Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Sun, Sea and Shirl!  (Read 37726 times)

Offline keith

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 2638
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
  • Resident: No
Re: Sun, Sea and Shirl!
« Reply #80 on: August 29, 2015, 07:26:30 AM »
Yet another fabulous post Jayne. We've enjoyed reading about your daily adventures and the way that you have described them has made us feel as though we have been in the car with you!! I look forward to reading your next post even if it is written when you are back in England.

Offline Haybo

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 73
    • Share Post
« Reply #81 on: August 29, 2015, 07:31:50 AM »
You're welcome! It is hard to know whether you waved or not because of the 5 second delay! You looked like you were on a misdion and indeed you were! Hope your journey home is smoother than ours!

Offline Bob & Jayne

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 214
    • Share Post
  • Owner: Yes
« Reply #82 on: August 29, 2015, 08:26:00 AM »
Keith, thank you for your kind words, really sorry we haven't met up, but our last few days have been so busy, but hopefully next time we are in Kalkan altogether we can arrange it.  Enjoy the rest of your holiday and keep on posting too if you have time.  :D

Haybo - will message tonight when we are walking by that webcam again lol!

Sx

Offline Skunk

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 40
    • Share Post
« Reply #83 on: August 29, 2015, 05:07:02 PM »
Another great post Jayne. Enjoy your last couple of days and I'll be in touch when we get there! S xxx 8) 8) 8)

Offline kalkan4eva

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 267
    • Share Post
« Reply #84 on: August 30, 2015, 08:47:57 AM »
What a great post, Jayne.....i can forgive you, in advance, if you dont get to add to this blog before you go home because its been FAB U LOUS!!
Enjoy your last few days...really the time has gone way too quickly for us, so it will have flown for you.
Really loved your posts AND I make no apologies for saying it again...you pack so much into your days, its impressive!
It will be quiet on the forum without you both...come on everyone. Get posting, there's a big gap to fill.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2015, 08:50:31 AM by kalkan4eva »
Better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt :)

Offline janeb

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 15
    • Share Post
« Reply #85 on: August 31, 2015, 08:53:06 PM »
Thank you so very much for sharing your 'fun in the sun'.  I've so enjoyed reading about your adventures , it's been funny and entertaining.

Hope your last few days were fabulous.

Safe journey home.

Offline Bob & Jayne

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
    • Share Post
« Reply #86 on: September 01, 2015, 04:49:48 PM »
I said I would continue when we were home so here goes....

Saturday - Kalkan Beach Park.  We went over mid morning, our last trip on the little ferry boat, no Captain this morning, another guy driving this morning, maybe he has a day off on Saturday we thought, greeted by the lovely tall boat hand, ever the gentleman helping us on the boat, today we had bought Pink Walter for her last outing in 2015 before safely packing away until next year  >:( >:( >:(.  We spent a lovely day, swimming and taking in lots of sun to top up our tans, a lovely couple from Birmingham that we had met on Pina X and at Kekova were there too, so we had a lovely chat with them, they too were going home the next day, so were making the most of their last day at the Beach Club.  We ordered lunch, you must try the chicken burgers if you haven't, they are delicious, with fresh orange juice to finish off, was like a marriage made in heaven! There were a few turtles around today, so Bob spent a lot of time in the sea watching them play fighting at the bottom of the sea, he said it was fab to watch.  We left late afternoon to make our way back home, via BSG (again)! then onto Carrefour to look at some deckchairs we had seen, and to buy yet more light bulbs! the chairs weren't as good as we had thought so decided against them. Finally back at the apartment, straight in the pool we went, somehow thinking this would be the last swim in the pool until next year! 

Marina Restaurant it was for dinner with the gang, we had decided on our last night to go there as we had spent the first night there with the gang, and we all love it, especially the peppered steaks! It's becoming an annual tradition now. They came down around 7pm for a sundowner on the balcony before we went out for dinner.  We were a little late for our booking, but those lovely guys in Marina were lovely, nothing is too much trouble, our table was awaiting.  We had a lovely meal, and evening, with fab company and lots of laughs, Bob had mexican steak, I had my favourite peppered steak, and Katie had stuffed calamari which she said was divine! various things for starters, and of course the obligatory home made chips!  We were stuffed to the gills, I couldn't even manage a nightcap.  We made our way to the taxi rank, and back home.  Big hugs all round and to bed we all went.

Sunday - Definitely not feeling the love today! but onwards and upwards and told myself to behave as lots of people don't even get to go on holiday.  Use ups for breakfast this morning, eggs on toast and the Turkish equivalent to Dairy Lea cheese triangles on toast, a magnum and orange juice for Katie, now there's a first for breakfast I said to her! Well you have probably read about the electricity cut, it had entirely nothing to do with me, but it was quite funny! especially Automan ushering his poor girls out of bed to charge up their phones, bless them! Asfiya Hotel again! well who wouldn't, it is lovely, especially for a last day in the sunshine.   8) 8) 8).  We got ourselves comfortable on the amazing sunbeds, I keep saying wow everytime, you could sleep on them with no problem at all.  The gang arrived and it was our last day of "Fun in the Sun".  We hadn't intended on having lunch, as had eaten breakfast, but by 1pm we were all hungry! and lovely it was, a meat platter for Bob, a bit like a Turkish breakfast, but lunch instead, burger and more chips for me, and chicken wrap for Katie, together with the free meze they give you beforehand.  After lunch we all swam and napped around the pool, and then it was time to go, Katie and I down to the Pirat for our pedicure that we had booked.  Automan had been on an early morning walk and found a lovely walk along the bottom road and up by the Likya Pavilion, so we followed the route down, and it was beautiful walking all through the lovely villas and it certainly is a quick route down to the harbour. 

Within an hour and a half, we were all pedicured for 30TL each, such good value, and the lovely girl has since had her baby, so we got to meet him, and what a sweetheart he is.  Back home we went, we were almost packed and being collected at 10.45pm.  Lizzie and Automan came down for a farewell drink, it was lovely reflecting on our fab holiday together, but so sad having to say goodbye to our dear friends. We certainly did have big hugs when they left with tears in our eyes!

We had decided to go for dinner before our transfer arrived, so Bob, Katie and I went to the Lime, we had heard good reports, and our only regret is that we didn't go before, it was fabulous food, and they deserve to do really well.  We had just ordered our food, and down the hill came the gang, more hugs and farewells and off they went into town. 

Back to the apartment for 10pm, and good job we did because the car arrived 15 minutes early, a lovely drive to the airport, but we all felt somewhat sad to be leaving Kalkan.  Katie was flying direct to Gatwick from International and we were flying from Domestic to Istanbul.  More tears as we had to say goodbye to Katie, lots of hugs and promises she would message as soon as she landed and she was gone! Back in the car and our turn now.  The domestic airport at Dalaman is very different, for a start it was cool and the air conditioning on.  We had to wait an hour to check in as we were early, but everything was straight forward and the plane was on time.  This time we were sat together, the flight took one hour, breakfast was served (it was only 4am) and before we knew it we were in Istanbul.  The airport is absolutely massive.  I could believe how big, every shop known to man, but to be honest it was 5am and I couldn't even be bothered to shop! We have the airport lounge pass, so fortunately we went in there, I wasn't at all hungry, but couldn't resist the cheese borek and little cheese pastries that were on offer! dinner at the Lime, breakfast on the first plane, and cheese borek at 5am, what is wrong with me! Katie messaged to say she had landed safely, thank goodness, that was one less thing to worry about.  Our flight wasn't leaving until 8am, so quite a wait, but finally we were boarding.  Turkish Airlines Boeing 777 plane, 9 seats across, and 4 sections,  OMG I was thinking how on earth is this thing going to get off the ground. Fear of flying deeply affecting me at the time! The only advantage was that we were given seats by the door with a serious amount of leg room! Sadly, we sat on the plane for at least an hour and a half as a poor passenger was ill, the paramedic equivalents boarded, but as we were in a different part of the plane we weren't sure what was happening, the Captain just apologised and said there was a medical issue with someone. Finally we were good to go, Bob said it was a smooth take off, wasn't entirely in agreement, but we were on our way, the screen in front of me was tracking the flight and counting down the time, and I was very happy to see it said 3 hours 29 minutes! What followed next, oh yes more breakfast!!! blimey I'm not sure I could eat anything else. Food and drink Menus were distributed, people were ordering wine and beers, but even a bit early for me at 10am, so opted for orange juice and coffee, oh and another hot breakfast!  The flight was fairly smooth until we reach the UK and then it was quite turbulent, well by my standards, Bob said it was okay, coming into Heathrow I could see the runway, and within minutes we had safely landed  :D  What was that water on the windows! Rain  ??? ??? ??? ??? ???

Within half an hour we had collected our car and we were on the M25/M3 back to Dorset, stopping off at the supermarket for provisions to make a roast dinner that we had wanted on our return home.  It was around 2.30pm when we arrived home, very very tired, and making a promise that although Turkish Airlines are brilliant, we will never go via Istanbul again, far too long! We thought we would have a couple of hours sleep and set the alarm for 7pm and then get up and make dinner! best laid plans, I just remember waking up and feeling disorientated, then remembered we were home and what a long journey we had experienced, reached over to look at the time, and it was just before midnight!! OMG I had missed my chicken roast! I woke Bob to tell him, and within minutes we were back to sleep, waking at 6am this morning feeling very refreshed after our 13 hours sleep!

Tuesday - Back to work today.  It was lovely to see everyone, but all I really wanted to do was be back in Paradise.

Until next year now folks, but enjoy your holiday if you are there now or have plans to go soon.

Sx

Offline Lizilu20

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 307
    • Share Post
« Reply #87 on: September 01, 2015, 05:28:12 PM »
Oh Jayne I have thoroughly enjoyed not only reading your blogs but also being a part of them too. How lucky am I.  :-*

Being back at work stinks and all I've done is dream of being back there with us all. Until next year for more fun in the sun...

Offline Babs

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 111
    • Share Post
« Reply #88 on: September 01, 2015, 09:03:47 PM »
Jayne, and Lizilu, I've loved reading all about your fun in the sun! Look forward to next year!  :laugh:

Offline Bob & Jayne

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
    • Share Post
« Reply #89 on: September 01, 2015, 09:29:39 PM »
No Lizzie, how lucky were we to have shared our holiday with you guys! what a blast we all had! and yes work stinks doesn't it on the first day back, our day today wasn't so good, I left the ipad in Turkey!!! the shower at home has broken and the water has been off for most of the afternoon and evening, and the laptop wouldn't work so hence the delay in my blog! all sorted now though, except we won't see our ipad until next year!!! my fault entirely  :o :o The positive of the day was that we finally got our long awaited roast dinner washed down with 2 glasses of prosecco! xx

Offline Lizilu20

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 307
    • Share Post
« Reply #90 on: September 01, 2015, 10:05:44 PM »
Good girl!! I'm on prossecco too. Fancy your shower going at the end of the holiday and ours at the beginning!!

Offline keith

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
    • Share Post
« Reply #91 on: September 01, 2015, 10:20:45 PM »
I'm dreading the thought of going back to the daily grind but at least we've got another five days of fun in the sun in Kalkan. I have thoroughly enjoyed reading about your antics and I'm sure that you've brought a great deal of joy to all followers of this forum.

Offline Skunk

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 40
    • Share Post
« Reply #92 on: September 02, 2015, 11:46:45 AM »
You sure did both you and Lizzie. Glad you had such a great time. Xxx  :) :)

Offline Tyros

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 7
    • Share Post
« Reply #93 on: September 03, 2015, 01:10:26 AM »
Hi Jayne, have really enjoyed your blogs and glad you are home safe and sound. Not wishing to make you jealous but, we are back in our apartment next Thursday for six weeks and really looking forward to it. Take care and hope to meet up again in Kalkan sometime.
Best wishes
Graham & Sandra xx

Offline Bob & Jayne

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
    • Share Post
« Reply #94 on: September 03, 2015, 03:24:17 PM »
Thank you all for your lovely comments, it has been fun sharing our holiday with you all.  Tyros - I am very jealous!!! but wishing you and Sandra a lovely holiday, and maybe look forward to a blog or 2! hopefully next year we will be there at the same time, so will be able to meet up.  Take Care

Jayne

Offline suzyq1

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 10
    • Share Post
« Reply #95 on: September 03, 2015, 10:06:51 PM »
Just wanted to add my own "thank you" to you for posting and sharing your fabulous holiday with us all. Feel for you travelling back on Monday. It was pretty awful. We were travelling back from  Cheltenham, having stayed with some friends ,that we met  in Kalkan last year and I thought of you as we drove through fog and rain…..typical  bank holiday really!

No doubt you will already be planning 2016 and back on count down?

Offline Bob & Jayne

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
    • Share Post
« Reply #96 on: September 04, 2015, 05:09:53 PM »
Thank you Suzyq, yes its been a long week, but back in the work zone now, thank goodness it's the weekend.  Yes 2016 is in the planning stage  :D :D :D

Jayne x

Offline keith

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
    • Share Post
« Reply #97 on: September 04, 2015, 09:31:44 PM »
I'm sure that we will be planning our next excursion to Kalkan as soon as we are back in England.

Offline kalkan4eva

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 267
    • Share Post
« Reply #98 on: September 04, 2015, 10:13:02 PM »
I'm already missing my daily dose of Shirl  :(
Thanks so much for your final post - coming home is always horrible but coming back on that lengthy 2 -flight route then landing to rain and to cap it all, you missed your roast dinner!!!
Well its Friday....have a drink and relax!

Offline Bob & Jayne

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
    • Share Post
« Reply #99 on: September 05, 2015, 04:56:46 PM »
Thanks K4E, yes been a long and hard week, and a couple of drinks last night were very welcome! still in the planning stages now for next year  :D :D :D hope you have had a wonderful holiday, looks fabulous x

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

xx
Shirl & Bob - We've Finally Gone and Done It!

Started by Bob & Jayne on Holiday Reports and Reviews

68 Replies
Last post June 22, 2018, 04:33:39 PM
by Babs
xx
Shirl is Back in Town

145 Replies
Last post September 04, 2016, 07:46:50 AM
by Bob & Jayne
xx
Sassy Shirl is Reunited - Absolutely Fabulous!!!!

80 Replies
Last post September 05, 2017, 09:27:08 AM
by Lizilu20

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

Antalya 2010

Views: 3042
By: fidimax
Kekova Trip