Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: All my bags are packed, I'm ready to go ........  (Read 33362 times)

Offline Haybo

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 73
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
  • Resident: No
Re: All my bags are packed, I'm ready to go ........
« Reply #20 on: July 23, 2015, 06:11:43 AM »
What a trauma! I think ee will have a day at Patara this year....if it's not too hot one day (yeah, right! ) .  Looking forward to next installment.  Only 8 sleeps now!

Offline RosiB

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 39
    • Share Post
  • Owner: Yes
« Reply #21 on: July 23, 2015, 06:28:30 AM »
You must be getting sooooo excited!!!
Traumatic but luckily we've got a sense of humour, so can see the funny side of it all!

Offline Bob & Jayne

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 214
    • Share Post
« Reply #22 on: July 23, 2015, 08:04:11 AM »
Fab report RosiB, living your holiday with you I can tell you! Brought back memories of Patara reading about your hot experience! Two years ago, we got back to the car, and OH realised he had left his Bloc sunglasses where he had showered at the beach. I went back to get them, and someone had already got there first, no sunglasses in sight! by the time I got back to the car, I was very hot indeed and no sunglasses for my efforts!! He made a note to self, never put sunglasses down at Patara Beach again!

Enjoy your day and look forward to another post when you have time  :D

Jx

Offline Lizilu20

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 307
    • Share Post
« Reply #23 on: July 23, 2015, 10:21:27 AM »
Another fab report Ros - you're good at this.  :)

I can just picture Bill sat in the shade in his nice cool car, and you lot sweltering thinking you've been abandoned!  ;) and then the trauma of the car breaking down at a very inappropriate place. I bet you couldn't wait to get in that pool and under the air con! I don't blame you for not wanting a sweaty trip round the market - you've got loads more Thursdays left for that treat.

3 WEEKS TODAY FOR US  8) 8) 8)

Offline clara 50

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 27
    • Share Post
« Reply #24 on: July 23, 2015, 10:28:44 AM »
Keep the reports coming, keeping my spirits up could almost be with you there especially the ruins. Love  Patara and Letoon always been the only ones there and eerily quiet but so atmospheric if you let your imagination run riot. Missing Kalkan for the first time in eight years Mum home after six weeks in hospital but still needs almost constant care now. Need to hear all about the Kalkan we love so much to brighten up the day and remember all the special times we've had in the past. So keep 'em coming, look forward to reading them. Have a wonderful time and an Efes for me, one in Wetherspoons on a shopping day just doesn't tick all the boxes lol. Cheers to you all!!

Offline kalkan4eva

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 267
    • Share Post
« Reply #25 on: July 23, 2015, 10:59:21 AM »
Oh RosiB, I was hot, sweaty and stressed reading that....no pool for me to jump into :(
Loving your reports, please keep them coming
Better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt :)

Offline RosiB

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
    • Share Post
« Reply #26 on: July 24, 2015, 05:08:39 AM »
Oh, what a night! - but not for the right reasons! More of this later.

Yesterday morning, Bill and Mia went off to the market, as planned. There were a couple of things I needed and I'd given them a list as I know Bill's memory isn't his best feature. On this list - peaches, tomatoes, potatoes, onions. I'd decided to do some cleaning while they were out and, as a treat for Mia, bake some chocolate brownies. I got them into the oven before doing anything else (there are some left, Lara!) Then time to start tidying; lo and behold, on the coffee table was the list! But surely he'd remember four items, I hear you say. Well, four items did come back - DVDs, a cigarette lighter, lemon cologne and a belt! Even I can't make a meal with that lot! I was not best pleased so decided to leave them to scrabble together whatever they could find for lunch and I went off with WH.

As the day progressed, it was becoming more and more humid, and by 4 pm it was too uncomfortable to stay out. In my stroppy mood and because of the lack of basic ingredients, I wasn't going to be doing any cooking, so Bill suggested we went to Chillies. I just wanted a simple salad, but the others had chicken. Afterwards, we went up to Migros to get the missing items then back home. At about 10, we were ready for bed - lightweights, I know! Two hours later, I was wakened by a sobbing Mia, who'd thrown up all over her bedroom floor. I calmed her down, cleaned her up, mopped up and put her into bed with us. Half an hour later, we were up again - more mopping! Only this time, to make it more interesting, the power went off, too! Meanwhile, Bill slept like a baby through it all! Eventually, we got back to bed only to be wakened 20 minutes later - Bill was busy, praying at the porcelain altar!

Today can only improve, can't it????

Offline Babs

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 111
    • Share Post
« Reply #27 on: July 24, 2015, 08:48:25 AM »
Oh no......things can go horribly wrong even in paradise!  ???
My question would be.....what did Bill and Mia eat at the market? Hope you don't succumb (spelling??) and that everyone feels much better soon.

Offline Lizilu20

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
    • Share Post
« Reply #28 on: July 24, 2015, 10:54:50 AM »
Oh dear, what a rotten night you all had. From bitter experience I can definitely recommend the pharmacy next to simply chic, and the one just up from Kaya for all your gastroenteritis needs. The pharmacists are excellent at both of these places and will sort them out in no time if you describe their symptoms. Really hope they are both feeling better soon. I suppose it's better to have the trots at the beginning of the holiday and get it out of the way - if you have to succumb to it.  :( :(

Offline RosiB

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
    • Share Post
« Reply #29 on: July 24, 2015, 11:52:52 AM »
Thank you, ladies! Bill seems to have bounced back; in fact he's taken himself off to Cafe Vita for some lunch! Mia has slept most of the day but I'm sure she'll be fine before long.

Offline Lizilu20

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
    • Share Post
« Reply #30 on: July 24, 2015, 12:49:30 PM »
That's good, hope a speedy recovery is on the cards. Meanwhile you can have fun being creative with Bill's presents from the market  ::) The male of the species definitely have a different set of market priorities than the females.   ;D Love Bill's essentials!

Offline kalkan4eva

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 267
    • Share Post
« Reply #31 on: July 24, 2015, 02:05:09 PM »
Oh dear...what a carry on! Sounds like something they've both eaten, although its unusual for an adult to bounce back before a child. Let's hope the Cafe Vita lunch isn't too premature  :o
Yes, Lizilu, the male version of the essentials list made me laugh too...and come on..how many of us buy lemon cologne and never use it..? I've stopped myself buying Apple Tea these days after clearing the cupboards at home of boxes of the stuff that had somehow gone rock hard over the years.
Looking forward to hearing more about your stay, RosiB...loving these reports.

Offline Bob & Jayne

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 214
    • Share Post
« Reply #32 on: July 24, 2015, 03:47:01 PM »
RosiB glad to hear Bill is on the mend, and am sure Mia will be better very soon, not nice at all is it, been there ourselves too! Male version of market essentials, that has just made me laugh too ladies! and as for the lemon cologne, just love that when you enter the market and the chap insists on smothering you in it, such a warm welcome when your sweltering in the market! I resisted buying it last year as we too have plenty of the stuff!

Look forward to another instalment soon RosiB.   ;)

Offline tortoise lady

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 26
    • Share Post
« Reply #33 on: July 24, 2015, 06:40:04 PM »
Hope Mia is now feeling better too.   

I might actually try buying the lemon cologne next visit, maybe help against the various insects?

Anyone else buys lemon salt and has it sitting there in the kitchen for a very long time?   A pinch in gin and tonic goes well so I must remember that.

Offline keith

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 2638
    • Share Post
« Reply #34 on: July 24, 2015, 07:06:06 PM »
Is the clue in your visit to Chillies? You went for salad and the rest went for chicken!! I really don't envy anyone having to pray at the porcelain alter. Touch wood we've never experienced this in Kalkan. Good to know that there a couple of good pharmacists.......... just in case

Offline RosiB

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
    • Share Post
« Reply #35 on: July 26, 2015, 04:36:53 AM »
For the last couple of days, the weather has been a bit overcast - which hasn't been a bad thing, as it meant there wasn't much of a struggle getting Mia to stay in to get over the sickness bug. Apparently, lots of people in Kalkan have come down with it. Those DVDs Bill bought at the market have proved to be useful after all, too!
We were meant to go on a boat trip yesterday, but postponed it; the captain of the Falcon was great and said we could change to Sunday, so that's the plan for today - I'll let you know how that goes. I'm not totally comfortable with boats, but compromised with Bill - I'd do a boat trip if he'd do a cookery lesson! He agreed, so watch this space! He's good at doing barbecues, but has never attempted anything else; maybe he'll turn out to be the next Jamie Oliver!
Sunrise this morning has been gorgeous and it looks and feels like it's going to be very hot. Will update you later with all that happens.

Offline pw

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 43
  • Re-branded & abbreviated
    • Share Post
« Reply #36 on: July 26, 2015, 10:13:48 AM »
There appears to be a widespread health issue in Kalkan at the moment. See report on KTLN for details. It is very unfair to implicate Chillies in this regard.

pw
re-branded & abbreviated

Offline pw

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 43
  • Re-branded & abbreviated
    • Share Post
« Reply #37 on: July 26, 2015, 01:32:44 PM »
Chiliies may not be fully to blame for this,however the chef is new this year and the quality leaves much to be desired.
Last year the dishes were so much more appetising and well presented and Chillies was one of our favourites.This year,they have,in my own opinion,definetly lost something and this years chef is not as good with presentation or quality...........We wont be eating there now,but there so many other fab places.

This year our big favourites are Coriander,Yelkin Bistro,Small house,Café Vita for lunch  and not to forget our consistently good Foto pizza.

Everyone to their own.

It's all about personal preference. Personally I couldn't disagree with you more. Chillies food has been excellent this year. Again, my opinion.
To say they may not be FULLY to blame for the current outbreak of ill health suggests that you think they are in some way responsible, which based on your opinion of the presentation of their food is ridiculous, not to mention harmful to their business and potentially libelous.

pw

Offline keith

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 2638
    • Share Post
« Reply #38 on: July 26, 2015, 02:30:27 PM »
I hadn't intended to single Chillies out for any particular criticism. I was just trying to say that you would always normally just look at what and where you have eaten to try to determine if there was a common denominator. The article on KTLN seems to suggest that there may be a wider issue this year.

Offline RosiB

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
    • Share Post
« Reply #39 on: July 26, 2015, 04:13:35 PM »
PW, there is nothing in what I wrote that even slightly suggested that Chillies was to blame, and that was never my intention. I feel you're being oversensitive and presumptuous in assuming that's what I meant.

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

xx
Almost Ready!

Started by macrefield mom on Holiday Reports and Reviews

14 Replies
Last post October 17, 2013, 09:37:51 PM
by kalkan4eva
thumbup
Getting ready for Kalkan

Started by kalkan4eva on General Discussion

32 Replies
Last post June 26, 2016, 05:20:13 PM
by pw
xx
Ready or Not..here I come - new resident

Started by Lynnecurtis on Introduce Yourself

5 Replies
Last post August 28, 2009, 08:29:41 PM
by Chucky
xx
Getting ready for the season

Started by alantj on General Discussion

0 Replies
Last post April 08, 2012, 03:56:15 PM
by alantj

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal