Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Haybo's holiday - days 3&4  (Read 1901 times)

Offline Haybo

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 73
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
  • Resident: No
Haybo's holiday - days 3&4
« on: July 30, 2014, 06:00:41 AM »
Morning all, it's another glorious day in paradise! I think the temps have been a bit lower than they were last year, but the humidity is much higher.

Day 3- after the excitement of the visit on Sunday, it was clear that our son had caught a bit on his shoulders so we decided to abandon plans for a beach park and have a quiet day where he could get some shade.  Hubby walked down to the harbour to pay for the boat trip and then went to the gym whilst me snaps the boy did some shooing at the bakers, grocers and Yali.

In the afternoon, hubby went shopping himself to put to use his news skills from the cookery course! He bought the ingredients to make cheese boreks and a meat borek with lamb, figs, bulgar wheat, apricots, onions and garlic ...they were yummy.  We also had some doner meat from Ali baba's and a salad made by me! 

day 4 - a fab day on Yildiz3. Need I say more - the food was great, the company was good and the waters were warm.. Skin as soft as a babies..... Following a mud bath!

Struggled up to cafe Leon for an iced mocha before shuffling home for a quiet night in!

Hubby has now got a bit too much sun, so who knows what day 5 will bring......definitely dinner at the small house! Can't wait!

Ps sun glasses collected and going well....varifocals pick up on Friday...I do hope this works out well.

Linkback: https://www.enjoykalkan.com/forum/index.php?topic=12292.0

Offline kalkan4eva

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 267
    • Share Post
Re: Haybo's holiday - days 3&4
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2014, 10:26:43 AM »
thanks for posting Haybo.
Looking at the weather reports, it does look cooler than normal for July/Aug....it was definitely hotter in June! Make the most of it :)
You really catch the sun on a boat trip don't you...? We always leave it till we are at the end of our stay so we dont get burnt and the mud bath really helps with peeling skin.
Your hubby sound like he'd give Antler a run for his money in terms of cookery skills - lovely that you can benefit from his course - which I'm really glad he was able to do after all  :)
Look forward to hearing more about your trip.
Better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt :)

Offline Babs

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 111
    • Share Post
Re: Haybo's holiday - days 3&4
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2014, 05:34:15 PM »
The cooking sounds amazing...... :laugh:

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

xx
Haybo's holiday days 10&11

Started by Haybo on Holiday Reports and Reviews

3 Replies
Last post August 06, 2014, 01:48:21 PM
by kalkan4eva
xx
Haybo's holiday - days 5 & 6

4 Replies
Last post August 01, 2014, 02:10:32 PM
by itstime
xx
Haybo's holiday- days 7,8 & 9

5 Replies
Last post August 04, 2014, 02:34:05 PM
by Haybo
xx
Haybo's holiday -day 2

10 Replies
Last post July 29, 2014, 01:50:58 PM
by Lizilu20

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

Daphne''s

Views: 4346
By: misty
harbour4