Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Handbags!  (Read 6971 times)

Offline Rachey

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 10
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
  • Resident: No
Handbags!
« on: April 02, 2008, 08:31:26 PM »
I''m assuming that there will be some places in Kalkan where I can treat myself to a nice new handbag...well us girls deserve a treat now and then!  I covet a Hermes Birkin, but that''s just a dream  :-[. Well, until I win the lottery of course...

So can you advise me where the best places are to get a lovely new handbag?  No doubt Blue Lizard will have further good advice as, reading other threads, he seems to love shopping  ;D.

thanks, Rachey

Linkback: https://www.enjoykalkan.com/forum/index.php?topic=1315.0

Offline Diane

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 0
  • Living in Kalkan
    • Share Post
Re: Handbags!
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2008, 08:45:45 PM »
Rachey,
You will find no lack of shops to indulge your handbag shopping needs in Kalkan, but remember that the ''designer'' handbags you covet may be all there, but they are copies. They are VERY good copies and could fool the uninitiated. Having said that, I have never been told by a shop keeper that they are originals so it''s not that they are trying to fool anyone.  I am loathe to recommend any particular shop, there are many on the main strip, and they do tend to close and open somewhere else the following season! This is true of lot''s of businesses and due to tenancy changes rather than bad business practices.

So, indulge yourself, buy great bags at a fraction of the cost (but not super cheap) of the real thing and help the economy of Kalkan. Enjoy your holiday
Diane

Offline Kim

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 1
    • Share Post
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2008, 08:59:29 PM »
Rachey, I think Blue Lizard''s shopping habit is a result of his adoring wife!  You will find him keeping his cool, patiently drinking the cold Efes in the nearest bar, keeping his fingers crossed that the credit card hasn''t taken a big hit! 

I''m sure I''ve passed you Blue Lizard sitting on the little seats outside of V and B........probably me slipping past you and the OH and feeding my shopping ''habit''!!

;D

Offline Blue Lizard

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 185
    • Share Post
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2008, 09:32:05 PM »
my little Lizardy eyes are watching this thread with interest in case of mention of Lizard skin handbags...in which case you won''t see me parked anywhere.... :o
People Of Britain.. When your missus asks "Does my bum look big in this? Never say "Dunno your blocking the light."... just sayin ????

ta ta for now
Lizard

Offline Rachey

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
    • Share Post
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2008, 09:47:45 PM »
Mmmm,  and my favourite colour is...blue ;D

Offline Begonvil

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 3
    • Share Post
  • Owner: Yes
« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2008, 10:06:05 PM »
Do lizard''s shed their skin like snakes do?? just think of all the ladies you would have trailing after you!!!!

Offline Linda

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 0
    • Share Post
« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2008, 10:09:21 PM »
Hello Rachey,

you can get a very good Hermes Birkin copy at the bag shop on the right hand side after Infinity Jewellers, and lots more as well to tempt you, it you''re a handbag lover then you''ll be in your element.

they''re not ''cheap, cheap'', not like the market stuff, but excellent quality.

I get one bag a year, my Mulberry Roxy from a few years ago is used every day and I love it.
take your credit card, and leave some room in your case !

Regards

Linda  

Offline Blue Lizard

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 185
    • Share Post
« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2008, 10:16:20 PM »
i don''t want ladies trying to swat me with flip flops! :o my skin is staying where it is!! Last year my mrs Shot into the handbag shop next to the moonlight while i was in the loo...she got a bag...i got another beer!! ;)

Offline saskia

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 18
    • Share Post
  • Resident: Yes
« Reply #8 on: April 03, 2008, 09:04:59 AM »
Yes the bag shop opposite the Merkez Cafe just down from infinity is very good indeed and this year I understand that they may also be doing more than just bags !!!
www.kapsa.co.uk official website also see Friends of Kapsa on facebook http://www.facebook.com/

Offline Rachey

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
    • Share Post
« Reply #9 on: April 03, 2008, 07:26:23 PM »
thanks for the advice - can''t wait to choose a bag (or two...).  But, tactically, do I go to both Infinity and handbag shop on the same day with my beloved (thereby only having him take the wallet hit the once) - or should we go on separate days so we''re not quite as long shopping each time for the dear chap  ??? 
What are the best tactics ladies?  Thanks!

Offline itstime

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 46
    • Share Post
« Reply #10 on: April 03, 2008, 07:31:19 PM »
Don''t worry he will be so chilled and happy in Kalkan that he won''t notice whatever tactic you use to offload lots of your hard earned in a truly worthwhile and honourable manner  ;D

Offline msr

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
    • Share Post
« Reply #11 on: April 04, 2008, 11:57:48 AM »
Hi Rachey, I''ve found the best tactic is to stick other half in a bar with a beer, then you can browse to your hearts content without the sighs and shuffling and just take him back with credit card when you have decided!  I bought a ''mulberry'' Elgin bag last year for £100 the genuine bags over here retail for £500. Got it from the little shop next to the moonlight bar - shop around it was £50 cheaper here than in the bag shop opposite the Merkez. The bag is stunning  no one knows its not the genuine article. Many people have admired it and wonder how I can afford a bag of this quality! The leather is to die for. Remember to shop around before buying , you will be surprised at the difference in cost between the various shops. I am hoping for a similar purchase this year!

Offline kalkan4eva

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 267
    • Share Post
« Reply #12 on: April 08, 2008, 06:15:44 PM »
Hi Rachey
I''m a bit keen on the good copies and have bought in many areas of Turkey - often bringing photos of the genuine article with me just to be sure the detail is right (and it usually is!!) 8)
I''ve bought a few Mulberrys, Gucci''s and Chanel copies over the years and they can vary in quality and price - you will get what you pay for but expect to pay more than £100 for a good copy.
By far the best handbag shop I''ve found is in Fethiye (but that''s only my opinion) - someone put me on to it about 4 years ago - it''s in the bazaar area (old part) but I can''t remember what it''s called. It has two entrances and its double fronted there''s a massive selection of designer copies and they vary in price. I looked at a Birkin in there last year and he wanted around £160 for it, but I have to say it was an exceptionally good copy. I settled on the most amazing Gucci Indy bag which was slightly less damaging at £120. I had my heart set on getting a Marc Jacobs Stam but they weren''t doing them last year and the guy running the shop took all my photos when I left, so perhaps they will be doing them this year. ;)
We bought our daughters Chloe Paddingtons from the guy next to Moonlight - they were about £50 each - because we really liked him and wanted him to have our business as opposed to the market - but I have to say the quality did reflect the price. So you can go to Fethiye one day and hit Infinity on another...I always go along the lines well if I but the real thing it would cost £x so I''m actually saving you £x....alcohol and the holiday feeling are powerful persuaders too  :laugh:
Better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt :)

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

xx
Handbags

Started by joey on General Discussion

4 Replies
Last post October 05, 2011, 09:18:10 AM
by joey
xx
Handbags

Started by Kefgirl on Restaurants, Bars, Nightlife & Shopping

13 Replies
Last post September 02, 2010, 05:29:10 PM
by msr
xx
Mulberry Handbags

Started by jennywren on Restaurants, Bars, Nightlife & Shopping

37 Replies
Last post September 03, 2012, 04:15:47 PM
by Bee
xx
Best place for handbags?

Started by SarahS on Restaurants, Bars, Nightlife & Shopping

20 Replies
Last post September 20, 2014, 05:35:54 AM
by joycie

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal