Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Sheets & Pillowcases  (Read 2931 times)

Offline pattaya

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 14
    • Share Post
  • Owner: Yes
  • Resident: No
Sheets & Pillowcases
« on: February 12, 2015, 05:56:06 PM »
Hi was just wondering if someone could tell me what size Turkish pillows are ? i know that seems a bit odd, but they are not the same as UK, as they don't fit UK brought pillowcases.
Also has any one seen those nice white stripey sheets for sale in kalkan. Need to fetch out a lot my supplies for apartment in April but just wondering what I should buy locally. So far my case is full of cushions, pictures, towels ... fast running out of space.

Linkback: https://www.enjoykalkan.com/forum/index.php?topic=12589.0

Offline Blue Lizard

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 185
    • Share Post
Re: Sheets & Pillowcases
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2015, 06:12:09 PM »
Why not buy towels in Turkey rather than take them they are heavy!..thats where a lot of UK ones come from..(Next..Dunelm mill etc) never thought about pillow size but my mrs hit me with one and nearly knocked me out!! I'd take a trip into Fethiye where you can find things cheaper than Kalkan  ;)
People Of Britain.. When your missus asks "Does my bum look big in this? Never say "Dunno your blocking the light."... just sayin ????

ta ta for now
Lizard

Offline DRBD

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 129
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2015, 08:01:30 PM »
The pillows here of very similar size to that you can get in the UK, my pillow cases brought from the UK fit them although not all pillow cases in the UK are the same size found they vary greatly depending on the make. The stripey sheets I think you may mean can be bought here in Kalkan, together with duvet covers. A make of good quality pillows here is TAC along with other bedding & towels.
Age & Treachery will overcome Youth & Skill

Offline kevincat99

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 39
    • Share Post
  • Resident: Yes
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2015, 08:09:04 PM »
Probably one of the best places to by bedding is Madame Coco's in Fethiye

Great quality at very good prices

Offline pattaya

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 14
    • Share Post
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2015, 09:19:21 PM »
Thanks all ..
I think I will try Fethyie then as i suppose you do have more choice.
As for towels I paid such a lot of money for the ones I brought in turkey, and so annoying to see them all stained after a years rental. Worked out cheaper to buy here and take out.
Roll on April ... :)

Offline Cajaran

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 25
    • Share Post
  • Resident: Yes
« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2015, 11:22:01 PM »
We have bought bedding from the shop just down from the Blue Turtle in Kalkan.  Highly recommended.  The owner is a really nice guy, very good English and if he didn't have what we wanted in stock, he either made it or sourced it for us. 

He has made us fitted sheets in the white stripey material for our oversized mattress and they were perfect in comparison to what we had previously had made for us in Fethiye.  We also had to go back a couple of times to the shop in Fethiye as when we got back to Kalkan items were ill fitting or completely wrong!! 

He is also making pillow cases to match as the pillows that we have are larger than in the UK.  Price-wise, he was also cheaper than Fethiye.

Hope that helps.

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

Kalkan dog

Views: 2971
By: saskia
Bodrum