Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: It's sorted! Holiday extended to 3 weeks!  (Read 14776 times)

Offline kalkan4eva

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 267
    • Share Post
Re: It's sorted! Holiday extended to 3 weeks!
« Reply #20 on: April 22, 2015, 02:31:28 PM »
smacked wrists for the speculation BL ;) ;)
You'll be glad to know though that easyJet have now changed the dates in their Spring release to include flights right up to the beginning of July. So for the first time in a long time we were able to book return flights at the first time of asking. Even when we added the extra legroom named seats and 23kg of hold luggage each we are still only paying just over £200 each for our flights. Albeit, I would have to buy my snacks in Boots and watch the Vicar of Dibley on my ipad.
I miss arriving in Kalkan when its still light though :(
Another thing I like about easyJet is that I can also up the weight limit on our hold luggage right up until an hour before we check in - handy when we're at an inpasse on what needs to go because we're over the allowance. I have no idea how to pack sensibly.... :-[  I need Mrs Lizard to show me how its done :-*
Better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt :)

Offline Babs

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 111
    • Share Post
« Reply #21 on: April 23, 2015, 08:08:08 AM »
We always use easyjet from Gatwick and again, touch wood, never have any problems. Handy tip about being able to up the weight limit of hold luggage, I had no idea you could do that, although it's not really a problem for us. Our flights were really reasonably priced this year, less than £800 including luggage, seat reservations for four of us. We arrive at Dalaman in time to get to Kalkan for a last drink before bed and although I don't like the late flight back at least we get most of the day and a lovely long last lunch in Kalkan before we leave.

Offline Chris_S

• Suggest saying Thanks
  • EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 129
  • Personal Text
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
  • Resident: No
« Reply #22 on: April 23, 2015, 10:34:10 AM »
The first issue with EJ was the rubbish booze (described as one thing, and actually something else) in plastic bags - not nice; they compounded this with the luggage.  Outbound weights OK, coming back they insisted it was 3kg over (each!) and had to pay the surcharge (not cheap).  This was the same contents (plus some grime) as we went out with.  Weighed the luggage before and after the flight using reliable scales and were between 1 and 2kgs below weight!  Checked against another set and were below weight.

Scams I can handle - blatant dishonesty stinks and no opportunity to be exploited again is given!  Try raising a complaint and see how far you get!

TC probably make Aeroflot look good..... and their complaints procedure is worse than EJs.

Please use "Click to Say Thanks' if you enjoy this Post.  ::)

Offline Haybo

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 73
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
  • Resident: No
« Reply #23 on: May 09, 2015, 06:59:30 AM »
Well this has been a week of ups and downs! On Wednesday I was offered a fab new job, and on thursday i thought they were going to withdraw the offer because of my 3 week holiday! Talk about stress levels!

Good news is that despite not having the holiday entitlement, all seems to be sorted, and is only 83 days to go!

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

xx
Holiday report - albeit 2 weeks late...

Started by Mrs M! on Holiday Reports and Reviews

14 Replies
Last post August 23, 2012, 09:24:40 PM
by HolmfirthNicky
xx
holiday Report 2 weeks with 10 and 11 year old in Villa

Started by jstjdsunshine on Holiday Reports and Reviews

2 Replies
Last post July 24, 2008, 09:43:00 PM
by Chucky
xx
Sorted

Started by Eljhem on When Are You In Kalkan / Arrange a meet up

0 Replies
Last post October 04, 2011, 09:08:28 PM
by Eljhem
xx
Round 2 All Sorted

Started by Pompeyalbie on General Discussion

3 Replies
Last post August 03, 2012, 06:26:50 PM
by pw

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal