Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: We're here!....  (Read 18842 times)

Offline antler

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 48
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
  • Resident: No
Re: We're here!....
« Reply #20 on: October 14, 2014, 08:18:03 PM »
That was short enough,  thank you Babs!!  (lol).

Well, I didn't know you could go left on Patara and I can imagine just how fabulous it must have been there, at this time of year and the weather you describe...

Reminding me of our sunset there.. Thank You, Babs and enoy!

Offline Haybo

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 73
    • Share Post
« Reply #21 on: October 14, 2014, 11:08:51 PM »
Glad to see you are up to date with the renaming of the restaurants!  This week has been such a dreadful week weather wise that i am pleased to see you are getting good weather....

Offline Babs

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 111
    • Share Post
« Reply #22 on: October 15, 2014, 06:15:32 AM »
Forgot to mention.....there were no embarrassing swimwear incidents resulting in permanent mental scarring for young boys at Patara.......if you've been when it is rough you'll know what I mean! ;D ;D

Offline joycie

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 85
    • Share Post
« Reply #23 on: October 15, 2014, 08:06:53 AM »
Despite all my best intentions I have decided jot to let the curmudgeons get me down. I love reading your holiday reports and I really enjoyed doing my blog. So in ignore mood to all the spoilsports. Thank you for your lovely reports.

Offline Blue Lizard

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 185
    • Share Post
« Reply #24 on: October 15, 2014, 09:11:50 AM »
Left at Patara brings you to a rocky outcrop...worth the climb for the view but it will play havoc with your Flippen Floppen sit up there for an hour you will get as brown as a berry!!..ever noticed when you go well out of the way so you can have privacy, even though there is miles of beach when you wake up you are surrounded by people? ::)
Glad you ignored the miseries on here Joycie!..Kalkan time spent with people like you guys would be far more enjoyable than those that look down there hooters ;)
« Last Edit: October 15, 2014, 09:22:33 AM by blue lizard »
People Of Britain.. When your missus asks "Does my bum look big in this? Never say "Dunno your blocking the light."... just sayin ????

ta ta for now
Lizard

Offline joycie

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
    • Share Post
« Reply #25 on: October 15, 2014, 11:02:24 AM »
yes its great to read all the lovely reports and hopefully to look forward to next years hols. We've had a few unfortunate things happen since we've been back including a family bereavement and life is far too short to dwell on the negatives so loving the lovely reports on my most favourite place in the whole wide world.

Offline kalkan4eva

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 267
    • Share Post
« Reply #26 on: October 15, 2014, 12:06:52 PM »
that's the spirit joycie....dont be put off posting on here. those of us who have been around a while know the forum has its ups and downs but its ultimately what we make it. There's more people on here who love Kalkan than moan about it. Glad your self-imposed exile was short.
How's the weather today, Babs?
Better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt :)

Offline Babs

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
    • Share Post
« Reply #27 on: October 15, 2014, 04:10:01 PM »
Well, speaking of weather, last night was interesting! It was a bit cloudy over the mountains when we set off for a bit of pre dinner shopping.....yes this going going to be a report! :laugh: by the time we got up the stairs to the Fish Terrace we could hear rumbles of thunder and there was some amazing lightning over the bay! We were told to order quickly before the rain! People who had finished eating cleared off pretty quickly and the waiters started to look a bit edgy! At the first big drops of rain one of the waiters climbed on to the roof and brought down huge umbrellas and within a couple of minutes the few table left were costly squished together under the umbrellas so we were able to enjoy a lovely meal and amazing lightning show!
So today was day 2 of spontaneity! Set off in our little car for Kas. Every time we went round a bend our tyres squealed on the road surface mind shiny by a hot summer I imagine. Despite OH driving like an old lady we sounded like extras in a car chase in an episode of Starsky and Crutch!
Have visited Kas a few times and never quite managed to find the old bit of the town, but we did today. I imagine if we hadn't found Kalkan all those years ago we would have loved it. Although it is certainly less "British" than Kalkan and had some lovely shops we found it more expensive and the people don't seem so warm and friendly.
Spent a lovely afternoon at Kaputas beach.....haven't been there since it's been "developed" Found it amusing that the beach is divided into apparently opposing sides, one having a few sun beds and the other lots of mattresses. Found ourselves on the mattress side, much more comfy than a towel on the sand/pebbles! Each side had a little pancake making area so had a delicious lunch.
Screeched our way back to Kalkan watching the sun getting lower over the sea.....just beautiful. Promised ourselves sunset drinks at Kleo tomorrow night.
So Sade tonight.....to be continued.........

Offline Babs

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
    • Share Post
« Reply #28 on: October 15, 2014, 04:11:04 PM »
Ps....good to have you back joycie, sorry to hear things have been tough for you lately

Offline joycie

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
    • Share Post
« Reply #29 on: October 15, 2014, 04:13:55 PM »
Thanks Babs glad you're having a great holiday. I envy you.

Offline Bob & Jayne

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 214
    • Share Post
  • Owner: Yes
« Reply #30 on: October 15, 2014, 04:51:15 PM »
Yes, so good to have you back Joycie and hope things get better for you soon  :D

Babs, we sat for ages on Kapatus beach this summer watching the ladies make those pancakes in the searing heat! they certainly were busy when we were there.  Enjoy Sade this evening and look forward to hearing all about it.

J

Offline antler

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
    • Share Post
« Reply #31 on: October 15, 2014, 09:03:22 PM »
Thanks for the update, Babs!  Lovin' it! Whatever you do...

Here, I can't hear the TV right now, for the rain on the Orangery roof (OK, it's  a conservatory, lol!).

Keep going...

All the best!

Offline Babs

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
    • Share Post
« Reply #32 on: October 16, 2014, 05:07:34 PM »
So Sade.......lovely meal, lovely waiters, great all round. OH surprised me by deciding he'd rather go back there than Mussakka for his birthday tomorrow, so we've booked in.
 Up early as usual this morning so went for a wander down Kalamar Road, stopped and had breakfast at a little cafe/bar called Jonny's, not the best breakfast but came with a lovely view over the bay and a nice breeze.
Got ourselves set up for a day on the beach but it became quite hazy so decided to have a trip to the market.....haven't been for a few years. Nothing changes much apart from the stall holders latest English phrases! Had lovely pancakes there, bizarrely served by a very smart British couple, I imagine ex-pats?
Then back to the beach for a lovely sunny afternoon ending in mojitos at sunset at Kleo.....just bliss, have discovered their mango mojitos......highly recommended!
Not sure where tonight will take us......seem to have got the hang of the being spontaneous nonsense!  :laugh:

Offline kalkan4eva

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 267
    • Share Post
« Reply #33 on: October 16, 2014, 05:15:10 PM »
Sade is one place we havent been to....although its not from lack of trying. since Mussakka moved out...is that 3 seasons ago, we have always tried to get in there to no avail. Sometimes its full and sometmes no greeter...assume this also = full. Note to self: must try harder. Sounds like you're having a lovely time, Babs. Thanks for keeping us posted :)

Offline Babs

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
    • Share Post
« Reply #34 on: October 16, 2014, 05:18:45 PM »
Sade sort of do two sittings, 7.30 and 9.00, 9.00 suits us fine......it's definitely worth waiting for!

Offline helen1

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 3
    • Share Post
« Reply #35 on: October 16, 2014, 05:56:15 PM »
Where is Sade, Babs? I arrive on Saturday and would love to try it. It looks like the weather has been much better than you expected and the forecast for the next few days looks pretty good.

Offline hobbo

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 78
    • Share Post
    • Villa Zeytin Koru
  • Owner: Yes
« Reply #36 on: October 16, 2014, 06:05:29 PM »
Sade is down from the Moonlight bar towards Merkez left hand side above the ATM the stairs are off the side street.
I have a very responsible position...
When anything goes wrong I’m responsible!!

www.villa-in-kalkan.co.uk www.gyrapix.co.uk

Offline antler

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
    • Share Post
« Reply #37 on: October 16, 2014, 06:51:02 PM »
We had some friends just return from Kalkan, first timers, and they had made lots of notes from our conversations last winter. They were in Kalkan for just one week, but ate out all the time - as well as having Chefs At Home for their day of arrival. They were so impressed with SADE, it was the only restaurant they went to twice, and being a big party of family (across 3  generations) on the odd occasion they split up and did their own thing, one group would go to SADE.

Offline helen1

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 3
    • Share Post
« Reply #38 on: October 16, 2014, 07:34:01 PM »
Thank you, I know where you mean......not too far from all my favourite jewellery shops  ;)

Offline Mrs M!

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 11
  • Holiday Junkie!
    • Share Post
« Reply #39 on: October 16, 2014, 07:58:10 PM »
Sade is excellent.  We were lucky enough to go twice when we were there in August having been on our 2 previous visits and it really didn't disappoint, it serves consistently great food and also provides great service.

I love reading all these holiday reports and wish i'd been more organised this year and written one when we were there - I feel a retrospective report may be in order!
Lou :)

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal