Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: IN SEASON UPDATES.  (Read 43240 times)

Offline DRBD

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 129
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
  • Resident: No
Re: IN SEASON UPDATES.
« Reply #20 on: April 29, 2015, 05:08:26 PM »
Tyros, yes having been informed by Deniz they hope to open in approx 2 wks, just got his contract yesterday, so pleased for him, he knows that location having been there before, good luck to him.
Age & Treachery will overcome Youth & Skill

Offline MartynE

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 121
  • Living the Kalkan dream? Maybe...
    • Share Post
    • Kalkan Secrets
  • Owner: Yes
« Reply #21 on: April 30, 2015, 07:53:08 AM »
As always, a last minute flurry of activity sees Kalkan transformed.

Last year it was the street paving; everyone complained that it would never be ready in time for the season - but it was, and Kalkan looked better for it.

This year it's the harbour area. Lots of doom and gloom...it's a mess...people will hate it...Kalkan will lose all its regular customers...blah, blah, blah... but now it's the end of April and, low and behold, most of the restaurants in the affected area have found new locations, the area itself is being cleaned up and everyone is finally feeling and sounding more positive.

Why did we ever doubt it?

Offline Babs

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 111
    • Share Post
« Reply #22 on: April 30, 2015, 08:00:39 AM »
Hooray, this time in three weeks we will have woken up to our first morning in Kalkan this year. Hopefully the sun will be shining and Kalkan will be looking it's usual sparkling self!  :laugh:
Does anyone know when the beach gets "ready" for the season? We love to spend time on the town beach so really hope the sun beds and shades will be ready, although I'm not really expecting there to be cushions this year, sadly.

Offline kalkan4eva

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 267
    • Share Post
« Reply #23 on: April 30, 2015, 10:16:31 AM »
Well said, MartynE  :)
I get a bit fed up of the doom mongers but I'm thankful we've not had reams and reams of posts about that other topic that can divide us as members - for the first time in many years ;)
Babs, with regards to the beach, it varies...last year it was very late on - early June before the beds and parasols were out and then cushions appeared in July. We've been there in early May and they've been levelling out the stones with a digger around us. Do let us know when you're there - and for me in particular if the cushions make a return as it will save me some space in my case.
I do think someone mentioned the cushions lived in Kleo so they may be no more... :(
Better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt :)

Offline Lizilu20

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 307
    • Share Post
« Reply #24 on: April 30, 2015, 11:26:58 AM »
Things are looking up, great news  :) :)

Offline Babs

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
    • Share Post
« Reply #25 on: April 30, 2015, 12:52:15 PM »
I shall be very sad if the beach isn't ready.y favourite way to spend a day in Kalkan is on the town beach and fore that definitelyeams a sunbed.......fingers crossed!
As an alternative, should the beach clubs be open in three weeks time?

Offline kalkan4eva

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 267
    • Share Post
« Reply #26 on: April 30, 2015, 01:06:25 PM »
A touch of the Joycie's there, Babs ;D ;D
Palm Beach tends to open mid May - but check their FB Page. Usually they are on there a week or two before letting us know they're getting things ready - with photos. The water is Baltic at Palm this time of year though be warned...and the town beach will be...erm...bracing. But if you just want to sit on "our" sunbed with a cocktail then there'll be nothing to stop you.
I want your holiday to be here quick because that means ours is just around the corner.
The ritual of cases from the loft is happening this weekend :P

Offline DRBD

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
    • Share Post
« Reply #27 on: April 30, 2015, 01:39:28 PM »
We have seen several  people on the beach already sunbathing etc, even some very brave ones swimming.  The beach is looking much better now, more tidy but as of Wednesday no sign of umbrellas.  The boats are back in the water but not exactly running yet, still some work taking place there.

As MartynE states its all coming together around the town for some it just is taking longer than others & of course anything official always takes longer to get sorted out.

One word of advice to anyone coming out within the next couple of weeks if you suffer from such things as hayfeaver would a advise you have your medication handy, the olive trees are in blossom & there is still a lot of dust about due to the building etc not helped by the breezes.

Bank Holiday tomorrow so perhaps a few more visitors for the w/e.   
« Last Edit: May 01, 2015, 02:55:46 PM by DRBD »

Offline Blue Lizard

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 185
    • Share Post
« Reply #28 on: April 30, 2015, 02:20:49 PM »
Ha!! Suitcases are down already!!Someone borrowed our cases and it seems a shame to put it back up in the loft as it's  only 40 days away!! :P
People Of Britain.. When your missus asks "Does my bum look big in this? Never say "Dunno your blocking the light."... just sayin ????

ta ta for now
Lizard

Offline joycie

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 85
    • Share Post
« Reply #29 on: April 30, 2015, 02:31:50 PM »
Last year we had our mattresses from a little shed halfway up the beach. Then the gentleman came down and put the remaining ones on the empty sun beds. This was in September but I presumed it was the same all summer.

Offline Babs

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
    • Share Post
« Reply #30 on: April 30, 2015, 02:55:03 PM »
Whoa......seriously dodgy post on my part earlier due to using phone with ageing eyesight!  :laugh:

Offline joycie

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 85
    • Share Post
« Reply #31 on: April 30, 2015, 03:39:01 PM »
Hey Babs you know what's worried me I read your post without a hitch so perhaps my English language skills are fine and I shall stop rereadingall my posts in future.

Offline Babs

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
    • Share Post
« Reply #32 on: April 30, 2015, 04:04:33 PM »
 ;D ;D ;D

Offline Christina

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 43
    • Share Post
  • Owner: Yes
« Reply #33 on: April 30, 2015, 08:53:05 PM »
The town beach was quite busy this afternoon, with tourists and their families as well as locals. Weather was perfect and the sea like a millpond. Yes the sea was fresh, but much needed in the heat. The only problem was it was almost impossible to relax with the deafening and relentless noise from the building works behind. I called in Gusto where the noise was even worse, and they have been told it will continue until 25th May. Yes, I am happy that progress is at last being made, but puzzled as to why the authorities have left it this late.

Offline Babs

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
    • Share Post
« Reply #34 on: April 30, 2015, 10:26:44 PM »
Oh no......25 may! We arrive on 20 May! Yes I am glad something is being done but when you get one chance to visit each year I can't help but feel apprehensive especially as we are staying in the old town just behind the beach!  :o :o

Offline paula09

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 2
    • Share Post
« Reply #35 on: April 30, 2015, 10:44:08 PM »
Would just lıke to let you all know just had a wonderful meal at Lıpsos Restaurant on the harbour for my bırthday and even though ıt ıs just theır fırst day of openıng and wıth all the commotıon goıng on stıll at the the harbour had a really specıal evenıng.  They really have put hard work ınto thıs restaurant and have revamped ıt and myself and all four ın my part where not dısappoınted by the food whıch was delıcıous and the servıce fırst class.  Defıntely recommend a vısıt food was really good but hey also told us that a top chef ıs comıng ın the next week so we wıll defıntely return ..

Offline Blue Lizard

• Kalkander!
    • Share Post
« Reply #36 on: May 01, 2015, 10:10:57 AM »
Babs!! chin up me dear! if you are arriving on the 20th and they finish on/around the 25th all the noisy stuff will be done ,The diggers etc will be long gone! I would imagine landscaping and tarting up would be taking place by then so only hand tools noise?    don't worry!! ;) :-*

Offline Chris_S

• Suggest saying Thanks
  • EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • Personal Text
    • Share Post
« Reply #37 on: May 01, 2015, 11:11:52 AM »
BL - you're such an optimist!  This is Turkey we're talking about.  Mañana means 'in a couple of months or so' in Turkey, doesn't it?

signed

Pessimist-in-Chief...
Please use "Click to Say Thanks' if you enjoy this Post.  ::)

Offline Blue Lizard

• Kalkander!
    • Share Post
« Reply #38 on: May 01, 2015, 12:26:28 PM »
Ha Ha... me old pumpkin!! my glass is half full not half empty..(except on really hot days when I've got a thirst on)

signed

chiefly pi$$ed ;D
« Last Edit: May 01, 2015, 07:55:42 PM by blue lizard »

Offline Babs

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
    • Share Post
« Reply #39 on: May 01, 2015, 03:26:44 PM »
Cheers Chris!  ??? ??? And thanks BL for jollying me along!  :laugh:

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

xx
Out of Season updates

Started by DRBD on General Discussion

271 Replies
Last post March 24, 2015, 07:37:59 AM
by DRBD
smiley
SEASON'S GREETINGS

Started by Chucky on General Discussion

7 Replies
Last post December 27, 2012, 12:56:06 PM
by kalkan4eva
xx
season start

Started by pattaya on General Discussion

6 Replies
Last post January 15, 2013, 02:00:35 PM
by pattaya
xx
1st Season as Owners

Started by Kalkan Gems on Introduce Yourself

6 Replies
Last post February 27, 2015, 06:13:47 AM
by Haybo

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal