Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: If Anything Can....Kalkan Can!!  (Read 28415 times)

Offline keith

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 2638
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
  • Resident: No
If Anything Can....Kalkan Can!!
« on: August 23, 2015, 02:57:39 PM »
Well after what seems an age we are finally ready to fly out to Kalkan tomorrow morning. We received a very pleasant surprise earlier this week when we found out that one of my sisters and her family are staying at a villa in Kisla. It's amazing that it's her first visit to Kalkan and that we will get to see them during our first week. We don't get to meet up too often in England and so this will be an added bonus as we start our holiday. I will try to provide regular posts subject to having a good WiFi connection and, who knows, may get to meet some of the forum members.
Tracey and I celebrated our 30th wedding anniversary in July and  I have a milestone birthday in September and so I can almost guarantee that we will be in party mode.

Linkback: https://www.enjoykalkan.com/forum/index.php?topic=12997.0

Offline Haybo

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 73
    • Share Post
Re: If Anything Can....Kalkan Can!!
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2015, 03:13:48 PM »
Have a wonderful time! We have only been home less than a day and it already seems a distant memory! Look forward to hearing about your exploits.  Oh, and remember to wave when you pass the webcam!

Offline Lizilu20

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 307
    • Share Post
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2015, 03:34:36 PM »
I bet you're so excited now. I told you it would come round soon  :) sadly that means that we only have a week left from tomorrow  :-[

Have a safe journey and see you in Kalkan.  :)

By the way, it's boiling - don't bring your vest ( although I noticed one of the waiters in kaya had a vest on, I'm surprised he didn't melt!! )  8)

Offline Holidaylover28

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 0
    • Share Post
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2015, 04:39:31 PM »
Yay! More trip reports to keep me going until we return. This time in 3 weeks I will be doing last minute prep and packing and waiting for the taxi to pick us up before midnight. Eeek it's coming round quick! 8)

Offline janeb

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 15
    • Share Post
« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2015, 06:51:29 PM »
 :) have a wonderful time. Can't wait to hear about your holiday.

How wonderful for you to have family there in Kalkan at the same time. Have fun and don't forget to post.

5 weeks for us now.  :D

Offline tortoise lady

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 26
    • Share Post
  • Owner: Yes
« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2015, 07:36:20 PM »
Love the titles forum members are giving to their blogs this year - lots of catchy ones like yours which make me want to read them.   

Offline RosiB

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 39
    • Share Post
« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2015, 08:41:37 PM »
Safe journey and have a great time! Looking forward to your blog!

Offline suzyq1

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 10
    • Share Post
« Reply #7 on: August 23, 2015, 08:52:47 PM »
I can feel your excitement  :) hope you have a good journey. Will look forward to reading all about your holiday, but just enjoy!

Offline suzyq1

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
    • Share Post
« Reply #8 on: August 23, 2015, 08:53:13 PM »
I can feel your excitement  :) hope you have a good journey. Will look forward to reading all about your holiday, but just enjoy!

Offline Chris_S

• Suggest saying Thanks
  • EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 129
  • Personal Text
    • Share Post
« Reply #9 on: August 24, 2015, 10:09:20 AM »
Lizilu:

I don't suppose the waiter in Kaya was a Jeremy Corbyn lookalike, was he?
Please use "Click to Say Thanks' if you enjoy this Post.  ::)

Offline kalkan4eva

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 267
    • Share Post
« Reply #10 on: August 24, 2015, 02:05:40 PM »
well hopefully keith you are either well on your way or actually there :)
I cant wait to hear about your stay...have a fabulous holiday.
Better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt :)

Offline keith

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
    • Share Post
« Reply #11 on: August 25, 2015, 10:11:00 AM »
Well here goes......first official post of our holiday. Tried going to bed early on Sunday ready for our 4.00am journey to Stansted. Shouldn't have bothered as not too much sleep probably due to the heat and possibly a tad excited!!
Said our goodbyes to our two boys and Gus our boxer (he obviously knew that something was different), loaded the cases in the car and set off for the airport. 45 minutes later we pulled up at the valet parking (£59.00 for 14 days....a bargain booked in November last year) and straight into the terminal for check in. Suitcases dropped off and quickly through express security........well I was but Tracey always manages to set off the alarm and ends up having the full body search.
The time at the airport flew by and we were soon sat on our Thompson flight ready for take off. After a slight 10 minute delay we were airborne and on our way.
Landed at Dalaman on time and quite nicely disembarked via a walkway directly into the terminal building........we normally end up standing on the tarmac waiting for a bus transfer. Once again we were pleasantly surprised that there were no queues to go through passport and visa checks and were quickly standing by the bag carousel. The baggage handlers were extremely efficient and within 10 minutes we walked out of the building into the wall of warmth that almost takes your breath away.
We were met by our driver from Club Lycia for our transfer to Kalkan and enjoyed a very good drive along the D400 and, before we knew it, were standing outside our villa.
The villa is everything that we had hoped for with the most amazing views and facilities and we knew straight away that this will be a really memorable holiday............

Offline janeb

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 15
    • Share Post
« Reply #12 on: August 25, 2015, 10:16:50 AM »
 :) So looking forward to hearing about your holiday. Glad you had a good journey. Enjoy.

Offline tortoise lady

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 26
    • Share Post
« Reply #13 on: August 25, 2015, 10:18:36 AM »
Good to hear your arrival at Dalaman went smoothly and that your villa lives up to expectations.  I don't know where you are staying but I know I am always delighted when guests say they love our villa and enjoy their holiday in it. 

Have a great holiday and we look forward to your reports.   

Offline Babs

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 111
    • Share Post
« Reply #14 on: August 25, 2015, 10:57:49 AM »
And relax........ :laugh:

Offline kalkan4eva

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 267
    • Share Post
« Reply #15 on: August 25, 2015, 11:53:41 AM »
I cant wait to hear more, keith.

Offline suzyq1

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
    • Share Post
« Reply #16 on: August 25, 2015, 08:37:47 PM »
Glad you have had a good start to your holiday. Looking forward to hearing all about it.

Offline Lizilu20

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 307
    • Share Post
« Reply #17 on: August 25, 2015, 09:41:56 PM »
Glad you arrived safely Keith and Tracey. Hope to see you soon.  :)

Offline keith

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
    • Share Post
« Reply #18 on: August 26, 2015, 08:57:34 AM »
.......it was so hot as we unpacked our bags that the sweat was cascading off our brows. The summer in England has not been kind and we have not had an opportunity to acclimatise to the heat. Can't complain though as this is the kind of weather and temperatures that add to the holiday experience.
Unpacking completed and time to explore the villa. It is perfect and we count ourselves lucky that the owner has let us share this delightful place in the sun. Tracey has checked out the kitchen and completed her most important task........choosing 2 coffee cups and 2 wine glasses that we will use for the duration of our stay. The kitchen is fully equipped but it won't be getting used by us........another important part of our holiday is that Tracey doesn't cook for two weeks and there won't be a great deal of washing up!!
Exploring completed time for a relaxing shower before venturing into Town for our first meal. We were both feeling quite tired and decided to eat at Moussaka. My first Efes confirms that I really am back in Kalkan and I know that we will enjoy two weeks of total relaxation and fully recharge our batteries. The food was excellent but, feeling hot and exhausted, we decided that we would go back to the villa open a bottle of wine and sit and watch the Moonlight shimmering across the bay.
We woke early and sat on the balcony drinking coffee and taking in the views. We had already decided that we would have a chill out day around the pool and that is exactly what we did. We never tire of watching the boats coming and going across the glistening water and by lunchtime had fully relaxed into holiday mode.
Last night we had our first drinks at Moonlights sipping the ice cold Efes and people watching before heading down to Barahat for dinner. Kalkan seemed to be extremely busy  but just as we remembered it. After dinner a quick browse in a couple of shops before returning home for a few glasses of wine up on the roof terrace. You may start seeing an emerging theme to our posts....

Offline onelove

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 108
    • Share Post
  • Resident: Yes
« Reply #19 on: August 26, 2015, 09:49:43 AM »
Great report Keith, keep them coming.
Latest weather report...... Large outbreaks of Efes followed by intermitent spells of vodka and tonic ;-))
www.kalamardream.com

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

xx
First time to Kalkan - Family of 3 - recommended restaurants in Kalkan please??

Started by Harrogate_female on Restaurants, Bars, Nightlife & Shopping

5 Replies
Last post October 05, 2009, 01:48:16 PM
by howmad
xx
Transfer to Dalaman from Kalkan 24/10/2009 / return Dalaman to Kalkan 9/11

Started by Buster on Flights and Travel

0 Replies
Last post October 02, 2009, 11:23:26 AM
by Buster
recycled
Where to eat in Kalkan??

Started by ktp1984 on General Discussion

4 Replies
Last post May 08, 2010, 09:50:36 AM
by hel66
xx
New to Kalkan

Started by Mrs P on Introduce Yourself

6 Replies
Last post March 17, 2013, 02:53:59 PM
by Mrs P

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

Kalkan

Views: 3374
By: shining-one
Lake Buttmere