Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Easyjet flights  (Read 11135 times)

Offline kalkan4eva

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 267
    • Share Post
Re: Easyjet flights
« Reply #20 on: October 06, 2014, 05:32:40 PM »
Last year for exactly the same time we paid £160 return (for 3 weeks) including extra leg room seats but not luggage. We added that later - 26kg of hold luggage was I think £26 each way (I'm not a capsule wardrobe packer either...)It is less for lighter cases obvs... The easyJet flight times from Manchester are pretty rubbish but we don't travel with cranky kids anymore so it doesnt bother us.
Better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt :)

Offline Lucy Lou

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 8
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
  • Resident: No
« Reply #21 on: October 06, 2014, 09:11:07 PM »
Hi kalkan4eva,

Love your name !  I retired just over 12 months ago & am trying to save money on flights so will hold my nerve & look daily to catch them being released.  But that is a significant difference & not having to stick to precise days or be compos mentis for work on return the times aren't too much of a problem.

Thanks,

LL

Offline kalkan4eva

• Kalkander!
    • Share Post
« Reply #22 on: October 06, 2014, 11:25:26 PM »
Lucky you being retired :)
Also check on here every day as when they are released someone will also post on here. If you buy them the first day, they are much cheaper...as I say we choose our extra leg room seats when we book and add the hold luggage nearer the time. You can add the weight of the case based on your packing skills up to 24hrs before your flight. Good luck :)

Offline alantj

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 26
    • Share Post
  • Owner: Yes
« Reply #23 on: October 07, 2014, 05:23:05 PM »
It probably worth hanging on for a couple of more weeks, most years Easyjets summer flights are released in mid-late October.

We usually manage to get our July return flights from Easyjet at between £90 if we are on the site before 9:30) and £150 (if we don't notice the flights have gone live until lunchtime).

For June they would be a bit cheaper.   

Offline Lucy Lou

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
    • Share Post
« Reply #24 on: October 07, 2014, 08:52:54 PM »
Hi alantj,

Blue Lizard had said earlier in the thread they were released early to mid October so just getting a bit twitchy.  If they're released at a sensible time (9am not middle of the night) and they're such a saving I will continue my patient wait but check daily !

Thanks

Offline kalkanites

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 4
    • Share Post
« Reply #25 on: October 08, 2014, 08:29:16 AM »

Easy jet flights from May until 5th September are now out. Just booked flight to Naples for June and await flights for Dalaman for a September break.

Offline samson

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
    • Share Post
« Reply #26 on: October 08, 2014, 09:23:20 AM »
out for dalaman as well now

Offline Cuddles

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 18
    • Share Post
« Reply #27 on: October 08, 2014, 09:43:56 AM »
Brilliant pricing from LGW if you can go on the right days. £46 on 27 Aug 2015. So glad that I didn't book BA earlier.

MAN flights up too but, a little pricier.

STN super cheap.

Fill one's footwear.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2014, 09:49:14 AM by Cuddles »
There - over there, there are.            To - Going to
Their - belongs to them.                     Too - In addition, Also
They're - Short for they are.

Pedant! me?

Offline alantj

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
    • Share Post
« Reply #28 on: October 08, 2014, 10:57:13 AM »
Thanks very much for posting.

July flights booked all 3 of us return for £245, even better the cheapest days were exactly the ones we wanted.

Regards

Alan

Offline Lizilu20

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 307
    • Share Post
« Reply #29 on: October 08, 2014, 11:56:49 AM »
Just checked for us with easyjet and damn those school holidays!!! - £1795.25 for 4 of us without bags, seats etc in August! Monarch and Thomas Cook coming out a bit cheaper for us. You lot are so lucky getting those bargains. Although I'm sure you've been in our position yourselves at some point. It's awful having to go at the hottest and priciest time of year. Even getting time off work is a hassle when people resent you for always wanting the school holidays, even if they don't need/want them and don't understand the need to book in advance to try to get the flights a little cheaper. :-[

Grrr!!! Rant over and well done with your cheap flights, hopefully we will be in your position someday.  :)

Offline kalkan4eva

• Kalkander!
    • Share Post
« Reply #30 on: October 08, 2014, 12:54:24 PM »
Ours were £150 each (including extra leg rooms seats), travelling on a Sunday, instead of a Monday. £10 cheaper than last year. Result!!! Sorry Lizilu - yes we've done the kid thing and one days soon you will be able to choose when you go. Having said that the last time we brought them to Kalkan they were all adults and we had to come July/August to fit in with our son's fixed holidays :(
Set the countdown App....

Offline Lucy Lou

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
    • Share Post
« Reply #31 on: October 08, 2014, 01:16:27 PM »
Hi All,

I booked before 9am & didn't get as big a bargain as I hoped but £70 cheaper than Monarch.  Better than a poke in the eye with a sharp stick.  :laugh:  I think the problem is going a/ from Manchester b/ still in end of school holidays.  Kalkan4eva you really did get best prices, lucky you.  What time are they actually released out of curiosity ?  The past few evenings I've looked off & on through till midnight or later depending on when I've gone to bed.  Last night I didn't bother after 8pm  ???

But all sorted for next June.  Can you get the countdown app for Blackberry ?

LL  ;D

Offline kalkan4eva

• Kalkander!
    • Share Post
« Reply #32 on: October 08, 2014, 01:31:07 PM »
Lucy Lou, I've been in back to back meetings all morning and when I checked my phone at around 12.30 I saw I had an email from easyJet saying the flights had been released. Sat in my car and booked them there and then. Second website I visited was EK to let everyone know but the news was already out, so just posted what we booked. We are travelling from Manchester on Sunday 7th June and returning on Sunday 28th June, no luggage added yet. Not sure if you've booked seats and luggage which would make your seats more of a bargain :)

Offline msr

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 10
    • Share Post
« Reply #33 on: October 08, 2014, 02:22:58 PM »
We booked at 7.00am this morning, after checking the website daily every few hours. Got flights to Dalaman and back from Stansted for £112 pounds each. We only take hand luggage so have no worries about hold baggage. We also booked 24th August for £27.99 each only one way though as anything after 5th September has not yet been released. We will still have to be eagle eyed as to when the next batch are released as the last time we did it in two bits we booked the return late and got hammered.

I feel for all the summer school holiday people, we paid those extortionate prices for years, when the boys were at school and then as I was a teacher we were still stuck with holiday times. However now retired we are reaping the benefits.

The spring bank holiday always seems one of the most expensive, I looked out of interest and the flights were hovering around £500 mark!!

Offline Tatilde

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 11
    • Share Post
« Reply #34 on: October 08, 2014, 02:56:06 PM »
Arrived in Kalkan about 45 minutes ago. Why did they choose today to release their flights!
April flight out already booked, so I've booked Stansted in July and out to Dalaman again in August.  Probably cost more than first thing this morning, but never mind.

Offline Bob & Jayne

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 214
    • Share Post
« Reply #35 on: October 08, 2014, 08:22:02 PM »
We too have to go in peak season because of work, but got excited at £125 going out at the end of July, but the return journey one way on 31st August is £414! each!!! never mind, we will keep looking  ::) ::) ::), but happy for you all that have managed to get a cheap deal  :D

Lizzie, maybe we could go via Rhodes as slightly cheaper, but only just, we had actually been looking at that route too, and then a ferry from Rhodes to Fethiye!  8)
« Last Edit: October 08, 2014, 08:28:30 PM by Bob & Jayne »

Offline Lucy Lou

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
    • Share Post
« Reply #36 on: October 08, 2014, 09:21:44 PM »
Kalkan4eva,

23kgs luggage, no seats as I'm a solo traveller.  It is a very good price, only once by fluke got a relatively last minute left over flight from Jewel in the Crown at £199 but last couple of flights have been over £300  And that's foregoing the reasonable times I used to insist on and avoid school holidays like the plague !  In fact it seems there are fewer & fewer 'nice' times by any carrier from Manchester.  I think I got greedy after reading that people got RETURN flights at £50.

If I didn't want to go specifically to Kalkan and in a hotel I really like I'm sure I could get better bargains i.e., take pot luck about where to go and/or where to stay.  Which used to be my theory of how I'd make the most of retirement freedom but I'm too fussy - about lots of things apparently  ;D my closest friends seem to think.

Lucy Lou

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

xx
easyjet flights every day

Started by onelove on Flights and Travel

3 Replies
Last post April 25, 2009, 08:51:28 AM
by felicity
xx
EasyJet flights

Started by Tatilde on Flights and Travel

3 Replies
Last post December 05, 2014, 06:42:03 PM
by Lola1
xx
New Flights with Easyjet

Started by Baggers on General Discussion

1 Replies
Last post January 29, 2010, 03:01:21 PM
by jofoss
xx
Easyjet flights

Started by Gelin on General Discussion

4 Replies
Last post September 19, 2019, 06:29:53 AM
by alantj

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

Iso's

Views: 2558
By: pw
EK 70s Night