Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Haybo's holiday Day 1  (Read 3242 times)

Offline Haybo

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 73
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
  • Resident: No
Haybo's holiday Day 1
« on: July 26, 2014, 04:21:41 PM »
Travelling day was full of stress and excitement in equal measure. To top off an aborted take off due to a door still bring open, we were then driven to Kalkan by Lewis Hamiltons  long lost cousin who I saw hit speeds of 160km per hour on the trip down from Dalaman!

Regardless, it was wonderful to see the twinkly lights if the town as we took the corner down to our apt  at breakneck speed! Hugs for the management team, down to Is bank to change some cash then off to get some tea! Efes 10 lira for a large. Great first meal in Ata Mezze grill. 2 efes, 2 sprites, water, mixed Mezze, iskander kebab, lamb stir fry, and meatballs in mushroom sauce 140 t lira.

Today we have been into the old town, ordered some new specs ( we know how to live). Drinks at Cafe Leon , shopping at Yali then an afternoon by the pool.  Saw some lovely shoes and handbags..... Where will we end up for tea today?

Linkback: https://www.enjoykalkan.com/forum/index.php?topic=12282.0

Offline kalkan4eva

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 267
    • Share Post
Re: Haybo's holiday Day 1
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2014, 06:44:25 PM »
Hey Haybo, glad you have arrived safe and sound - albeit with some trepidation. Have a fabulous stay, and keep us posted if you can :)
Better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt :)

Offline Rachey

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 10
    • Share Post
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2014, 08:17:27 PM »
Have a fabulous time Haybo and keep the blogs coming!

Offline Bob & Jayne

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 214
    • Share Post
  • Owner: Yes
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2014, 04:46:55 AM »
Thanks for posting your report Haybo, yes definitely keep them coming, one more sleep for us! can't wait.  Only 4.45am here, but not bothered I am wide awake as will be on holiday from tomorrow.  Sorry to hear about your aborted take off, sounds rather scary, but so glad you arrived safely and had what sounds like it a lovely first day in Kalkan! Off thread a tad, hope the mozzies are quiet, because I was bitten alive in our garden last night! so not a good start to our holiday!

J

Offline Haybo

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 73
    • Share Post
« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2014, 05:45:40 AM »
Bob and Jane - no evidence of mozzies yet!  Forgot to say - saw something yesterday that we hadn't seen before...clouds!

Quick responses needed....got some friends visiting today and have booked a table at Adadna okabasi cos I thought I'd read good things...been on trip advisor this morning and it doesn't  get great write ups....any thoughts!

Offline Mayday1

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 35
    • Share Post
« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2014, 11:18:55 AM »
Hi Haybo,

Thanks for day 1 report...really good and looking forward to day 2.

I believe Hunkar Okabasi is very good. Oz adana has moved from the top of Kalkan ( no liquor license ) to the middle of town..............Is there a restaurant called adana okabasi,a mixture of the two ?

Offline Kalkan regular

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 80
    • Share Post
« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2014, 01:11:59 PM »
Adana Okabashi changed hands over the winter and no longer belongs to Bulent who ran a good restaurant and although the food was still good in May the service wasn't.

Offline kalkan4eva

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 267
    • Share Post
« Reply #7 on: July 27, 2014, 09:29:12 PM »
Oz Adana and Adana Okabashi are two different places.
Oz Adana used to be where Adana Okabashi are situated now but had to move to the top of the town near the D400 a few years back. They have returned to a more central position, near the roundabout at the school and we can highly recommend them. Still no alcohol licence but I think you can take you own. We've never been to Adana Okabashi so can't comment on that.

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

xx
Haybo's holiday day 14

Started by Haybo on Holiday Reports and Reviews

15 Replies
Last post August 13, 2014, 07:11:56 AM
by Babs
xx
Haybo's holiday -day 2

10 Replies
Last post July 29, 2014, 01:50:58 PM
by Lizilu20
xx
Haybo's holiday - days 5 & 6

4 Replies
Last post August 01, 2014, 02:10:32 PM
by itstime
xx
Haybo's holiday- days 7,8 & 9

5 Replies
Last post August 04, 2014, 02:34:05 PM
by Haybo

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal