Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Sooooooo excited!  (Read 4165 times)

Offline suzyq1

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 10
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
  • Resident: No
Sooooooo excited!
« on: June 09, 2015, 07:03:14 PM »
Hi everyone.

I feel a bit like the dog coming home with its tail between its legs, as I haven't contributed to the forum in ages, but I'm hoping I can be welcomed back into the fold again? ???

I must admit my reasons are purely selfish as I need like minded people to share my excitement with.

Having resigned myself to not being able to get away this year, hubby and I had a mad five minutes a couple of weeks ago, (combined with a cheap flight)  and thought "lets do it." So in just over 2 weeks we are off to Kalkan. Having always booked at least 9 months in advance this is new territory for me so finding it hard to contain myself. There is only so much Kalkan talk  that other family members and friends can put-up with so here I am!

I must point out that although I haven't contributed I have continued to enjoy  reading the holiday reports and finding out about everything that's been happening in Kalkan.

The Kids  didn't want to join us this year, so again new territory for us being on our own. It will be strange, but have to say I'm looking forward to doing exactly what we want and visiting the places that I have missed out on over the last two visits.

A quick thank you to Bob & Jayne who have been so kind and helpful (as usual) in answering my messages.

Barb H ….if you read this , you never know we may get to meet up this year? Can't remember off hand your dates but we are there 26th July for 2 weeks so think we possibly overlap?

With only just over 2 weeks to go I'm sure there must be something I should be doing?  ??? Getting cases down, sorting clothes, buying new clothes, sun cream, toiletries, dieting? ok maybe a bit late for that, but you get the picture  :) :) :)

So little time ,so bye for now.

Linkback: https://www.enjoykalkan.com/forum/index.php?topic=12807.0

Offline Kalkan regular

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 80
    • Share Post
  • Owner: Yes
Re: Sooooooo excited!
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2015, 10:13:04 PM »
I'm sure it will be all the better for being last minute and it will be great to do what you want without compromise. We'll be in Kalkan then and it's a great time to be there. Enjoy.

Offline BarbH

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
    • Share Post
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2015, 10:34:52 PM »
Hi Suzy,

Not sure what happened to my last letter I posted!

We will be out there from 16th to 30th June so if you go on the 27th June (not July) we might be able to see you. We are back in our usual hotel so come in and have a drink wih us.

We are over on the island  first week of July for a few days for a 21st birthday.

If we don;t manage to meet up have a lovely time without the kids, at least you can do what you want without having to consider them, I am sure you will enjoy yourselves.

Barb

Offline antler

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 48
    • Share Post
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2015, 12:58:12 AM »
Hello suzyq1 - you will be there with us!  What a great time to go, lol!  Hope you have a fabulous holiday and see you on the beach!

Antler

Offline Lizilu20

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 307
    • Share Post
« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2015, 09:03:47 AM »
Hi suzyq1, good to hear from you again. Wow, a last minute unexpected Kalkan treat - have a lovely holiday!

We recently went away for the very first time without our girls and dare I say it - it was wonderful! Although we found ourselves talking about them all the time "ooh the girls would love this etc.  :)

Enjoy every minute.  :)

Offline kalkan4eva

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 267
    • Share Post
« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2015, 02:05:08 PM »
Have a fabulous stay, suzyq1...Kalkan is ready for you even if you're not ready for Kalkan 8)
Better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt :)

Offline Bob & Jayne

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 214
    • Share Post
  • Owner: Yes
« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2015, 08:05:10 PM »
So happy for you Suzyq1 that you have booked your holiday, and imagine you must be so excited.  Not long now till your departure to Paradise. Have a fab fab time, and look forward to hearing all about it. 

Jayne & Bob x

Offline suzyq1

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
    • Share Post
« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2015, 09:57:05 PM »
Sorry Barb I did mean 26th June, see I'm all over the place. I know which hotel you are in, but not too sure where it is, but sure we will find it. 

Will look out for you on the beach Antler, Think I'm looking for someone in a bright shirt, laying on a Boss towel. Failing that I'll look out for the cool bag, or is that reserved for Patara beach only ?

Glad you had a wonderful holiday Lizilu. You're a girl after my own heart, making the birthday celebrations last all year  :)

Isle of Wight festival this weekend and then Kalkan preparations start in earnest. Feel as though I'm on a permanent high  :) :) If only I didn't have to work in between it would be perfect!

Offline antler

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 48
    • Share Post
« Reply #8 on: June 11, 2015, 04:36:44 AM »
Haha, suzyq1, no, that amazing cool bag (light as a feather) is for general purpose use - and especially for transporting large tubs of ice cream back to the roof terrace of Yellow Villa before knocking up a double chocolate cake to go with it. Can't wait for that!

One week tomorrow we fly and then we will be there to confirm what K4E says - that Kalkan is ready for you!

Travel safe (and thanks for the reminder re the Boss towel!!)

Offline Babs

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 111
    • Share Post
« Reply #9 on: June 11, 2015, 06:23:03 AM »
How exciting suzyq1 have a great time!

Offline suzyq1

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
    • Share Post
« Reply #10 on: June 11, 2015, 08:29:51 AM »
You've done it now Antler! Don't think you realise that mentioning double chocolate cake  can only mean one thing……. a mob of EK members queuing at your door  >:D >:D

Will look forward to hearing all about your holiday and hopefully will pick up a few culinary tips on the way!

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

xx
So excited - and thank you.

Started by HoneyBunny on General Discussion

1 Replies
Last post May 03, 2010, 01:32:21 PM
by Begonvil
recycled
excited

Started by welshdoll3 on General Discussion

1 Replies
Last post May 20, 2009, 01:59:26 PM
by felicity
xx
We're so excited!

Started by Livingproof on Introduce Yourself

8 Replies
Last post August 11, 2009, 09:42:10 AM
by Livingproof
xx
Getting Excited

Started by hodstar on General Discussion

6 Replies
Last post May 17, 2012, 02:26:45 PM
by BarbH

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal