Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Haybo's holiday day 14  (Read 4706 times)

Offline Haybo

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 73
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
  • Resident: No
Haybo's holiday day 14
« on: August 09, 2014, 04:40:32 PM »
 :'(

So, as you saw from my last report, I was up and about early....depending as much time outside as possible! I felt very emotional first thing! Kalkan us the news DisneyWorld to me...the happiest place on earth! Everyone is so kind and considerate and nothing is too much to ask. Genuine acts of kindness seem to be carried out everywhere, and the spirit of 'family' is heartwarming.

We spent the morning in he pool, planning to get out at 11 to get the pool towels in the washing machine, then use our Turkish towels.  We were due to be out if the apartment at 12. At about 10:30 I went to ask Aytac , the property manager to check what time we were being picked up and she offered us a different apartment for the day! Another act of kindness!

At this news, family Haybo sprang into action and got out of apartment 1 quick smart and into the new one before she changed her mind!

We hit the pool again for a while, then went of to Ata Mezze grill for our final lunch.  We had courgette fritters and veal sausage starters to share, Dave had Ata special kebab, Matthew had Black Sea pide, and I had a chicken sandwich, with chips to share, 2 homemade lemonades, water, a sprite and it came to 99tl.  Bargain.  We had got to know the guys well last year and had gone there on our first night this year but hadn't been that impressed so hadn't gone back BIG MISTAKE...HUGE! They food was wonderful...if we had had the food we ate yesterday we would have been back every day!  They gave Matthew a complimentary ice cream and we has apple tea, so we left with a warm feeling about the place.

We decided to change a bit more money to cover us at the airport and decided to use the ATM at Is bank....Dave duly posted in the first £20 and it kept it saying here was a technical error and couldn't complete the transaction so into the bank we trotted trying to explain what had happened. To our amazement they just went over to open the back of the machine in the middle of the day! Admittedly they do have a guard with a gun, but wow! It took about 40 minutes for them to do all the necessary checks to give us the money back, so we left Dave to it!

Back in the pool til about 16:45 then a quick shower and said our goodbyes and left at about 17:25. We were all pretty quiet in the car to the airport.

Dalaman was pretty busy, but our plane pushed back bang on time and we landed at 23:45 UK time.  There was a delay getting off the plane as there was a passenger that had taken ill and the paramedics had to come on, but once on the move it was pretty up eventful and we were home by 1:20.

All good at home, a very good friend had been in and left us bread , milk, chocolate digestives, apple juice and a bar of chocolate! Nice!

Straight to bed for us...Shirley...you will be pleased to hear that I was still up early!  Washer on, dog collected ( he hasn't been more than 2 ft from me since we got back), shopping done. Dave has Already hung the pictures we bought and we are considering where best to hang the beautiful plate/bowl we bought in Akin......

Thank you to everyone that has read my posts and taken the time to reply! Also thanks to Bob and Jayne, Christina, Chris the spark and Kalkan Regular for making themselves known and embracing us into the kalkan family.

Gule gule!

Linkback: https://www.enjoykalkan.com/forum/index.php?topic=12305.0

Offline Bob & Jayne

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 214
    • Share Post
  • Owner: Yes
Re: Haybo's holiday day 14
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2014, 05:42:27 AM »
Haybo, such a lovely going home post. So glad you had a fabulous holiday, and look forward to hopefully seeing you next year in our little bit of Paradise! 

B&J

Offline Lizilu20

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 307
    • Share Post
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2014, 07:37:49 AM »
Glad you arrived home safe and sound. Thanks for your lovely reports and maybe we will see you next year?  :)

Offline Haybo

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
    • Share Post
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2014, 07:47:16 AM »
Lizzie - hopefully we will be there 31 july to 14 august. Will know exact dates later this week!

Offline kalkan4eva

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 267
    • Share Post
« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2014, 10:02:54 AM »
Thanks for taking the time to post, Haybo. Really enjoyed reading your blogs - were you staying at Emir?
Love it too that you are already planning for next year....!
Better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt :)

Offline Haybo

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
    • Share Post
« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2014, 10:04:10 PM »
Yes, we were in Emir.  We think it is nicely located, although with my gimpy leg, the hill was a bit of an ask! We are planning to return again next year...unless I win big on the lottery, then a swanky villa might be on the cards!  :)

Offline kalkan4eva

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 267
    • Share Post
« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2014, 01:22:43 PM »
Wondered if Aytak and her husband had moved elsewhere. Good to know :)

Offline Mayday1

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 35
    • Share Post
« Reply #7 on: August 11, 2014, 03:48:48 PM »
Hi Haybo,

I have left a PM for you.Thanks.

Offline Kalkan regular

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 80
    • Share Post
« Reply #8 on: August 11, 2014, 10:05:43 PM »
The dates for next year are fine and we can look forward to haybo's 2015 blog starting on 31 July.

Offline Bob & Jayne

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
    • Share Post
« Reply #9 on: August 12, 2014, 05:47:28 AM »
Brilliant news Haybo, can't wait for 2015, but meanwhile will be waving on that webcam at the weekend, will sort out timings nearer the weekend!

Jx

Offline Haybo

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
    • Share Post
« Reply #10 on: August 12, 2014, 05:54:39 AM »
 :) :) :)Thanks Kalkan Regular.  Will sort out deposit etc.   :) :) :)

Offline clara 50

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 27
    • Share Post
« Reply #11 on: August 12, 2014, 11:02:02 AM »
Lovely heartwarming posts haybo, will miss my daily fix. Almost filled up myself when reading your last going home post. Ì'm terrible on going home day, so near to tears all morning, have been known to shed a few secret ones in the loo after saying goodbyes. Lots of deep breathing required, hate leaving our resident cats and dog, even OH has a choked voice too. Oh dreading that day already and haven't even gone yet, pathetic isn't it. Well thanks again for entertaining me and looking forward to next years. Cheers.

Offline Haybo

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
    • Share Post
« Reply #12 on: August 12, 2014, 09:46:56 PM »
Clara 50....just before we left the uk I sad " I don't think I want to go" to which hubby and son almost fainted......when asked why , I said " because if I don't go, I won't have to leave kalkan again and so I won't feel sad!"

What the heck was that about! Glad I did go tho as I got to meet bob And Jayne, Christina and chris the spark and his wife...and now lots of lovely folks are messaging me about their villas etc.  this is the loveliest forum I have ever been on!

Offline clara 50

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 27
    • Share Post
« Reply #13 on: August 12, 2014, 10:24:08 PM »
Quite right this is a great forum, it's a cheerful way to pass the time and remember Kalkan. It's also given me a good giggle at the many antics of some of the members on here. You know who you are  ;)

Offline Bob & Jayne

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
    • Share Post
« Reply #14 on: August 13, 2014, 06:23:07 AM »
So glad you did go Haybo, we got to meet you Dave and Matthew too  :D :D

Clara50 - Antics, what antics!!! lol

I certainly am going to miss doing my morning blog when I get home  ??? ???

Jx

Offline Babs

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 111
    • Share Post
« Reply #15 on: August 13, 2014, 07:11:56 AM »
You can still do it Shirley.....no one will mind one little bit! :laugh:

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

xx
Haybo's holiday Day 1

Started by Haybo on Holiday Reports and Reviews

7 Replies
Last post July 27, 2014, 09:29:12 PM
by kalkan4eva
xx
Haybo's holiday -day 2

10 Replies
Last post July 29, 2014, 01:50:58 PM
by Lizilu20
xx
Haybo's holiday - days 3&4

2 Replies
Last post July 30, 2014, 05:34:15 PM
by Babs
xx
Haybo's holiday days 10&11

3 Replies
Last post August 06, 2014, 01:48:21 PM
by kalkan4eva

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal