Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Kalkan with the kiddies!  (Read 18619 times)

Offline Babs

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 111
    • Share Post
Kalkan with the kiddies!
« on: May 19, 2015, 09:20:03 PM »
 Well this time tomorrow we will (hopefully) just have arrived in Kalkan and be having a drink on our roof terrace.  :laugh:
So, for the first time in a few years we are hitting Kalkan 'en famille'. OH and I, both daughters and husband and boyfriend. The 'kiddies' are aged 23 to 31  :laugh:, our daughters have both been many times before and the 'boys' have each been once.
Despite feeling a little apprehensive, due to many very negative reports on here and dare I say it, tripadvisor, I am very excited and can't wait to be back in the place I've come to love over the last 10 years or so  :angel:

Linkback: https://www.enjoykalkan.com/forum/index.php?topic=12758.0

Offline janeb

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 15
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
  • Resident: No
Re: Kalkan with the kiddies!
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2015, 09:22:18 PM »
Have a great holiday. Will look forward to your posts.  :laugh:

Offline Haybo

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 73
    • Share Post
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2015, 10:36:10 PM »
Can't wait to hear what you think when you are there in the flesh. Have a great stay and keep the posts coming x

Offline kalkan4eva

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 267
    • Share Post
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2015, 10:47:51 PM »
Looking forward to hearing all about your stay, Babs, and hearing your views on Kalkan as a long-time visitor. Wishing you a safe trip  :)
Better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt :)

Offline Lizilu20

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 307
    • Share Post
« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2015, 11:42:34 AM »
Hi Babs

Well you should be on your way now!!!!

Can't wait to hear your thoughts about Kalkan this year and  I really hope that you have a superb holiday with the "kids".  :-*

Offline Bob & Jayne

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 214
    • Share Post
  • Owner: Yes
« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2015, 06:49:26 PM »
Imagine you are all settled in Babs, hope you had a good journey and looking forward to hearing all about your holiday with your family! Am sure you will have a wonderful time  :D :D :D

Offline antler

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 48
    • Share Post
« Reply #6 on: May 20, 2015, 08:09:50 PM »
So looking forward to hearing about your adventures, Babs. Hope you all arrived safely and are ready to wind down - or up?!

Enjoy every minute, lucky people!

Antler

Offline Babs

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
    • Share Post
« Reply #7 on: May 21, 2015, 04:17:13 PM »
So we arrived last night and a smooth journey and amazingly met L and B who had travelled from birmingham as planned, they landed an hour before us and we set off to Kalkan in the smartest mini bus ever.......it was the sort of bus you could imagine being used for a hen weekend!
Our renovated old town house is amazing......if a little confusing! It has seven levels in all with the roof terraces (plural) and that's not counting the split level living area and master bedroom!
A quick drink on the jungle terrace then bed! Woke this morning to lovely blue skies, breakfast at Ada patisserie and then off to the Atlantis for a turkish bath. We bumped into,the lovely Ilhan at the new lime bar, will go back there sometime. The turkish bath was as relaxing and amusing as ever  ;D. Ended with son in law whispering to one of the "scrubbers" to give younger daughters boyfriend the cold water treatment.......war has now been declared!
Snack at Fener, all enjoyed and the service was fine. Followed by a few hours on the beach.
So now to the nitty, gritty..........the area where the work is being done following the fire just makes me feel sad  :( such a huge area! The work is going to be going on there for quite some time yet! There were more beds and shades on the beach but it didn't really seem season ready, quite a bit of litter but fine for a few hours.
So far so lovely......have bumped into a few old friends and been greeted in the same warm way as ever! Off to Korsan this evening, a first night tradition for us........looking forward to that! :laugh:

Offline kalkan4eva

• Kalkander!
    • Share Post
« Reply #8 on: May 21, 2015, 06:22:37 PM »
Glad to hear you had an uneventful journey and all arrived safely.
What is the Jungle Terrace...? sounds like Mosquito City  :P You are in the perfect location and will have a wonderful break, I'm sure of that. yes the harbour looks sad and the beach a bit unloved at the moment, but fingers crossed things will pick up this weekend in preparation for the the half-termers arriving.
Atlantis Turkish Bath on your first day - we could be separated at birth :)
The pictures Dimitris put up of Lime look amazing - its where Parc/Lemon Tree used to be isnt it? The wooden fences coming down have really opened up the space. It will be our local in a few short weeks, cant wait to see him.
Look forward to hearing more about your stay

Offline Bob & Jayne

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
    • Share Post
« Reply #9 on: May 21, 2015, 08:43:10 PM »
Glad your holiday Babs has got off to a fab start, your day sounds like you've settled in and enjoyed yourselves. We've never had a Turkish Bath as yet! but have to say it's something we have thought of doing! Hopefully the town beach can only get better as the season gets going! fingers crossed! Looking forward to more posts if you have time!

J

Offline Lizilu20

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
    • Share Post
« Reply #10 on: May 22, 2015, 09:38:34 AM »
Glad you've arrived safe and sound and all together.

I've never had a Turkish bath either, maybe that should be on the list for this summer. I'm a bit apprehensive about my lumps and bumps being pummelled though  :)

Have a fab holiday and hope to hear again from you soon.  :-*

Offline kalkan4eva

• Kalkander!
    • Share Post
« Reply #11 on: May 22, 2015, 10:58:27 AM »
I would advocate a Turkish Bath on your first day....just the best start to your holiday. I always say I am "Kalkan Ready" when I've had this. There are a few places to choose from, but I like Atlantis as it reminds me of a proper old-fashioned Hamman...How much for the full works this year, Babs?

Offline Babs

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
    • Share Post
« Reply #12 on: May 22, 2015, 03:39:52 PM »
K4E we had the turkish bath.....none of the extra massages and it was £18 and yes the Lime is where Parc Kalkan was and it does look very nice, they are also advertising music two nights a week. The building works do seem to be coming along fast but it is a scene of devastation down there, think they will be going on for quite some time.
So our first night out, sundowners on the second terrace, the jungle terrace is at the bottom of our house and is surrounded with trees and plants, hence the name! :laugh:
The Korsan was as lovely as ever and of course being our first night out we drank far too much and regretted it this morning......strategic plans have been made to prevent a repeat! ::) although younger daughters boyfriend caused great hilarity by ordering a candy floss martini in Trio......should we be concerned?!  ;D
So today is my birthday.....well it's not actually, it was the day before we came away so I decided to postpone it! Breakfast at Fener followed by a day at Palm Beach.....new sun beds there and lots of staff we didn't recognise and we had a lovely day apart from the odd weather, very humid and hazy! After cards and present s we are off to Botanik for cocktails followed by dinner at Sade.......had lovely meals there last year so really looking forward to it!
Olive flies.....a whole new experience for us! Bizarrely they don't seem to be bothering me which is odd as I am usually a bug magnet but OH keeps getting covered......they seem to like white t shirts? Any tips gratefully,received!
K4E the photo was taken especially for you......I kept it warm for you! Oops it says the file is too large.......will send via facebook!

Offline Babs

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
    • Share Post
« Reply #13 on: May 22, 2015, 03:47:08 PM »
Ah, forgot to mention the alarm! Our house has a rather complicated alarm system......during the day when we got out we have to make sure our bedroom and shower room door are closed, just those two and then there is a night setting and we have to make sure our bathroom door is open.......you can imagine what happened when OH got up to go to the loo at 3.30 am and politely closed the door!? Worrying thing is that younger daughter and boyfriend didn't even hear it.....must have been the candy floss martini effect!  :laugh:

Offline Lizilu20

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
    • Share Post
« Reply #14 on: May 22, 2015, 03:50:44 PM »
Sounds like you're having a fab time despite your earlier fears, so glad for you and a very happy belated birthday too. How I wish I was relaxing on a lounger at palm beach club right now.  8) :)

Offline kalkan4eva

• Kalkander!
    • Share Post
« Reply #15 on: May 22, 2015, 05:34:09 PM »
Just come over all jealous....our bed...all spruced up and shiny new! Lucky you - wish I was there right this minute.
So Fassbender not at Palm this year? I hope the new faces are up to the task and can make a mean Long Island Iced Tea for my personal cocktail hour >:D
Oh the alarm shenanigans....that one's set to run. I'd forgotten which doors are meant to be open when by the time I'd finished your post so add alcohol into the mix and I expect it will be fun and games.
Need cocktail favourites list please...tasting all in the name of research obviously.
Have fun at Botanik(LOVE that place..) and enjoy Sade (still not been  :()
Olive flies..? try Head and Shoulders shampoo - pretty sure they have it at Yali as we were plagued when we last came in May and it was recommended to me.

Offline Bob & Jayne

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
    • Share Post
« Reply #16 on: May 22, 2015, 06:47:06 PM »
Loving the posts, thank you Babs for posting, even though it is your belated birthday! but a happy belated birthday nonetheless. Palm beach, Sade, Botanik, oh how I wish we were there too.  Olive flies, yes I agree not had the experience of those before, thank goodness, because I too am a magnet for mozzies! Hope OH isn't too badly bitten!

J

Offline Babs

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
    • Share Post
« Reply #17 on: May 23, 2015, 04:10:11 PM »
Birthday Mel at Sade was brilliant.....delicious food, everyone agreed and so many fireworks......and paper hearts popped out all over the tale, followed by a free bottle of bubbly!
Very hot today, spent the day at Patara, lovely.
Off to Mussakka tonight, looking forward to that and planning to sneak in a cheeky bit of be shopping before we eat!

Offline Babs

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
    • Share Post
« Reply #18 on: May 24, 2015, 04:06:58 PM »
So bag shopping accomplished off we went to Mussakka......food as good as ever but are we the only people who find their service a bit brisk at times? They seem to have their favourites and gravitate towards them, each time the particular waiter who was serving us came to the table he just barked "finished!" Maybe it's us? ???
So today after breakfast at Fener, where we are finding the service better than ever( just saying!) we set off to Kas with daughter and son in law. The last couple of years we have liked Kas more but Still think its not a patch on Kalkan......I suspect you are either a Kalkan or Kas person! Lovely afternoon on the beach then off to the Fosh Terrace today.....my daughter is already excited about her favourite meal in the world.....and she's travelled quite a lot of it!
Boat trip on Moby Dick tomorrow......may give the reports a miss for a couple of days as beach, dinner, beach dinner is getting a little boring!   :laugh:

Offline Lizilu20

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
    • Share Post
« Reply #19 on: May 24, 2015, 10:18:06 PM »
Nooooo don't stop! It's not boring at all. What's your daughters favourite meal? What is the Moby dick like as we are booked on this August? I need the answers to these questions!!!  :)

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal