Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Didn't we have a lovely day the day we went to........  (Read 3471 times)

Offline Babs

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 111
    • Share Post
Didn't we have a lovely day the day we went to........
« on: October 09, 2014, 08:39:39 AM »
I'm trying to be optimistic that I'll spend my holiday in my preferred position....on a subbed with my kindle in one hand and a drink in the other but being realistic about the weather forecasts (even the BBC have joined in now!) I am thinking we may need to revert to plan B.....except we don't have a plan B!
So folks.....day trips as we may hire a car for a few days.......
We have done a lot of the obvious trips but have never been very far inland, to Fethiye or even looked at the ruins at Patara........
Ideas please!  :laugh:

Linkback: https://www.enjoykalkan.com/forum/index.php?topic=12447.0

Offline kalkan4eva

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 267
    • Share Post
Re: Didn't we have a lovely day the day we went to........
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2014, 04:11:40 PM »
I'd say Patara is a must...the amphitheatre has been excavated with great care and looks brilliant. From there I'd probably nip along to Xanthos too. I'm always amazed to find myself walking on mosaics that must be thousands of years old there.
We quite like a trip to Fethiye - love the old town and the fish market. Its nothing like Kalkan, has more of a town feel to it and shops are plentiful. If you go on a Tuesday, its also market day and whilst very similar to Kalkan its about 10 times the size. The food section is enormous and undercover in case the weather isnt what you hoped for. I have to say the forecast doesnt look too bad on the EK one...?
When we've been in Kalkan, in the rain, I've sat outside under a parasol, wrapped in towels to keep warm, reading. I think it's called Dunkirk spirit :)
NB you've already got Kalkan Typo Disorder and you're not even there yet :-*
Better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt :)

Offline Bob & Jayne

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 214
    • Share Post
  • Owner: Yes
  • Resident: No
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2014, 04:25:09 PM »
Babs hopefully the weather will be fine for you, forecast is always cooler than it actually is! Definitely as K4E says Fethiye, I mentioned before about Mozaik Bahce, great place to eat right in the old town of Fethiye, we have never been to Gocez but we have heard really good reports about it, so may be worth a go! A trip through the mountains and lunch at Bodamye Tepe would be my choice, if you go further in the mountains beware of the unmade roads! Also Kas, people have different opinions on Kas, but we quite like it, although definitely prefer Kalkan  :D :D Wherever you visit, am sure you will have a wonderful holiday, and am sure the sun will be shining for you!  :D

J

Offline Haybo

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 73
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2014, 06:32:14 PM »
Do you think Kalkan Obsessive Disorder (KOD) and Kalkan Typo Disorder (KTD) should be studied for the medical journals? I present myself as a patient for study forthwith!

Offline kalkan4eva

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 267
    • Share Post
« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2014, 09:05:45 PM »
Aah Haybo, you've invented one yourself there....We already have KCD....Kalkan Compulsive Disorder and more recently Kalkan Typo Disorder.  I think a doctor would class the Obsessive and Compulsive as one syndrome....but I'm merely guessing  :-*

Offline Babs

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 111
    • Share Post
« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2014, 10:15:47 PM »
I don't have to be in Kalkan to perfect my use of a strategic typo as you have seen! Many more to come!
We've been to Xanthos many times and love the "shopping mall"! We've also been to Kas a number of times and either we've been to the wrong bit or else we just don't "get it". I think the ruins at Patara are a must and will try Fethiye if we get a dull day.
I'll shout if we need more ideas when we are there  :laugh:

Offline Haybo

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 73
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2014, 05:58:36 AM »
You're right K4E.  KOD and KCD are the same thing! Couldnt find a post with it in! Still volunteering!

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

xx
Lovely Kalkan

Started by Livingproof on Holiday Reports and Reviews

6 Replies
Last post September 13, 2009, 10:35:48 AM
by kalkan4eva
xx
Where are all those lovely photos?

Started by Skunk on Holiday Reports and Reviews

36 Replies
Last post July 27, 2012, 03:17:23 PM
by tortoise lady
xx
Yildiz 1's lovely food !

Started by kalkanaddict on General Discussion

2 Replies
Last post November 11, 2010, 10:24:53 PM
by lorilou
xx
Another Lovely Holiday in Kalkan

Started by cocobarker on Holiday Reports and Reviews

13 Replies
Last post August 20, 2013, 04:12:12 PM
by Charlie

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

Merkez 2015

Views: 2931
By: kalkan4eva
Patara Sunset