Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Has it lost, or is it losing its charm?  (Read 19437 times)

Offline Blue Lizard

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 185
    • Share Post
Re: Has it lost, or is it losing its charm?
« Reply #40 on: July 15, 2015, 12:59:20 PM »
Welcome back to the forum, BL....wondered if we'd lost you to Croatia :P
Your paranoia about snakes made me laugh out loud...I was almost obsessed with snakes this year! Checking toilets, drains and sinks became a daily ritual and sprinting past/through scrubland on our daily walks was the norm.
We've also booked for next year so hope to catch up with you and Mrs Lizard...God willing!
]

Ha!! your blue buddy is never far away..just having a little break away, but I have been peeping with my beady little eyes! Monarch sorted for next year £166 with front seats!Bargain egh?...Villa booked  and new Flippen Floppen already bought! we looked at Croatia for 10 minutes but half heartedly as I couldn't raise any great enthusiasm and so we thought "if it aint broken don't fix it" so kalkan it is!! Anyway Croatian Mozzies are bigger as are the toilet snakes :o...Don't forget Euros 2016 (football) start on the 10Th June for those that like it and for those that don't.... >:D
Im sure we will meet again(I feel a song coming on) ;D
People Of Britain.. When your missus asks "Does my bum look big in this? Never say "Dunno your blocking the light."... just sayin ????

ta ta for now
Lizard

Offline Bob & Jayne

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 214
    • Share Post
  • Owner: Yes
  • Resident: No
« Reply #41 on: July 15, 2015, 01:49:56 PM »
Welcome back Blue Lizard, glad to have you back on here!  :) :) :D :D

J

Offline jnismith

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 0
    • Share Post
« Reply #42 on: July 26, 2015, 06:09:49 PM »
I've been meaning to post a reply to this for a few days.  I've just come back from my 6th visit, the first was in 1997 and of course, every year the area of Kalkan has grown.  But the town centre is still pretty much the same. OK the bus garage has gone! But overall, it is still a really nice place to be.  There are now 2 Indian restaurants, but the Chinese on the Kalamar road has closed.  But overall 95% of them are still Turkish/Mediterranean and the food is as good as ever. So even if you can get a "full English", I don't have to eat it. Yes, there was disco noise on one night out of seven, yes you can buy fake football shirts, yes the restaurant barkers will hassle you but IT'S STILL A BEAUTIFUL PLACE! And it's still somewhere that whenever I leave, I start to think about when I can go back again.

Offline cleworthallray

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 18
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
  • Resident: No
« Reply #43 on: July 26, 2015, 08:14:35 PM »
Hey BL send me a picture of the bag man. I'll take my shot gun and make him an offer he can't refuse for you. £2 should sort it. Wonder if he was a Turkish kalkaner as I've never come across anything like that. In fact last year our friends bought 2 bags just before baharat and the chap told us to come and pay for them tomorrow cos they didn't have enough cash on them but take them with us. Bought from him before but.... Only in kalkan

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

smiley
Kalkan has a charm all of its own

Started by Pam on Introduce Yourself

7 Replies
Last post August 18, 2009, 09:28:38 PM
by Pam
xx
Lost Dog

Started by Lancs on General Discussion

7 Replies
Last post May 30, 2008, 01:15:54 PM
by felicity
xx
Lost cat

Started by Cosetta on General Discussion

10 Replies
Last post October 05, 2011, 12:56:27 PM
by HolmfirthNicky
xx
LOST !

Started by Mrs Enjoy Kalkan on The Everything Else Area!

7 Replies
Last post June 03, 2008, 09:53:05 AM
by Blue Lizard

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal