Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: It's sorted! Holiday extended to 3 weeks!  (Read 14832 times)

Offline Haybo

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 73
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
  • Resident: No
It's sorted! Holiday extended to 3 weeks!
« on: April 20, 2015, 06:41:53 PM »
Apartment booked! Flights changed! Dog sorted! 21 blissful August days in Kalkan. Perfect! I'm a lucky girl!

Linkback: https://www.enjoykalkan.com/forum/index.php?topic=12706.0

Offline Kalkan regular

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 80
    • Share Post
  • Owner: Yes
Re: It's sorted! Holiday extended to 3 weeks!
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2015, 06:46:24 PM »
Once you've had 3 weeks you won't go back to 2.......it feels so much longer.

Offline Haybo

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
    • Share Post
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2015, 06:49:19 PM »
Thats what i'm afraid of!

Offline Kalkan regular

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 80
    • Share Post
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2015, 06:59:22 PM »
Yes but think of the money you'll save by not having to change your flights.

Offline Blue Lizard

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 185
    • Share Post
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2015, 07:37:13 PM »
Your Dog will ignore you when you get home! >:D
People Of Britain.. When your missus asks "Does my bum look big in this? Never say "Dunno your blocking the light."... just sayin ????

ta ta for now
Lizard

Offline Bob & Jayne

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 214
    • Share Post
« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2015, 07:42:13 PM »
That is fabulous new Haybo, you must be really happy, and just to let you know if you don't know already it is 101 days to go!not that we're counting! :D :D :D :D

Offline Haybo

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
    • Share Post
« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2015, 09:04:39 PM »
Aaahhhh. When we get sub 100 we can start counting down!  BL it looks as though the dog will be going on his own little holiday with his 'summer family'   Pampered pooch!

Offline kalkan4eva

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 267
    • Share Post
« Reply #7 on: April 20, 2015, 10:15:23 PM »
lucky you, Haybo.
I've been proper counting since I was in the 200+ days zone and now its 47  :). So 101 days will fly by...but as I may have said before it will go really slowly for three weeks in June... :P
Better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt :)

Offline Babs

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 111
    • Share Post
« Reply #8 on: April 21, 2015, 07:47:19 AM »
This three weeks business sounds perfect!m :laugh: we have only managed 10 days at the most for the last few years.....but that's because we are lucky to be able to go to other places during the year. It will take a lot though for me to give up my Kalkan break!

Offline tortoise lady

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 26
    • Share Post
« Reply #9 on: April 21, 2015, 09:29:01 AM »
3 weeks sounds really great Haybo - time to relax between the unpacking and packing at the beginning and end of the holiday!  We are only managing 12 on our coming visit to Kalkan.

I see you have only 47 days until your next Kalkan trip, Kalkan4eva.   It made me do a quick count and it is only 46 for us.  Almost time to get the cases out..............

Offline Lizilu20

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 307
    • Share Post
« Reply #10 on: April 21, 2015, 10:47:49 AM »
Fantastic news Haybo,  :) maybe we can fit in a boat trip now we will be able to spend a bit more time together? I asked my boss if I could have 3 weeks this year and was told that I couldn't but by sneaking in a thursday flight and tagging a bank holiday on the end, we have managed to elongate our 2 weeks to 19 days. Hope I don't get rumbled!  :o  ;) :)

Offline kalkan4eva

• Kalkander!
    • Share Post
« Reply #11 on: April 21, 2015, 03:13:33 PM »
Oh TL, good idea to get the cases down from the loft. I need to have a serious word with myself about what to pack this year...what with 47 "coveralls" taking up most of the room!! I am going to define my capsule wardrobe, I will pack sensibly and I will leave behind anything that went along for the ride the past 3 seasons (there's a few...) *Repeat 100 times*
The thing I like about three weeks is when you get to the end of the fortnight, there's still a week left :) We know we are lucky to have the flexibility to take our holidays when we want as plenty of people are restricted.

Offline joycie

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 85
    • Share Post
« Reply #12 on: April 21, 2015, 03:50:09 PM »
Three weeks is lovely. Always try for three weeks when we're in Kalkan were retired and can normally manage it. Love unpacking and know it's going to be 20 days or so before it has to be stuffed backi in the case.

Offline brian j p

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 46
    • Share Post
« Reply #13 on: April 21, 2015, 04:54:29 PM »
Three weeks sounds good  to me ,   in fact flying out on April 27th for 3 weeks  yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee  haaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Offline macrefield mom

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 11
    • Share Post
« Reply #14 on: April 21, 2015, 05:36:49 PM »
Well blue lizard will empathise with me on this one! We have a lovely apartment in Kalkan, had it for 12 years, planned to spend long spells once we retired......we both have almost done so, however, a beautiful Labrador got in the way of all of this somehow and we cannot bear to leave him! So....we get out for maybe 4 separate weeks only which is crazy considering the flight has been paid regardless of how long we spend and the cost of our stay thereafter is nil!

But...we still love Kalkan and though our visits are brief, we hope that when our boy departs our life, we can enjoy longer spells.  Until then, we will enjoy our walks in the Yorkshire countryside just as much.  Those of you looking forward to your trip, have a fantastic time.....

Offline Haybo

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
    • Share Post
« Reply #15 on: April 21, 2015, 05:43:05 PM »
Yes, the cost of flights.  Jet 2 should be arrested for daylight robbery.  We had booked our 2 week trip a couple of months ago and that was not cheap, especially when youve added on bags, seat bookings etc.  the total uplift for 3 flights to just move 1 week was almost £400. Neither of the flights are full so its not like they are in demand seats.  They now want me to pay to reserve seats again.....i've paid once.......outrageous!

Offline brian j p

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 46
    • Share Post
« Reply #16 on: April 21, 2015, 06:43:11 PM »
Haybo , I sympathise . Last Oct I had to  make some flight date changes  twice ,  and   it cost me more  to make the changes   than the original flights cost ,  on top of that  as we got nearer our flight date , the flight was changed by the airline    and we had to book on another flight (two small planes converged to one larger plane  as seats less than half full on each of the smaller planes ,) , and they made us re book our reserved seating at our own cost as the original seat numbers were now nil and void   

« Last Edit: April 21, 2015, 06:47:00 PM by brian j p »

Offline Chris_S

• Suggest saying Thanks
  • EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 129
  • Personal Text
    • Share Post
« Reply #17 on: April 22, 2015, 10:07:18 AM »
Sounds like a good reason to vote with the wallet and not use them again.

Which is why we NEVER use TC or EasyJet (Ryanair never appears on the 'remotely possible' list!).

Not to say the others are perfect - just the least worse choice!

Caveat: You get what you pay for...
Please use "Click to Say Thanks' if you enjoy this Post.  ::)

Offline kalkan4eva

• Kalkander!
    • Share Post
« Reply #18 on: April 22, 2015, 12:00:57 PM »
To be honest, I've never had a probelm with our easyJet flights to Dalaman from Manchester...I'm touching wood whilst writing this :o.
We've also flown Aegean, Onur, TC, Monarch, Thomson and Jet 2 to Dalaman and by far the best experience we've had is with easyJet. Our easyJet flights are always the cheapest - even after adding luggage and choosing our extra legroom seats - so it doesnt neccessarily follow that you get what you pay for.
Its all about the experience you have with individual airlines and ours for the last five years have been positive with easyJet. Maybe we've just been lucky. I know some people swear by Thomas Cook but after some pretty awful experiences with them I would rather swim there...
All the low cost airlines rack up the costs if you have to make flight changes, but brian j p what your airline is doing is pretty rubbish...I would complain if you havent already

Offline Blue Lizard

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 185
    • Share Post
« Reply #19 on: April 22, 2015, 12:31:34 PM »
In recent years we have flown EJ..no problems but it's a pain only being able to book your outward flight..then having to wait till they release the return flights weeks later  PAH! and double PAH I say!! This year we are flying the flag! BA  roughly same price and an hour earlier take off and return(less of a rush when we get to Kalkan to get some swiftys in before bedtime!) and includes drinks and snacks in price......and I can watch the bloody vicar of Dibley on a screen..or will it be Mr Bean ..followed by feature film "Spiderman" it's so predictable!! oops...I speculated! >:D ;D

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

xx
Holiday report - albeit 2 weeks late...

Started by Mrs M! on Holiday Reports and Reviews

14 Replies
Last post August 23, 2012, 09:24:40 PM
by HolmfirthNicky
xx
holiday Report 2 weeks with 10 and 11 year old in Villa

Started by jstjdsunshine on Holiday Reports and Reviews

2 Replies
Last post July 24, 2008, 09:43:00 PM
by Chucky
xx
Sorted

Started by Eljhem on When Are You In Kalkan / Arrange a meet up

0 Replies
Last post October 04, 2011, 09:08:28 PM
by Eljhem
xx
Round 2 All Sorted

Started by Pompeyalbie on General Discussion

3 Replies
Last post August 03, 2012, 06:26:50 PM
by pw

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal