Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: English TV  (Read 19601 times)

Offline Blue Lizard

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 185
    • Share Post
Re: English TV
« Reply #40 on: January 27, 2017, 12:17:27 AM »
Don't you have to change to the country you are in in settings?  The firestick is so small I will take mine on the on off chance it works.I'm sure more people will report on results before we go.......(just paid a bloke on E Bay £8 to install everything kodi, mobdro etc brilliant job!)
People Of Britain.. When your missus asks "Does my bum look big in this? Never say "Dunno your blocking the light."... just sayin ????

ta ta for now
Lizard

Offline hobbo

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 78
    • Share Post
    • Villa Zeytin Koru
  • Owner: Yes
  • Resident: No
« Reply #41 on: January 27, 2017, 12:30:19 AM »
Firstly may I state I do not yet have a firestick.. but I am looking at it as an option.. seems to me that the firestick is just the hardware and it's the software build that is just as (if not more) important, some have a built in VPN some don't etc.. reports are that they need to be regularly updated, perhaps a great solution for holidaymakers, who have their own firestick and maintain it themselves, but not for owners who rent out.
I have a very responsible position...
When anything goes wrong I’m responsible!!

www.villa-in-kalkan.co.uk www.gyrapix.co.uk

Offline Blue Lizard

• Kalkander!
    • Share Post
« Reply #42 on: January 27, 2017, 12:39:37 AM »
included in my install from E Bay is automatic updates...Haven't had this build long enough yet to say if it works...but methinks if owners left a Firestick in a property it would go "walkies" ;)

Offline Mayday1

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 35
    • Share Post
« Reply #43 on: January 27, 2017, 09:16:42 AM »
100 % correct BL.....the firestick would go walkies...perfect size to fit into hand luggage........but as yet,i have not managed to get it to work in turkey........with the exception of You tube,which does work......I was watching a lot of videos on plane crash near misses........proibably not ideal with the home flight to look forward to

Offline Pompeyalbie

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 89
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
« Reply #44 on: January 31, 2017, 11:07:22 PM »
Oh BL fancy paying some shyster to load it on for you, takes about 30 minutes to do and load a decent build (which are free), I'd have done it for free. If an old duffer like me can do it anybody can. Kodi & builds are free so don't believe anyone who tells you any different.

Offline Blue Lizard

• Kalkander!
    • Share Post
« Reply #45 on: February 01, 2017, 12:24:49 AM »
mmmmm! I am fully aware it is free stuff I loaded Kodi and Modbro myself but was getting a lot of buffering..sent it to an "expert" who loaded it and tons more I now have real quality playback on Sky .BT etc plus I now have about 50 different sources of films from all over the world and more stuff than I could shake a (fire) stick at...I can even use my remote as a mouse now....for £8? the bloke was a find! especially as it included postage to Scotland and back!! ;)

Offline csivegas-rob

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 4
    • Share Post
« Reply #46 on: February 01, 2017, 11:21:41 PM »
Hi all.

We also took our Kodi Amazon firestick out to Kalkan  with us in January, we were unsure if it would work In Turkey but it worked just as well as it does in the U.K. 
Had point to point internet set up by Recep in town (within 2hours of asking to be be set up) and we were  watching  in HD 5 minutes later.
We receive  about 6mbp and haven't experienced any buffering or slow down.

A friend of mine gave me a tip to turn off collect app usage data as this feeds back to amazon who can periodically update, which causes the firestick to block, slowdown or wipe the Kodi software off and you have reload from scratch.

To turn this off; from the main Amazon menu (the one that appears when you first turn the stick on), go down to Settings, right to Applications, click on Applications and turn off Collect App Usage Data.

Hope this helps🤓

Offline kalkan4eva

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 267
    • Share Post
« Reply #47 on: February 02, 2017, 07:14:38 PM »
BL, would you DM the contact details for your eBay guy? We get a lot of buffering with ours - thought it was the poor broadband we have in our area but happy to pay a guy £8 to prove me wrong  :)
Better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt :)

Offline kalkan4eva

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 267
    • Share Post
« Reply #48 on: May 04, 2017, 12:28:24 PM »
Kodi users should read this
http://www.express.co.uk/life-style/science-technology/799844/Kodi-Box-digital-economy-act-prison-streaming-torrents

Think it might only apply to EU countries at the moment

Offline Mike

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 6
    • Share Post
« Reply #49 on: May 04, 2017, 03:57:05 PM »
Not surprised K4E.  Its exponential rise in popularity has sadly lead to its demise.  Subscription for Filmon etc .. whats next?

Anyone for chess before they close that down?!!  ;D 

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

xx
TV in English

Started by Cosetta on Living In Kalkan

2 Replies
Last post August 27, 2010, 01:02:43 PM
by Cosetta
xx
English weather !

Started by Mrs Enjoy Kalkan on Weather

3 Replies
Last post June 06, 2010, 08:18:00 AM
by kalkan4eva
xx
English Songs

Started by jeanne65 on General Discussion

9 Replies
Last post June 02, 2011, 11:44:25 PM
by Princess369
xx
Mad Dogs and English Men

Started by mcrterry on General Discussion

6 Replies
Last post July 15, 2014, 06:30:12 PM
by mcrterry

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

View of Kalkan

Views: 3504
By: claire
Kalkan Barby