Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Hay o's holiday days 12 &13  (Read 1594 times)

Offline Haybo

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 73
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
  • Resident: No
Hay o's holiday days 12 &13
« on: August 08, 2014, 04:51:27 AM »
It is 6:25 am and I am sitting on the terrace for the last sunrise of this holiday...I am trying hard no to cry...but you all know what effect this place has on you!

Day 12- we felt it was time to head back to a beach club, and we have found a spot at kalkan beach that we love, so decided to head there......we were thrilled to see a turtle on our journey over.  We had another relaxing day before heading back to town to get ready to meet Bob and Jayne for a meal at Adam's...what a lovely evening that was! The food, view and company were wonderful, but boy was it hot! I don't think it helped that our meals were all either in sizzling plates, or still on fire when they arrive at the table!   When we dropped our companions off at their hotel, it was still 30 degrees.

Day 13 - Oh, what plans we had, but kalkan took over! Up early to the market...too early as it turned out, as many of the stalls weren't yet set up, so quick detour into cafe ev for breakfast, Nd then into the thick of it.  We bought a picture last week and I wanted another to go with it, the boys wanted warm tops for the plane (wimps) M wanted DVD,s and we wanted a couple of the the towels because we can't keep our room until departure time, so have in access to towels later. Thankfully 2 of our fellow guests have offered us the use of this apartments, so we may divide and conquer later! At way, back to day 13..... By the time we got back from the market, we were so hot that schlepping to a beach club seemed a step too far!
Then - would you believe it...almost total cloud cover came in... It remained for a couple of hours before a break.  We did some packing, and then headed into town to have a final chat with the guy in the opticians as hubby is going to help him get parts for his motorcycle in the UK, I went on a speculative bag shopping trip, and a chat with Cafe Leon! then on to Mussakka for our final meal.  Very nice - I had the Parmesan chicken, M had the surf and turf, and hubby has moussaka. No desserts. 

We then headed up to the lovely Akin glass shop where we bought a lovely plate and new numbers for our hours.  In there, I bumped into our head of internal audit.."expect my expenses will be under review now! We had a chat with him and expect we will have a kalkan chat over nasty coffee at work!

We then walked back to Fener for an ice cream, some baklava and a final drink before heading back up the hill for the last time.

As today is "going home day" I plan to be on a sunbed until about 11, then in to pack up, back on sunbed til about 2' head off for a late lunch, back up here for 4:30 for a wash and quick change into traveling clobber.. Then in the car to the airport.....  Final review tomorrow hopefully from Sutton Coldfield, with my lovely doggy doing his best to ignore me!

Linkback: https://www.enjoykalkan.com/forum/index.php?topic=12303.0

Offline Bob & Jayne

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 214
    • Share Post
  • Owner: Yes
Re: Hay o's holiday days 12 &13
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2014, 06:01:48 AM »
What a lovely report Haybo. Your day yesterday sounded fabulous. Enjoy today and we hope to see you in Kalkan next year. Safe journey home. X

Offline Lizilu20

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 307
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2014, 11:10:14 AM »
Hope you enjoy your last day Haybo and family and a safe journey home to you all.

Thanks for taking the time to post and maybe see you next year.  :)

Offline kalkan4eva

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 267
    • Share Post
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2014, 11:34:48 AM »
thanks for taking the trouble to post - for us poor sods back home in UK its like manna from heaven.
So pleased you had a good holiday, enjoy your last few hours in paradise.
PS Clouds in August - what's that all about...? :-\
Better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt :)

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

xx
Haybo's holiday- days 7,8 & 9

Started by Haybo on Holiday Reports and Reviews

5 Replies
Last post August 04, 2014, 02:34:05 PM
by Haybo
xx
Haybo's holiday - days 3&4

2 Replies
Last post July 30, 2014, 05:34:15 PM
by Babs
xx
Haybo's holiday days 10&11

3 Replies
Last post August 06, 2014, 01:48:21 PM
by kalkan4eva
xx
Haybo's holiday - days 5 & 6

4 Replies
Last post August 01, 2014, 02:10:32 PM
by itstime

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

In full Flower

Views: 3954
By: Buster
Our Caretaker