Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Should we go to Kalkan?  (Read 3423 times)

Offline jaylar

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 0
    • Share Post
Should we go to Kalkan?
« on: April 02, 2008, 07:06:09 PM »
hi all thinking of going kalkan 9th july .me and wife been  hisaronu past five years and we love the place but we just fancy a fresh place to explore any info ypu could give would be nice .thanks jay

Linkback: https://www.enjoykalkan.com/forum/index.php?topic=1311.0

Offline holidayfever

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
    • Share Post
Re: Should we go to Kalkan?
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2008, 08:18:46 PM »
Now stop thinking and go, it is super, however if you like all the noise and carry on, of the main streets in Hisonaru maybe it will be too quite for you, the Restaurants are loads better, there are a few small bars, and it isn''t as English in the bacon butty way as Hisonaru, but the beach clubs are fab the locals are welcoming and friendly, not as pushy as Hisonaru. I think most people would love it unless your idea of heaven is clubbing and mass tourism.

Offline jaylar

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2008, 08:42:17 PM »
thanks for reply felicity and holidayfever to be honest i am only 35 and my wife same age but we not into kraroke bars and discos .when in h we spend most of are time in  kayakoy ghost town so i think this place will be ideal for us thanks and good forum

Offline holidayfever

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
    • Share Post
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2008, 10:20:33 PM »
In which case it will be perfect, my daughter and hubby to be are in there late 20''s and loved it, oh and such romantic places to eat, on those rooftops with sea views or down on the habour front, you are in for a treat. Where will you be staying.

Offline slodge

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2008, 07:30:28 AM »
We have been to Ovacik/Hisaronu several times and to Kalkan twice. Whilst we enjoyed the holidays we had in hisaronu you cannot compare them to Kalkan.  Kalkan is beutiful  and because it is not crowded you will find youself bumping into the same faces as you wander round the town. It feels very safe.  Can definately recommend the boat trips from the harbour.  Last year we were on a boat with only 10 peoples as opposed to millions on the trips from Olu deniz.  Even my boys who are 10 and 14 love Kalkan.  Too many restaurants to choose from though but have not had a bad meal in the three times i have been.

Looking forward to this year as we are trying something new.  a week in Orhaniye, 4 days on a gulet cruise and then 9 days in Kalkan.  roll on august. ;D ;D ;D

Offline Lorretta

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 2
    • Share Post
  • Owner: Yes
  • Resident: No
« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2008, 01:46:22 PM »
Hi Slodge,
just wanted to say we have holidayed in Orhanye, it''s very quiet and peaceful (well it was when we went but that was about 10 years ago) We stayed at the Dogan hotel which was run by a lovely family who couldn''t do enough for you. Have a great holiday!

Offline slodge

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2008, 04:12:08 PM »
its the Dogan we are going to as well.  Looks very relaxing

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal