Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Haybo's holiday- days 7,8 & 9  (Read 1969 times)

Offline Haybo

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 73
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
  • Resident: No
Haybo's holiday- days 7,8 & 9
« on: August 04, 2014, 06:12:34 AM »
So, day 7.. A week gone already? Boo!

Friday turned into a day by the pool, chasing pool toys around as it was sooooooo windy and cloudy! We were booked onto Yildiz 2 for the evening BBQ trip and were worried that there would be no sunset to see and worse of all, no stars!  A family who joined the trip had been out on a different boat all day and said the weather conditions were horrendous.

Still, we set of and thankfully the skies were clear out by Mouse/Snake and the sunset was lovely.  We were able to swim here and it was warm. We headed into a bay for a lovely BBQ tea and a few folks including our son swam in the darkness....because it was windy I had got cold so didn't fancy getting wet again. The night skies were AMAZING and I lost count of shooting stars.  It is an emotional experience!  Back home for around midnight and a warming coffee!

Day 8 - Kalkan beach club again. Lots of relaxing, then down to Fener for the EK meet. What a lovely crowd..so much fun and so welcoming. I think between them they may have sealed the deal on Year 3 for us in Kalkan! (Yay!). Finished off with a steak in Alternatif.... Amazing.

Day 9 - meis island. Got collected at 8:30 -12 yr old not impressed! What a quaint place! We spoke with a captain who said he could take us to the Blue caves in an hour, so we took up residence at a harbour side cafe and soaked up the atmosphere.  We were joined in the tiny boat by a Moroccan family who were all taking a thousand photos a second! On the way out to the caves, the captain didn't see some people in the water and there was a terrible, terrible moment where we thought we had hit them. Thankfully we didn't but there was a lot of shouting and the captain was really shaken up.

The caves were fantastic, but all of the time I was worried about getting back into that tiny boat.  I was very pleased with myself that I managed to climb the ladder, but on the last rung, I felt my tight calf muscle pop and I fell back into the water! Thankfully hubby was still in the water and could help push me out..... Back to the harbour where we sat holding ice to my leg, eating mini shrimp! Hobbled around for the afternoon, spoke to lots of Australians, then hobbled home for tea at gurus place, where hubby did the cookery course .

Lovely rustic place, with gorgeous food.  Give it a try. Hüseyin and his family are wonderful.

Think day 10 will be a leg resting day....what a shame!

Linkback: https://www.enjoykalkan.com/forum/index.php?topic=12297.0

Offline Haybo

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
    • Share Post
Re: Haybo's holiday- days 7,8 & 9
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2014, 06:19:41 AM »
Me again....forgot to add that we saw a sea turtle in Meis harbour. So graceful! Very happy son.

Offline Bob & Jayne

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 214
    • Share Post
  • Owner: Yes
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2014, 06:39:33 AM »
Haybo we had those brown shrimps too last year on Meis, fab aren't they? We hope your leg gets better soon and doesn't spoil the rest of your holiday.

J&B

Offline Lizilu20

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 307
    • Share Post
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2014, 12:20:05 PM »
Hope your leg feels better soon Haybo, I bet that's so painful  :(

Meis sounds lovely - scary about the near miss though!

Another item on our to do list but not sure if we will manage it this year, so a good excuse to come again and again and again ha ha  :)

Offline kalkan4eva

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 267
    • Share Post
« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2014, 12:39:45 PM »
Oh dear Haybo - hope the leg gets better soon. A damaged calf muscle is not the thing to have in kalkan :(
Its a lovely day out to Meis, and July is Australia month so lots of them in residence in their family homes passed down through generations. I agree, Gurus is really nice for a meal - it often gets overlooked as Adam's is next door. Is Huseyin still serving the local wines..? They were really nice last time we went - must be three years or more though :(
When you say Kalkan Beach Club is that Indigo at the harbour or Kalkan Park Beach Club? We've not been to either for a while and would be interested in an update - especially on the noise from the creche/children's centre at Kalkan Park - wonder if you can actually hear it down at the club itself.
Thanks for posting, really enjoying your blogs :)
Better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt :)

Offline Haybo

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
    • Share Post
« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2014, 02:34:05 PM »
Thank you all - my legs loads better today . Resting it until Doy Doy later!

k4e - I mean beach park. No unwelcome noises from crèche! We like it over there.

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

xx
Haybo's holiday - days 3&4

Started by Haybo on Holiday Reports and Reviews

2 Replies
Last post July 30, 2014, 05:34:15 PM
by Babs
xx
Haybo's holiday - days 5 & 6

4 Replies
Last post August 01, 2014, 02:10:32 PM
by itstime
xx
Haybo's holiday days 10&11

3 Replies
Last post August 06, 2014, 01:48:21 PM
by kalkan4eva
xx
Haybo's holiday Day 1

7 Replies
Last post July 27, 2014, 09:29:12 PM
by kalkan4eva

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

Gocek

Views: 3542
By: jofoss
Coastal Road