Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Sally's holiday adventures!  (Read 6707 times)

Offline Sallyjane

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 2
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
  • Resident: No
Sally's holiday adventures!
« on: September 08, 2014, 06:34:41 AM »
Had a great flight out from Stansted and really good transfer with brave tours and before we knew it we were turning the corner into Kalkan .... and the view! I then breathed out we were here and all 4 of us this time for the first week. The only one missing is my eldest and her new husband but hopefully next year they may come too!
After a whizz round the villa which was so much nicer than expected with lots of different seating areas and a lovely roof terrace we walked down to Bread &more being our nearest restaurant and still open we had our first Efes and some mezze perfect start and then toddled back up the hill unpacked and in bed by 1.30.
Day 2 - As usual still awake at 720 so took myself up to the roof where I could see the view in all it's glory and was so beautiful as the sun rose all the different parts started to light up I felt so so happy to be back.
Spent the morning round the pool then wondered into town where son decided to have his haircut and shave in the little shack barbers past the taxi rank whilst we had a wander looked in a few bag shops then had a lovely pomegranate juice in merkez. By now we were getting hungry decided to do some shopping in Yali taxi home with provisions then okbasi takeaway for lunch. Unfortunately my oh tried several times to give him the address of our villa without success so him and Paul walked down and got it making sure we told them for next time.  We ordered 2 medium chicken wraps and 2 medium doner wraps they were huge 1 between us would have been plenty!
Rest of the day we spent relaxing by the pool then out for a first night of our holiday, where to eat had been debated and we had decided to try celik quite a new restaurant with some nice reviews. But unfortunately too busy so booked for the following night then had lovely cocktail in botanik , I had a frozen watermelon daiquiri so delicious  we really loved botanik very chilled out with nice music. We wondered down past Yali and turned and decided to go to Gironda. We love the courtyard bar at Gironda and this being where we first ate 3 years ago we thought would be nice to give it another try. It was a really great evening I had sea bass which was really nice . After the meal we had noticed early that lemon garden had live music and was hoping it was Akan and Martyn so after walking back up the hill we hit the lemon garden it was really busy with no tables but before we knew they found us a nice table and we managed to catch the 2nd half of their act which we all enjoyed. By now I had started to feel like I should not of had that last drink as was a little tipsy and as I started the climb back up the hill to the villa I realised i was quite drunk much to their amusement!! Followed by 4 lovely dogs we were soon back at the villa and as my head hit the pillow I wait straight off it had been a lovely lovely 1st day .... Xx ps sorry about all bad spelling it's early and have a bit of a hangover!! X

Linkback: https://www.enjoykalkan.com/forum/index.php?topic=12370.0

Offline joycie

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 85
    • Share Post
Re: Sally's holiday adventures!
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2014, 06:41:13 AM »
Isn't Kalkan fabulous. I loved your report we nearly we to the lemon garden but it was a step too far.

Offline Babs

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 111
    • Share Post
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2014, 09:06:18 AM »
Lovely ........more reports! Look forward to hearing what happens today sallyjane  :laugh:

Offline kalkanbelle

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 31
    • Share Post
  • Owner: Yes
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2014, 09:39:03 AM »
Great to have another holiday blog!  Thank you Sallyjane keep up the good work!

Offline Lizilu20

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 307
    • Share Post
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2014, 11:21:28 AM »
So glad you decided to treat us to your blog Sallyjane and what a lovely start to the day to discover it this morning.

Welcome to the Kalkan inebriation society - you're in good company  ;D

Offline kalkan4eva

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 267
    • Share Post
« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2014, 01:18:26 PM »
Great first report, sallyjane.
Oh there's no shame in getting a little tipsy - its almost the rules when you are on holiday. You relax and let go and then before you know it one drink has turned into several and your legs are no longer being instructed by your brain. It's allowed :)
Looking forwarded to hearing more about your stay.
Better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt :)

Offline Bob & Jayne

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 214
    • Share Post
« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2014, 03:40:58 PM »
Welcome Sallyjane, and thank you so much for a fab report, and I look forward to hearing about more of your holiday adventures (tipsy or not)! it's allowed when your in Kalkan on holiday  ;D ;D ;D

Jayne

Offline samson

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 26
    • Share Post
« Reply #7 on: September 08, 2014, 03:57:26 PM »
hi. know its been mentioned before but han someone remind me where Botanik is please ???

Offline Blue Lizard

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 185
    • Share Post
« Reply #8 on: September 08, 2014, 04:28:22 PM »
Go past moonlight Bar..And go down road in front of Sofra (behind Jewellers) it's the road Isos kitchen is on..on the opposite side ;)
People Of Britain.. When your missus asks "Does my bum look big in this? Never say "Dunno your blocking the light."... just sayin ????

ta ta for now
Lizard

Offline Haybo

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 73
    • Share Post
« Reply #9 on: September 08, 2014, 05:20:55 PM »
Excellent! A new report to start my day with! Cant wait for next installment!

Offline Alce

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 0
    • Share Post
« Reply #10 on: September 08, 2014, 06:17:09 PM »
Reading with avid interest as I get myself in the mood for next month! I love the blogs on this forum   :D

Offline Mayday1

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 35
    • Share Post
« Reply #11 on: September 08, 2014, 07:05:13 PM »
Hi Alce,

I hope you got the PM I sent you.

Offline Sallyjane

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #12 on: September 09, 2014, 06:45:32 AM »
Thanks everyone for your kind words of encouragement and yes Joycie Kalkan is fabulous I am so enjoying reading your reports to,
Day 3- started the day feeling rather delicate from the night before but happy in the knowledge there was no work for me today just relaxing!!. After a breakfast of fresh figs, yoghurt and honey and some toast it was time for my daughter and I to have the manicure and pedicure we had booked at The Atlantis. We walked over the hill and down again and right turn and we were soon there for our 10am appointment. It was our first time in there and they were all really friendly and nice, the lady who did our nails couldn't speak a word of English though so it was nice to chat to my daughter while with both waited for each other. Two hours later we were done and was really pleased with my new hands and feet! It had been rather cloudy for a couple of hours but the sun was out now which was a bonus! My oh and son had gone to the beach to reserve beds so by 1230 we had joined them. I had never been a fan of the town beach but the cushions make such a difference had a lovely swim and relaxed before having a lovely salad and pide in Kleo. Oh and a small Efes and was feeling so much better!
Another couple of hours dozing, relaxing and swimming and me and my daughter decided to be lazy and get a taxi back to the villa to spend an hour or two by the pool. Grabbed a ice cream from Fenner and in 5 mins we were back round the pool again. Whilst my oh and son decided to stay a bit longer and walk back stopping off for a pint on the way!
Later on in the afternoon we were on the roof terrace relaxing there was some commotion in the villa behind us quite a large family think there youngest had locked them out of their villa. The Mum was shouting please dont Die as her teenage son tried to climb up a stack of teetering chairs! My daughter suddenly remembered she had seen a ladder in the downstairs cupboard so we called over and within 5 mins they were in and very grateful! Good deed done for the day!
We were off to Celik tonight but decided to go back to Fountain bar it was lovely but very quiet in there now not like last year. We then went on to Celik it was a very small roof terrace directly next door to Sade. We all decided to try the Chateaubriand for a treat as my kids had never tried it and think we have only had it once before. It was to die for so yummy and the service in Celik was also excellent the waiter was called Kem and had lived in the Uk before selling turkish barbers equipment so he knew exactly where we came from as had lived quite close!
After Celik the boys wanted to watch the rest of the England game much to daughters annoyance so we went down to the harbour and watched it in yacht point. Also took her along to see the Yildiz boats as we have a trip booked on Yildiz 2 on Wednesday which I am really looking forward to.
We were lazy again I am afraid as my knee was playing up as well and got a cab back lovely end to another lovely day in Kalkan.
Today we are spending it by the pool so will be nice and chilled but I must search out Can can supermarket as I still haven't got my water hammock!! Xx  :) ;)

Offline Mayday1

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 35
    • Share Post
« Reply #13 on: September 09, 2014, 11:09:26 AM »
Lovely report.Great you are having a fab time.We love the Yildiz boats and there is nothing like a fun relaxing day at sea...enjoy and cant wait to hear how the trip went.

holiday lettings http://www.holidaylettings.co.uk/rentals/kalkan/9407

Offline Haybo

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 73
    • Share Post
« Reply #14 on: September 12, 2014, 11:43:48 PM »
Where have you gone? Please keep posting!

Offline Sallyjane

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #15 on: September 13, 2014, 06:07:02 AM »
Sorry not been posting for a few days but have had a lovely first week with the family will give a quick run down.
Tuesday - we spent round the pool but first me and the oh wandered up the Kalamar road in search of Can can and the famous water hammock after a long hot walk we found and I am so glad we did thanks again for the recommendation they are brilliant I love it and have really enjoyed floating around the pool this week and so has my daughter.
We ate in Adam and Eve on Tuesday evening and although it was lovely and Adem is charming I personally had better chicken shish but 10 out of 10 for service and charm.
Wednesday - We went out on yildiz 2 so lovely to see Osman and family again. Luckily for us 6 people didn't show so there were only 10 on the boat and a really nice bunch the 4 of us and 3 other couples. One of which spends half a year out here as owns a villa in kisla so they really made everyone very jealous. But they knew everything about Kalkan so learnt a lot that day. We went left which I was really pleased with so went to frenke bay first then onto Bird island for lunch then went to Kaputas on the way back which was great fun swimming ashore. The food as ever was wonderful and all in all it was a lovely day my youngest hadn't been on it before and she also really enjoyed it. We didn't want too much for dinner well myself and my oh didn't the other two ate as normal so we went to Kaptan down the Kalamar road and shared a pizza and a salad and listened to some live blues music which was ok. I enjoyed it but wouldn't go back as really expensive for what it was.
Thursday - We were having another lazy pool day but decided to start the day with a full English at chillies which everyone enjoyed. We didn't bother with the market this week as kids wanted to relax so was fine with me. That night we went to Asian gate and had Indian bit too hot for me compared to home but made a nice change.
Friday - it was the kids last day but unfortunately my son wasn't feeling too good so didn't feel like a beach club. My daughter wanted to go to Villa Mahal as it was a her last full day. We had a lovely spot and had a really relaxing day with a lovely lunch of courgette fritters followed by a ciabatta sandwich and salad and a couple of glasses of wine. She loved it there although couldn't afford to do it every day it was a nice last day for her shame my son didn't make it. For thee last night we let them choose they decided on Kalamaki which we hadn't been to for a few years but everyone on yildiz recommended highly. Unfortunately we didn't book early enough so 930 was the earliest table but we didn't get seated until 1020 so wasn't impressed! Food was good but could only manage one course as to late for us all! I had the lamb shank which was really good would be nice to try again at a more reasonable time. But what was nice is we bumped into a couple we knew from back home so chatted to them for a while and have a arranged to meet for a drink in Botanik tonight which has worked out greet as our kids leave at 5pm today. We have had a really nice week with them and am now looking forward to 8 days just the two of us which hopefully will be lovely too.  Today we are spending the morning round the pool and then taking our two for a big lunch somewhere before they leave for the airport at 5.  Ps loving your reports Joycie you put me to shame!! Xx

Offline pattaya

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 14
    • Share Post
« Reply #16 on: September 24, 2014, 08:23:35 PM »
Only just seen this thread, great posts Sally thank you for sharing with us all..
And its typical if ever I'm sick on holiday its always the last day.. so not last minute sunbathing  or handbag shopping !
Hope you all had fun.  :)

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

xx
Sally & Jim Spencer

Started by JimandSal on Introduce Yourself

3 Replies
Last post August 17, 2009, 04:07:02 PM
by turkeyfan
xx
Our Adventures in Paradise

Started by Agent Ottoman on Holiday Reports and Reviews

36 Replies
Last post June 14, 2013, 11:58:42 AM
by samson
xx
Joyce's adventures in wonderland

Started by joycie on Holiday Reports and Reviews

133 Replies
Last post September 25, 2014, 06:49:25 PM
by Rachey
thumbup
Holiday is Over

Started by billmccan on Holiday Reports and Reviews

4 Replies
Last post October 07, 2011, 07:22:55 PM
by itstime

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal