Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Kalkan with the kiddies!  (Read 18766 times)

Offline Haybo

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 73
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
  • Resident: No
Re: Kalkan with the kiddies!
« Reply #40 on: May 28, 2015, 07:07:33 PM »
That's exactly why we  extended to 3 weeks!

Offline Babs

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 111
    • Share Post
« Reply #41 on: May 30, 2015, 02:45:19 PM »
Like Jo we are back home  :(
Our last night meal at the Fish Terrace was lovely and was sandwiched between Botanik and Cafe del Mar......you know you've been somewhere too much when they ask if you would like the menu or a glass of red!! :laugh:
Our last day began with breakfast at Ada.....everyone's clear breakfast winner! Then after a little wander we pegged ourselves out on the Bech for the last few hours.....willing the sun to come out, which it did!
Last long lunch at the Korsan,mour holidays always begin and end there! Lots happening with the harbour works and The Korsan gave us a ringside view of the cement pump and the workmen who are either quite mad or very brave!!
Off to the airport in the evening when finally the promised rain came......beautiful rainbows for our journey!
Arrived home at 3.30 this morning  :( and missing Kalkan desperately!
So my final thoughts.......
The building work aside Kalkan is as beautiful as ever
We had some amazing food and drink and found that in general restaurants don't seem to have cashed in on the exchange rate......all so reasonable
The people are as lovely as ever......despite some old favourites being missing.....such as Halit from Just Silver
We actually thought there were less dogs around and that those that were were very chilled....controversial??
Kalkan didn't seem quite ready for our arrival but we could see it getting busier and busier as our holiday went on.....a few business people mentioned it was quieter than usual so hope things pick up for the locals soon
We had a lovely time.......and have already planned to return next year but in October as we prefer the chilled vibe then and without a doubt the warmer sea!! :laugh:

Offline Lizilu20

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 307
    • Share Post
« Reply #42 on: May 30, 2015, 08:22:02 PM »
What are we to do now you and Jo have gone home Babs?  ???
Glad you arrived home safely but rather sad that you can't continue to report back to us Kalkan deprived peeps. I'm quietly keeping my fingers crossed that possibly K4E and others will take up the baton before too long.

Glad you 2 and the kiddies had a good time in May and it's good to hear that Kalkan is getting ready for the season.  It's also always good to try something different but I bet Kalkan is fab in October when the sun doesn't scorch as much,  the sea is warm and the vibe chilled. I just wish we could go either sept or oct but one day hopefully we will experience it.
I've really enjoyed joining you and your family on holiday this past week Babs. Thanks so much.  :)
« Last Edit: May 30, 2015, 08:24:04 PM by Lizilu20 »

Offline kalkan4eva

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 267
    • Share Post
« Reply #43 on: May 31, 2015, 02:04:11 AM »
I'm gutted you are home so soon....seems like only yesterday that you arrived  :( I've really enjoyed reading your blogs and hearing your thoughts on places new and old, thanks for taking the time to post.
Dont worry, Lizilu, I will post, but I'm not an everydayer, but in the meantime Rachey is still there....come on Rachey!
But the best news of all is Antler is just behind us and he will be like poetic Shakespeare next to my trashy Hello magazine. I cannot wait to read his blog, although I'm acutely aware when he arrives it will be almost time for us to leave...sob sob!
Better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt :)

Offline Bob & Jayne

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 214
    • Share Post
  • Owner: Yes
« Reply #44 on: May 31, 2015, 07:23:33 AM »
Welcome home Babs, and thank you so much for sharing your fab holiday with us.  So glad that you had such a lovely holiday.  As the ladies have already said, am enjoying Rachey's holiday reports, and then will be looking forward to K4E's followed by Antler's and who knows who else in between may put a post or two on.  :D

I can't wait for August, wish it would hurry up, as I look out of my window this morning it is pouring with rain again! Happy Sunday  :o

J

Offline Lizilu20

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 307
    • Share Post
« Reply #45 on: May 31, 2015, 09:11:49 AM »
DOH! Think I was having a senior moment now I'm growing up and into my golden years!  ::) Of course Rachey, how could I possibly forget.  I've really been enjoying your reports - where are you? You've gone all quiet. Must be having a wonderful time and too busy relaxing and chilling to post - not that I blame you.  :) :) :)

Good to know K4E and antler are hot on the trail too.  :)

Offline samson

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 26
    • Share Post
  • Owner: Yes
« Reply #46 on: May 31, 2015, 12:42:45 PM »
So where is Halit?  ???

Offline Charlie

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 68
    • Share Post
« Reply #47 on: May 31, 2015, 03:59:01 PM »
Is it just Halit or has the shop Just Silver gone too?

Offline Babs

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 111
    • Share Post
« Reply #48 on: May 31, 2015, 04:42:45 PM »
Just Silver is still there but each evening we peered in to see if he was sitting behind his desk as usual.....we didn't go in and ask, to be fair, because I was trying to resist temptation!   :angel:

Offline kalkan4eva

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 267
    • Share Post
« Reply #49 on: May 31, 2015, 11:50:54 PM »
Halit wasn't at the shop much last season either....think the property side of his business takes prescidence these days

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

xx
First time to Kalkan - Family of 3 - recommended restaurants in Kalkan please??

Started by Harrogate_female on Restaurants, Bars, Nightlife & Shopping

5 Replies
Last post October 05, 2009, 01:48:16 PM
by howmad
xx
Transfer to Dalaman from Kalkan 24/10/2009 / return Dalaman to Kalkan 9/11

Started by Buster on Flights and Travel

0 Replies
Last post October 02, 2009, 11:23:26 AM
by Buster
xx
ATM's in Kalkan

Started by amberpop on Money & Finance

7 Replies
Last post July 27, 2012, 02:04:25 PM
by amberpop
xx
going to kalkan in may

Started by kasska on Flights and Travel

2 Replies
Last post March 02, 2008, 05:10:19 PM
by kasska

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

No Efes at Omar's!

Views: 3191
By: Alfaman
Need I say?