Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Well We Are Here  (Read 21822 times)

Offline Joeyloveskalkan

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 6
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
  • Resident: No
Well We Are Here
« on: May 18, 2015, 12:35:27 PM »
Hi guys
We arrived late Friday night. Sat at the bar for an Efes or two and it was a bit chilly. Ever since though it has got hotter and hotter. We have had clear blue skies and sapphire blue seas. Gorgeous.

We have not experienced any problems with building works but that is not to say there isn't any. The site of the fire is a building site though.

Currently sat in the new seats at Merkez. Very pleasant. The music choice very chilled.

We have eaten at the new Coriander. The food was excellent. He had 32 covers in while we were there. That says something.

Time for a bit more chilling. Will try and post more as time passes.

Jo

Linkback: https://www.enjoykalkan.com/forum/index.php?topic=12754.0

Offline kalkan4eva

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 267
    • Share Post
Re: Well We Are Here
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2015, 01:31:30 PM »
Thanks for posting Jo.
Can't wait to try Coriander. Is Lime open uet - think its where Parc/Lemon Garden was last year.
Enjoy your stay and look forward to hearing more
Better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt :)

Offline Mayday1

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 35
    • Share Post
  • Owner: Yes
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2015, 02:54:20 PM »
We tried Coriander a couple of times in early May....................It is fantastic quality.....really good.

The front guy is Jan from the Baharat ( when it was good )......The chef is also from Baharat ( when it was good )..........I say this because we had fab meals whilst they were at Baharat but it really went downhill when they left................No wonder Coriander is excellent.Lets hope they can keep up the standard when it gets busier.

Offline Lizilu20

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 307
    • Share Post
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2015, 02:55:55 PM »
Hi Jo, glad you arrived safely and look forward to hearing more from you while you're in Kalkan.  :)

Offline Bob & Jayne

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 214
    • Share Post
« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2015, 03:19:58 PM »
Hi Jo, thanks for posting.  We went to Coriander too at Easter, and it was very good, they took us into the kitchen area to choose our meals, but someone has said that they don't do that now, not sure though.  We are looking forward to going to Merkez, have heard its lovely. Enjoy your holiday and look forward to more posts if you have time.  :D

J

Offline pattaya

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 14
    • Share Post
« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2015, 05:22:42 PM »
Hi
we went to coriander last week, the food was among the best we had during our stay.
In the winter when we was there we went into the kitchen to choose our food. This has been scaled down to a counter in the restaurant where you can choose some Turkish food ( More a lunchtime option now )
As in the evening most people was ordering from the menu. Going back in June and its on my list ...
 :)

Offline Mayday1

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 35
    • Share Post
« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2015, 05:56:17 PM »
Yes the counter in the restaurant with more traditional Turkish food was more for the local Turkish people in the winter months...a very good idea.At the moment,as it is new for this year,they are feeling their way on the ground floor to ensure they provide excellent food and service.

They have two levels above and once sure of giving the same service,will expand the restaurant.............." Slowly Slowly " as Jan said.

I wish them all the very best for the season and it will most definetly be on our list when we return in June.

Offline Joeyloveskalkan

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
    • Share Post
« Reply #7 on: May 19, 2015, 12:53:11 PM »
Back in Merkez for another fruit juice and a chill. We need it today as it is hot hot hot. Clear blue skies again.

Been for a walk to Talk Beach Club this morning to ask how much a sun bed is at the moment. 10 lira is the answer.

Went to Fener for lunch. The food is the same but the atmosphere is not. A real shame. We used to spend hours there from coffee in the morning through lunch to a drink in the afternoon. Have to find somewhere else now.

Tea at Lipsos last nice. Excellent. Would recommend.

Back to chilling now.

Jo

Offline kalkan4eva

• Kalkander!
    • Share Post
« Reply #8 on: May 19, 2015, 05:41:48 PM »
Talk Beach Club...? Is that Indigo renamned again or a new place?
So pleased the weather is good for you - it can be hit and miss in May. What a shame about Fener - reading other threads on here to say it isn't the same down at the beach and harbour - irrespective of the fire damage.
Sounds like you are having a good time anyway....and why wouldnt you? It's Kalkan :)

Offline Joeyloveskalkan

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
    • Share Post
« Reply #9 on: May 19, 2015, 07:49:20 PM »
That is my phone not liking Yali Beach Club. Sorry.

Offline kalkan4eva

• Kalkander!
    • Share Post
« Reply #10 on: May 19, 2015, 10:49:23 PM »
The curse of predictive text.... :)

Offline Charlie

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 68
    • Share Post
« Reply #11 on: May 20, 2015, 10:11:11 AM »
Spent a few days at Yali Beach club two weeks ago.  Very relaxing, excellent food, all round lovely day out. Looking forward to going back next month.

Offline Lizilu20

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
    • Share Post
« Reply #12 on: May 20, 2015, 11:27:41 AM »
Such a shame about Fener, but we have to accept that things change and evolve whether we like it or not. I think we will feel the loss too though as we spent a lot of time in Fener.  :(

Have you noticed any change in Merkez, as that was supposed to be concentrating less on food if I remember rightly?  ???

Glad you're having a lovely relaxing time and great to see the holiday reports coming along. It's such a treat to log in and see loads of unread posts. The forum seems much more lively now.  :)

Offline kalkan4eva

• Kalkander!
    • Share Post
« Reply #13 on: May 20, 2015, 12:39:02 PM »
Lizilu, you need to catch-up....anyone would think you'd been away somewhere hot  ;) Merkez has changed with a bar area outside now. I have posted a picture in the gallery

Offline samson

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 26
    • Share Post
« Reply #14 on: May 20, 2015, 03:26:26 PM »
Merkez not doing food after 6pm  :(

Offline Bob & Jayne

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 214
    • Share Post
« Reply #15 on: May 20, 2015, 06:51:58 PM »
Lizilu, Merkez looks and sounds great with the new makeover and am sure we will be sampling a drink or two in August  ;D ;D ;D

J

Offline antler

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 48
    • Share Post
« Reply #16 on: May 20, 2015, 08:13:35 PM »
Hope you are having a lovely time Jo - and that the weather is good (we just managed 15C today, here in West Yorks).  Watching out for your updates.....

Antler

Offline Lizilu20

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
    • Share Post
« Reply #17 on: May 21, 2015, 09:32:23 AM »
Gosh I was behind, the times! Too busy in the hot tub with my sparkling rose methinks  ;)  ;D  I've just seen the Merkez pic you posted, thanks, looks different with the bar area where the raised area was but still looks good though. To be honest, we didn't really eat there much (apart from a strange breakfast once) but love to sit there with an ice cold drink and watch the world go by.  8)

Hope you are having a nice holiday Jo.  :)

Offline Chris_S

• Suggest saying Thanks
  • EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 129
  • Personal Text
    • Share Post
« Reply #18 on: May 21, 2015, 10:39:06 AM »
As we're talking Merkez, and food:

Where do people suggest as an alternative (no pun intended)?  I'm thinking of somewhere you can go that's got loads of choice but not the full-blown offerings of most of the other restaurants?  Like Merkez in fact?

If you've been out on a boat all-day, you may need something, but you don't really need the full option or size of meal that you may have the rest of the time.
Please use "Click to Say Thanks' if you enjoy this Post.  ::)

Offline Lizilu20

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
    • Share Post
« Reply #19 on: May 21, 2015, 10:43:37 AM »
Chillies maybe? They have a good choice of smaller portioned traditional kebabs etc.

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal