »
Kalkan featured in A Place in the Sun many years ago.  Bridget Karsaalan from 2blacklions featured in the programme presented by Amanda Lamb.

Offline DRBD

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 129
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2016, 08:17:45 PM »
They also presented Kalkan & villa owners in their magazine some years ago.
Age & Treachery will overcome Youth & Skill

Offline Cosetta

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 54
    • Share Post
    • Villa Incantata
  • Resident: Yes
« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2016, 09:04:27 PM »
Our property was in a tourism article in the Times some years back.  I have a website for many years now.  Even had a paragraph in Russian when Russians started coming to Kalkan.

Early on when there were only a very few websites for Kalkan I got lots of good enquiries.  But since 3 years ago, there are so many competing sites that I get few enquiries from my site.  The search engines favor sites with many listings and an amount of descriptive text.

In my experience, neither a website nor a Facebook page gets much more than robots collecting email addresses.  I also listed one year with an Istanbul estate agent and another year with a ReMax agent in Fethiye.  Also tried EngelVoelkers.  None of those ever brought us a single prospect.  Only 3 Kalkan agents actually brought people.  Got 2 offers which we rejected as we are not desperate to sell for way below our cost.

We did buy an apartment in southern Spain and do spend the winters here with our dogs.  Writing this now from the hills above Marbella.  Still very warm and sunny here.  Prices stable, very slowly rising.

If you find a great solution Wendy, please do let us know!  Many people in Kalkan will be interested.
Villa Incantata - http://kalkan-turkey.com

Offline Little Missy

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 4
    • Share Post
    • Owners Direct
« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2016, 02:59:16 PM »
Wendy

We are also trying to sell our apartment, we are listed with alternatif properties who advertise with A place in the Sun website, as do Spot Blue who you are with.  Unfortunately, with the situation at the moment, people are wary of Turkey for holidays never mind buying here.  It is what it is, too many properties for sale and not enough demand.  I personally think Kalkan reached its peak a couple of years ago, and seems to be losing favour with the Brits at least. 

Offline Cosetta

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 54
    • Share Post
    • Villa Incantata
« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2016, 03:21:02 PM »
Little Missy, I agree with you.  Kalkan reached it apex of popularity a few years ago, IMHO.  Most resorts go in and out of fashion.  Probably the best things for those who must sell is to tap the Turkish market and swallow a loss.

Offline kevincat99

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 39
    • Share Post
« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2016, 04:25:11 PM »

Hi

Only last month we managed to sell our house in Kalamar very quickly

It was advertised mid September and by the end of that month we had several offers and accepted one from an English couple

But as Costta says you need to price it sensibly to sell quickly rather than be stuck with it on the market for years as lots of people have

We did not get what it was worth but we did sell so do be prepared to take a hit maybe

Speaking to a well known Kalkan builder just before we left he said that he had recently lost several strong prospective purchasers recently with then siting problems in Turkey

We hope that Kalkan bounces back but it is difficult to see that in the medium term especially now that Spain seems to be coming back to the fore

So if you want to sell in Kalkan you must be pragmatic on the price or be prepared to sit it out but this will not be helped by a probable decline in visitor numbers which may lead to a price war by villa renters to secure what income there will be available

Sincerely hope that we are wrong but only time will tell

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

xx
What happened to this idea ?

Started by onelove on General Discussion

2 Replies
Last post July 30, 2009, 07:53:07 PM
by tog miester
xx
A good idea!

Started by Wendy on General Discussion

5 Replies
Last post May 04, 2012, 08:35:11 PM
by Blue Lizard
xx
OK so maybe not a good idea will get down to it

Started by MattR on Introduce Yourself

0 Replies
Last post February 07, 2017, 11:27:56 PM
by MattR
xx
Restaurant Reviews - an idea

Started by pw on Restaurants, Bars, Nightlife & Shopping

7 Replies
Last post June 28, 2011, 11:39:04 AM
by Baggy

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

Banana Hammock

Views: 2221
By: pw
Old Town