Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: The Secret Kalkan Diary of Lizilu20...The 'Golden Birthday Tour'  (Read 47548 times)

Offline keith

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 2638
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
  • Resident: No
Re: The Secret Kalkan Diary of Lizilu20...The 'Golden Birthday Tour'
« Reply #40 on: August 19, 2015, 07:12:14 PM »
Can't wait to read about your night on the town.....it sounds intriguing!!

Offline Babs

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 111
    • Share Post
« Reply #41 on: August 19, 2015, 08:37:58 PM »
We await with baited breath.......... :laugh:

Offline clara 50

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 27
    • Share Post
« Reply #42 on: August 19, 2015, 10:31:33 PM »
Hilarious reports as usual. First time in eight years to not be able to visit Kalkan due to a serious family health issue so keep all your antics coming I'm living my hols through you all this year. Next year God willing we'll be there. Looking forward to tomorrow's report have a wondeful time hope hubby's shoulder holds out, have to keep it supple with plenty of Efes lifting excercises. Cheers to you all  :laugh:

Offline Lizilu20

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 307
    • Share Post
« Reply #43 on: August 20, 2015, 04:44:38 PM »
Thursday 20th August

OH took great pains to remind me that on Monday night we also popped into botanik bar for cocktails. Sadly I wasn't feeling very well so nursed a vodka and coke but he and elder daughter had mudslides and they were amazing. I just had to have a little taste and it was pure heaven. This leads me on nicely to the main subject of todays offering - namely Lizzie and Shirls night out on the town.

We decided that Tuesday night would be bar crawl night ( a genteel and ladylike bar crawl of course! ) things don't always go as planned however so we didn't actually get very far, we didn't actually get any further than photos pizza I'm embarrassed to say but there was a very good reason for this and I blame Antler  >:D  :)
While I salivated at Antlers recipes and his tasty titbits of food descriptions, my OH salivated over his cocktail menu and was determined to taste a woo woo while the sun dipped behind Tortoise lady's rooftop patio and so we did and they went down a little too well, in fact they tasted like pop and w ewe re very thirsty! We then went down to BOb and JAynes to sample his metaxa and before we knew, it was nearly 10pm, and we were very merry.
I don't know if any of you have noticed the statue of cap'n Jack Sparrow outside the Yali but Jayne and I certainly made his aquaintace on Tuesday night. We thought we were on a photoshoot and had a good 10 mins of fun in various poses, draping ourselves all over him  ::) I'm sorry to say that by the time we staggered down to the taxi rank we could only get as far as photos pizza before we collapsed. It was the first time we had eaten there and definitely won't be the last. Very cheap drinks. Efes was 8TL and a glass of wine I think was 10TL. Unfortunately Shirl developed butterfingers and spilt most of hers, then totally unaware, dropped the glass on the floor and crunched over it to find a better signal for her phone  ;D. The food was really delicious too. We shared at pizzas, chips, salad and borek and it was so cheap. Even less money than the soup kitchen the night previously. We decided that we would skip the bar crawl for another night and decided on a nightcap at ours instead where we continued the. Photoshoot, this time adorned over the tartan shopping trolley  ;D
I promise we are very responsible ladies who usually drink very responsibly and are normally exceptional role models to our children but there's something about being on holiday and in Kalkan that makes me throw caution to the wind and act like a teenager who's been let out for the first time! Still Shirl and I have got it out of our systems now and normal service will be resumed...soon!!!

Yesterday we needed a hangover cure so what could be better than a full monty round at ours. We had bacon, eggs, sausages, sweet and garlicky tomatoes, beans, toast and bread. Yum yum it was good and had the desired effect. It's hard work sometimes cooking on holiday, different ovens, no microwave, no grill in the oven, no oven shelves, no oven dishes, but somehow we managed.
We had a pool day at the apartment, nursing our delicate constitutions and had a sedate evening, a little drink with the kaya boys and dinner at hunkars which was as delicious as ever. We waltzed home up the hill and nodded to cap'n Jack as we wended our way home after another fab day.  :)

Offline Babs

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
    • Share Post
« Reply #44 on: August 20, 2015, 05:52:23 PM »
 :laugh: :laugh:
Ladies I'm shocked!! Actually having seen the photos im not shocked! Please don't resume "normal service", although actually I think this is quite normal for when the girls are in town!  ;D ;D

Offline janeb

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 15
    • Share Post
« Reply #45 on: August 20, 2015, 06:17:00 PM »
Sounds a brilliant night out. Wish I was there. Do you think we ought to have EK badges to identify ourselves to each other or do you think the ones having the most fun are part of the EK family.  :D

Offline tortoise lady

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 26
    • Share Post
  • Owner: Yes
How about putting those photos on the forum gallery??   Sounds like you really made a night of it.

Offline kalkan4eva

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 267
    • Share Post
« Reply #47 on: August 20, 2015, 06:24:20 PM »
Oh dear, a bar crawl that got as far as Yali Supermarket then on to Foto's...you two know how to live it up  :-*
I'm assuming the girls night out turned into a "we better go with them" for Bob and Automan - best laid plans eh? All that beautiful blinged footwear never got to strut on a dancefloor, around a bag..? Shame on you! But in true tradition, it was obviously a man's fault! Oh antler...how could you lead these ladies astray...hang your head in shame!
Fotos is one of our go-to places in Kalkan - love it there, amazing views (could you see them..?), wonderful staff and great prices. Nice honest food and a better setting than the Soup Kitchen, it has to be said....just not open as late as I'd like some nights.
Well, I hope Captain Jack recovered after the incident...that's all I can say - although I hear he was traumatised :laugh: :laugh:
Loving your reports, keep them coming and give Shirl a gentle nudge eh..?
Better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt :)

Offline keith

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 2638
    • Share Post
« Reply #48 on: August 20, 2015, 08:09:14 PM »
Sounds as though you had a really enjoyable evening even if the pub crawl was aborted before it really begun. I'm sure that Captain Jack Sparrow has an even bigger smile today as have I.

Offline Skunk

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 40
    • Share Post
« Reply #49 on: August 20, 2015, 10:03:31 PM »
Well really Jayne and Lizilu this is not for the faint hearted is it? Sounds like you are having a ball as I knew you would. Where are the photos? S xxx

Offline Babs

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
    • Share Post
« Reply #50 on: August 20, 2015, 10:06:41 PM »
Oops....sorry! Did someone mention incriminating photos??  ;D ;D

Offline kalkan4eva

• Kalkander!
    • Share Post
« Reply #51 on: August 20, 2015, 10:44:24 PM »
...for the privileged few on Facebook, Skunk :) ;). Go find!

Offline Bob & Jayne

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 214
    • Share Post
Oh dear, well Lizilu has said it all! We have had and are all having a fabulous holiday.

Jx

Offline Lizilu20

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 307
    • Share Post
« Reply #53 on: August 21, 2015, 08:26:43 AM »
Friday 21st August

I don't think that my ageing body can keep up with this partying lifestyle. Either that or I've found the font of eternal youth, gracefully plonking me around my teenage years as for the past 2 mornings I've woken up with a crop of pimples on my chin. Horrible little white bumps just ripe for squeezing. What's going on? I've mentally prepared myself for menopause and now puberty is slapping me in the face again.  :o

Yesterday was spent sweatily trudging around the market, 3 DVD's for 10TL, a couple of kilos of spices later and we were good to go.
We decided to spend the rest of our day relaxing at the asfiya sea view again. We love it there, it's in a beautiful location and the staff can't do enough for you. The pool is quite shallow and always warm - yesterday it was 27 degrees centigrade, just like a comforting warm bath and don't get me started on those sunbeds again. After a delicious lunch it was time to snuggle down in the shade for a post prandial snooze. True to form I managed a good hour, even my new Victoria Hislop holiday read couldn't keep me enthralled enough to stay awake.
What was even nicer though was that Jayne's lovely daughter has arrived and we all spent the day together. It's her first time in kalkan and she already appears to love it.
We were determined to be on our best behaviour last night, to eat at a nice restaurant and have a couple of cocktails at black and gold.
Hmm, it didn't quite happen. We headed straight to black and gold (after I'd popped in to BSG and ordered 2 bags) and ended up spending most of the night in there, nibbling on the delicious free snacks so much that none of us were in the mood for food. After many lovely cocktails and wine, we staggered on to botanik to do it all again. There was a tree next to us that was perfect for straddling and so another photoshoot was suddenly called for and Shirl and I draped ourselves around it in various supermodel  ::) poses. The photo evidence this morning unfortunately confirms that no talent scout worth his salt would hire us.  ;D
So a chicken wrap at the soup kitchen it was as we staggered home and fell into a taxi at the rank.
Today I'm feeling a little bit delicate to say the least so brunch at chillies and a berocca will
hopefully sort my banging head out!  :)

Offline Babs

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
    • Share Post
« Reply #54 on: August 21, 2015, 08:31:15 AM »
Oh Lizilu.........hang your head in shame!!  :laugh: :laugh:
And then do it all over again tonight, I am so impressed with your staying power! Don't worry about the pimples it's just an added bonus of being in the sun all day  ::)

Offline Bob & Jayne

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
    • Share Post
Oh Lizzie, I am laughing down here, I've just done my blog and knew you would tell the truth, then I look and you certainly have! lol!  No more drinking for me, Captain Sensible from now on..........

Sx

Offline kalkan4eva

• Kalkander!
    • Share Post
« Reply #56 on: August 21, 2015, 02:06:26 PM »
First of all...you are on holiday so drinking to excess is very much allowed.
Secondly, Lizilu the menopause is all things that puberty was plus some added extras...so be prepared for all manner of odd things from teenage spots to hot flushes and you wont go far wrong! Damn those hormones :P
Your night last night sounded just like one of ours where we have availed ourselves of the free nibbles which takes the edge off your hunger and makes you believe you are immune to the affects of alcohol. Then you start enjoying the cocktails and get chatting then next thing you know you're in the Soup Kitchen. Don't fret too much...be afraid though when they know your order and just bring it without you having to ask for it. Spicy lentil soup, Chilli Eggs, large beer and a large bottle of water are often in front of us before you can say Merhaba, nasilsin.
I'm so enjoying both your blogs and the different perspectives to the same evening :)

Offline Blue Lizard

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 185
    • Share Post
Ha Ha...that's a good un!! "it tasted like pop and we were very Thirsty!!!"...must remember that for my late home excuse book ;D :P
People Of Britain.. When your missus asks "Does my bum look big in this? Never say "Dunno your blocking the light."... just sayin ????

ta ta for now
Lizard

Offline Bob & Jayne

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
    • Share Post
Wait with baited breath for the yesterday and last night's next instalment, we can be sensible trust us!!

:D :D

Offline Babs

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
    • Share Post
« Reply #59 on: August 22, 2015, 06:32:59 AM »
How very disappointing! ;D

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal