Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Turkish Wills  (Read 2745 times)

Offline KislaBlue

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 0
    • Share Post
Turkish Wills
« on: September 20, 2014, 10:25:45 AM »
Hi
Can anyone recommend a lawyer in Kalkan or Kas to draw up wills for myself and my wife?
Has anyone gone through this process recently to give me an idea on cost?
Assume lawyer charges will be cheaper in Kas or in Fethiye. Happy to travel to Fethiye if cost is cheaper.
Everything Legal in Fethiye appears to have been recommended on previous posts.  I have also read conflicting reports as to whether or not a doctors note is required.
Any advice would be appreciated.
KB

Linkback: https://www.enjoykalkan.com/forum/index.php?topic=12396.0

Offline Mayday1

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 35
    • Share Post
  • Owner: Yes
  • Resident: No
Re: Turkish Wills
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2014, 12:03:44 PM »
Hi Kisla Blue,

I have a Turkish will.A kalkan lawyer sorted it,called Kader Gunes.Her contact email address is ....................kdrgns@gmail.com

Her charge was about 600 TL 3 years ago.
You also have to consider notary charges/translation of passport etc costs..which added a further 600 TL,so total cost around 1200 tl.

Well worth the cost !! It is invaluable should the worst happen.

Obtaining a will will involve a trip to the notary office in Kas.The cost may be a little different/cheaper in Fethiye/Kas but  very marginal and for convenience,if you are staying in Kalkan,my advice is go for a Kalkan based Lawyer.

Good luck.

Offline Wendy

• Versatile Villa Asfiya
  • EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 7
  • If you are lucky you can visit our villa!
    • Share Post
    • Kalkan Holidays
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2014, 02:30:24 PM »
What happens if you die without a will?

Offline kalkanbelle

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 31
    • Share Post
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2014, 08:34:05 PM »
If you die without a will everything you own in Turkey goes to the state, at least that is my understanding. 
We have just made our wills and used the very efficient and knowledgeable Kader Gunes based in Kalkan.  We emailed details before we came so the wills could be prepared in advance, passport photos, names and addresses of  benificiaries etc.  The actual process then takes a morning with Kader accompaning you to visit a doctor at the hospital for a certificate of sound mind (no examination or questions involved and the fee was 50 lira per person).  Then going to Kas with her to the notare's office to sign forms which are explained by a translator.  His fee is 100 lira per person.  You are then given certified copies of  your will and the fee for the notare is 900 lira per person.  Kader's fee was 600 per person.  Not cheap but worth it for the peace of mind.

Offline howmad

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 5
    • Share Post
  • Resident: Yes
« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2014, 06:58:53 AM »
Inheritance rules in Turkey are governed by a formula. Most Turkish people do not have a will because it is not usually needed and it can be very expensive and unworkable. For example step children, adopted children or foster children are not recognised under the formula so a costly legal process is needed to prove the will. The best advice I have seen is on www.adviceturkey.org. A Turkish advice centre for foreign citizens. If you only want to read about inheritance, search for,   " fact sheet on inheritance in Turkey"   which will bring up the relevant sheet from the advice centre. It explains it very well and shows the easier route. The state does not take the assets but acts as a guardian until the distribution of assets is agreed.

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

xx
Turkish Wills

Started by David S on General Discussion

2 Replies
Last post October 22, 2012, 01:13:27 PM
by Korderekid
xx
wills

Started by edisrag on General Discussion

2 Replies
Last post September 16, 2008, 03:58:11 PM
by The Engineer
xx
Wills

Started by Dillon on General Discussion

1 Replies
Last post August 26, 2011, 05:07:16 PM
by Chucky
xx
Turkish Delight??? Turkish Bath/Spa answers needed please?

Started by iminei on Places to Visit / Things to Do / Excursions

12 Replies
Last post August 23, 2010, 01:28:15 AM
by iminei

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

Boats in harbour

Views: 3904
By: cer
Rooftops