Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Pandora jewellery  (Read 6624 times)

Offline Lucy Lou

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 8
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
  • Resident: No
Pandora jewellery
« on: September 22, 2015, 09:53:50 PM »
Hello Shopping/jewellery aficionados,

Do any of you know if any of the Pandora available in Kalkan is the real thing and what their prices are like compared to home ?  I know you can get real precious stone & gold/platinum jewellery as well as high end watches but wondered if that was true of any Pandora pieces.

Thanks,

Lucy Lou

Linkback: https://www.enjoykalkan.com/forum/index.php?topic=13057.0

Offline Lizilu20

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 307
    • Share Post
Re: Pandora jewellery
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2015, 02:31:06 PM »
Hi Lucy Lou.

Our daughter usually buys 'pandora' charms and in the past a new bracelet, from Missilver. Used to do them at the top shop near Merkez but now all the pandora jewellery is down at the Missilver 2 shop at the harbour, underneath the Pirat hotel.

I've never asked but I presume that they are fakes. However our daughter has always been very happy with the quality. She would never buy off the market though as we've heard there are some issues with damaging the bracelet threads on poor quality copies.

I remember the  prices were very reasonable and she got a discount for buying more than one (we always used to ask 'best price') but I can't for the life in me remember how much we paid.

Offline AlisonD

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 2
    • Share Post
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2015, 05:28:19 PM »
There is a Pandora shop in the old town - not sure where but either just down the street that leads down towards the harbour from the Merkez or the Yali bar. I believe it is the genuine stuff as the branding, packaging and merchandising appears genuine (no doubt someone will correct me and I will feel a fool however  ???) . The prices are about 20% less than the Pandora prices at home.

I did buy Pandora style charms from the Thursday market, which I didn't believe were real for a moment, and within a day they had tarnished and gave off a metal smell!

Offline kalkan4eva

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 267
    • Share Post
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2015, 05:51:34 PM »
Up until this year there was no genuine Pandora outlet in Kalkan - the nearest being in Fethiye. Now Lycian Jewellery on Nolu Sok is listed on the official stores list on Pandora website. Not sure if this is the one AlisonD mentions. The good exchange rate should ensure you get a bargain
Better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt :)

Offline Lucy Lou

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
    • Share Post
« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2015, 10:09:03 PM »
It was to get on behalf of my sister-in-law and pendants/rings rather than charms but she wants the real thing.  I didn't expect cheap as chips but thought they may be a little cheaper than home.

A Pandora shop opened 1 2? seasons ago but was 'ramraided' before the season got going.  Never knew if that was real & think it relocated just didn't remember where to.

I had the bright idea of looking on-line K4E after posting & saw there were Turkish outlets but on a non translating computer (weird Android tablet) was not altogether the wiser about Kalkan stockists.  However the pendant she wanted was about 10% cheaper depending on exchange rates.  Also saw some lovely Turkish charms, mavi boncuk & a Turkish flag on a heart shaped charm that I'm tempted to start collecting for myself.  ;D

Thanks for the info ladies.

LL x

Offline kalkan4eva

• Kalkander!
    • Share Post
« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2015, 11:34:05 AM »
Lucy Lou, do let us know how you get on as I would be interested in purchasing some charms next year (if Lycian Jewellery is still there... ::))

Offline skauser

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 0
    • Share Post
« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2015, 07:59:13 PM »
Hi There is a Pandora shop its at the bottom of the ste ;Dps just past Kosk and yes they are genuine, myself and sister in law bought a charm each, they worked out about £5 cheaper than back home, the more you spent the bigger discount  ;D

Offline SarahS

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 2
  • Take pictures and make memories!
    • Share Post
« Reply #7 on: September 27, 2015, 09:05:32 AM »
It is genuine but tends to be older/discontinued stock hence why it's a little cheaper! I was there in August and bought a few bits and pieces and they had a charm I'd bought for my mum in England which was part of a limited edition Mothers Day set.

Hope this helps!

Offline Lucy Lou

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
    • Share Post
« Reply #8 on: September 27, 2015, 12:03:53 PM »
Thanks everyone shall have a look & report back K4E, though seems pretty certain from several experiences.

Thanks again, back in Kalkan come a week Monday until my hotel shuts for the season.  Same one as Chris_S was staying at.  :-X  It is one of those suggested by you K4E but we fight to get our favourite rooms/ times as many (MANY) repeat guests.  So we joke that we really shouldn't tell too many people how good or which it is or no room left for us regulars.  ;D

LL 

Offline Lucy Lou

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
    • Share Post
« Reply #9 on: October 19, 2015, 10:37:53 AM »
Reporting back as requested.  Yes the Lycia Jewellery shop is a real Pandora outlet, in fact in Kalkan the shop is branded Pandora as at home and is where it originally was when "ram-raided".  Never knew how they'd done it unless actually used sledgehammers & muscle power as no way you could drive through the front where it is situated.  He got up the Pandora website to reassure me & they also have a branch in Olu Deniz.

They had the pendant my sister-in-law had wanted (yes discontinued at home so unless you're lucky & find a shop with remaining stock have to buy it online.  Which meant a/ she couldn't use her birthday vouchers and b/ even at home you have to be careful to get 'real' stuff from online sources.  UK shop recommended their own website which is called something entirely different to Pandora  ??? 

For reference it was £100 rather than the £129 at home (even discontinued so far as I know though never looked online) but she'd changed her mind & was going for a new line pendant.

Hope a bit of useful info there for future shopping.  If in Olu Deniz branch they'll get it here for you within a few days but possibly only if a definite purchase.

Home for me Thursday with final boat trip Wed so hoping weather report not entirely accurate.  Changes by the hour as usual  ;D

Offline kalkan4eva

• Kalkander!
    • Share Post
« Reply #10 on: October 19, 2015, 11:25:31 PM »
Thanks for letting us know the outcome of the Pandora shopping, Lucy Lou :)

Offline Pompeyalbie

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 89
    • Share Post
« Reply #11 on: May 13, 2017, 04:36:25 PM »
The Pandora shop has gone, the franchise was ended by Pandora so only ones available now are genuine copies.

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

xx
Pandora car hire

Started by Begonvil on Flights and Travel

0 Replies
Last post September 08, 2009, 02:23:48 PM
by Begonvil
question
Pandora Car Hire

Started by Charners on Flights and Travel

2 Replies
Last post October 06, 2009, 02:32:59 PM
by turkeyfan
xx
Pandora Hotel

Started by elcee on Accommodation and Hotels

1 Replies
Last post June 23, 2011, 12:31:00 PM
by zros
xx
Antler's Sunday - Pandora & Pide

Started by antler on Holiday Reports and Reviews

3 Replies
Last post July 19, 2010, 05:33:20 PM
by kalkan4eva

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

moonlight bar

Views: 4360
By: Trotter
Mrs A at Adem's