Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Harbour plans  (Read 76582 times)

Offline brian j p

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 46
    • Share Post
  • Owner: Yes
  • Resident: No
Re: Harbour plans
« Reply #40 on: March 06, 2015, 11:22:10 AM »
I  think it will still  be  a special place once the units are rebuilt, maybe even better . Most in not all eatery establishments will un doubly  be first class  and that location together with the upper levels as per the new  plans should be spectacular , Would be great if original  business owners get a look in  for sure ,  as an example::::  I love Jimmy's and it is my first port of call every holiday , I can just imagine sitting in those chairs on that new top level terrace  with an even better view than before . But if  Jimmy's  does not return  or others  it will not be the end ,  I will still look forward to visiting  the establishments  whom ever ends up running  them  as  a big part of the draw  is  location , location, location . Not withstanding    that  the staff and owners who many have become close friends to  over the years  matters just as much as the location , more so in many cases , but in the end the harbour front is  the harbour front and it will draw the customers in 

Offline DRBD

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 129
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
« Reply #41 on: March 06, 2015, 02:52:56 PM »
Got it in a nutshell brian j p, but the staff will still be your friends wherever they may be. We always liked sitting in Kleo during  summer & winter so we hope that we still get the chance to continue to do that, time will tell.

There is very little that stands still for too long in Kalkan in our experience, some moves take longer than others, saying that, there are just a few places that have been insitu for very many years that we know of.     
Age & Treachery will overcome Youth & Skill

Offline kalkan4eva

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 267
    • Share Post
« Reply #42 on: March 06, 2015, 06:06:55 PM »
Moonlight Bar...? ;D
Better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt :)

Offline Chris S

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 17
    • Share Post
    • Kalkan Secrets
« Reply #43 on: March 30, 2015, 04:40:22 PM »
Following KTLN's report today on the progress (or rather lack of it) down at the site of the recent fire, is it arrogance, complacency or incompetence that leads the authorities to think that people will flock to Kalkan irrespective of what they do or do not do? ??? :(

Offline Babs

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 111
    • Share Post
« Reply #44 on: March 30, 2015, 05:15:46 PM »
Whilst the lack of progress is very sad and I'm sure worrying for the business owners and those who own businesses around the area, I am confident that the area will be smartened up ready for the beginning of the season.......trying to be optimistic here!m ??? I'm sure that those of us who are regular visitors to Kalkan will understand but I'm not sure what new visitors will think of there being such an eyesore if things are smartened up pretty soon!

Offline kalkan4eva

• Kalkander!
    • Share Post
« Reply #45 on: March 30, 2015, 11:45:46 PM »
Its devastating for the business owners and their staff. I hope they will be able to set up somewhere else in the village....although it would be a stretch to squeeze them all in. KTLN will be doing their updates on what's new shortly so fingers crossed some of them do pop up elsewhere. It'll be an eyesore for visitors - whether a regular or first-timers - but this is nothing compared to people's livelihoods. Lets hope work gets underway at the end of the season.

Offline DRBD

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
    • Share Post
« Reply #46 on: March 31, 2015, 07:17:05 AM »
Although frustrating, mainly for the visitors, these people will survive, they always do & there are plenty of places for them to move to albeit not sometimes better locations.  the main concern at this time is the safety of the area & how it is going to be mde safe for all the people of Kalkan & how quickly.  Lets hope the next meeting in Kas brings some answers.   

Offline Babs

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
    • Share Post
« Reply #47 on: March 31, 2015, 08:06:57 AM »
I'm looking forward to hearing who goes where and hoping everyone involved is able to make the most of this coming season. Seems like there is serious potential for "pop ups" particularly around the beach area, someone else said elsewhere that this is just a tiny area of Kalkan and that there are many other restaurants and bars. Very true but the area around the beach is surely prime position.........clearly not people who use the town beach often!

Offline happy days

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 25
    • Share Post
« Reply #48 on: March 31, 2015, 10:03:45 AM »
It does make you wonder about whether a higher priority and quicker resolution would have been achieved if the Mayor was still present in Kalkan rather than Kas?

Offline Christina

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 43
    • Share Post
« Reply #49 on: March 31, 2015, 10:21:04 AM »
I was thinking exactly the same Babs re potential for 'pop-ups' - if the council permits it. It would liven up the place and provide shade, drinks and snacks for beach-goers. I heard also that Fener Cafe and Merkez will not be serving food this year, so there will be fewer places in town to get a late breakfast or lunchtime snack. I'm off to Kalkan later today - meeting up with Bob and Jayne, so we'll be making gallant efforts to try any new places (as well as old favourites) which will no doubt feature in Jane's holiday stories.

Offline Mayday1

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 35
    • Share Post
« Reply #50 on: March 31, 2015, 10:47:43 AM »
It would be good to hear peoples ideas of places,ideal for lunchtime/daytime eating and drinking.

My nomination would be Café Vita,along the Kalamar road.This is a great place for daytime chilling.The views are not the best,but the food and service are fab.

I also like chillies and Foto pizza.These two are great for evening meals as well.

Offline brian j p

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 46
    • Share Post
« Reply #51 on: March 31, 2015, 11:44:00 AM »
Jimmies  serves some  nice breakfasts & lunches ( used to work at kaptan  I believe)   ,  about 500  mtr up Kalama road  , there is about a dozen chairs perched on a steel veranda   with nice views  , great if you do not have the legs to walk to café vita, --   also love Café vita  -fab place.  Apologies if I am going of track regarding post subject
« Last Edit: March 31, 2015, 11:45:36 AM by brian j p »

Offline Holidaylover28

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 0
    • Share Post
« Reply #52 on: March 31, 2015, 11:57:42 AM »
Oh no :( so no food at Fener or Merkez? That's a real shame they both seem to do so well for food.

Offline kalkan4eva

• Kalkander!
    • Share Post
« Reply #53 on: March 31, 2015, 12:08:13 PM »
Holidaylover 28, I'm with you....! We love eating at both places and indeed Merkez has been our first evening meal in Kalkan since we've been coming....a break with tradition will be required this year if that's the case. Not having Mama Mia Chicken on the first night will send me off kilter.....

Offline ScotsinKalkan

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 1
    • Share Post
« Reply #54 on: March 31, 2015, 12:32:50 PM »
Why would Fener and Merkez stop doing food? Its how they make money?

Offline kalkan4eva

• Kalkander!
    • Share Post
« Reply #55 on: March 31, 2015, 12:39:45 PM »
I'm hoping its rumour control.....last year we were told on the forum things like Moonlight Bar would be radically changed (no seating outside because of the new roads...) and Fener would not have its seats and tables down at the harbour..? We'll just have to see when the season gets underway...but fingers are crossed and double crossed.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2015, 02:37:32 PM by kalkan4eva »

Offline Pompeyalbie

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 89
    • Share Post
« Reply #56 on: March 31, 2015, 02:07:53 PM »
Where do I start a petition to keep Fener open? Where am I going to get my brunch? who's got the bottle to tell Janet for me?? Where is Garfield going to live now? We love sitting there watching the harbour movements, it's our favourite spot. I know I read somewhere that one of the staff was moving to run Lipsos and a couple of years ago we were talking to the owner& he was thinking of selling up then, maybe the fire & changes has forced the issue.

Offline Babs

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
    • Share Post
« Reply #57 on: March 31, 2015, 03:16:31 PM »
Pompeyalbie.......just let me know where that petition is and I'll sign it as many times as you like!!!!! No food at Fener???
In recent years our long beach days have revolved around Fener and Kleo.....breakfast at Fener overlooking the boats, lunch at Fener or Kleo and post beach/happy hour cocktails at Kleo to round off a perfect day and to set us up for dinner!
I know things change but.....we have a lovely house in the old town literally meters from the bech booked for 7 weeks time! I really, really hope these are just rumours!  :o :o

Offline Babs

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
    • Share Post
« Reply #58 on: March 31, 2015, 03:23:31 PM »
Happy days, I was thinking exactly the same......apparently it's progress!  ???

Offline DRBD

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
    • Share Post
« Reply #59 on: March 31, 2015, 05:18:04 PM »
Having spoken to Muzzie at Merkez, he stated that there will be food but limited to what they have served before.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2015, 07:21:34 PM by DRBD »

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

xx
Plans for the Harbour

Started by kalkan4eva on General Discussion

8 Replies
Last post February 06, 2014, 08:59:43 AM
by kags
xx
Kas plans dog slaughter

Started by Linda on Other Resorts

56 Replies
Last post October 15, 2009, 10:18:39 AM
by itstime
xx
A Week in October - the plans

Started by antler on Holiday Reports and Reviews

31 Replies
Last post October 09, 2010, 11:55:18 AM
by fitwenchdidyell
xx
harbour

Started by Babs on Restaurants, Bars, Nightlife & Shopping

7 Replies
Last post August 05, 2011, 03:15:39 PM
by Babs

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal