Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Likia Pavillion  (Read 5555 times)

Offline One sheet

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 8
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
  • Resident: No
Likia Pavillion
« on: June 18, 2014, 09:30:12 AM »
It is I, One Sheet.

Why I wait for the worlds slowest kettle to boil, I'd like to give a big thumbs up to the Likia Pavillion restaurant. Our party of 4 was greeted upon entrance and shown to a nice seated area for pre-meal drinks. The menu, in the form of a iPad type tablet, contained an extensive mouth watering selection of fine food. The food and service was first class and the staff were attentive and nothing was too much trouble. The bill at the end? - very reasonable considering the quality of the food, service and the fine sea view. 10/10.   ;)

Linkback: https://www.enjoykalkan.com/forum/index.php?topic=12184.0
« Last Edit: June 18, 2014, 09:35:42 AM by One sheet »

Offline Chris_S

• Suggest saying Thanks
  • EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 129
  • Personal Text
    • Share Post
Re: Likia Pavillion
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2014, 10:11:10 AM »
Very reasonable is a relative term.  reasonable to me is somewhat different to the Aga Khan or a Getty, for example!

Perhaps you could be more precise with your review - unless it was pure advertising, of course?
Please use "Click to Say Thanks' if you enjoy this Post.  ::)

Offline Lynne T

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 22
    • Share Post
Re: Lykia Pavillion
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2014, 10:11:57 AM »
What he has left out is that we were not hurried , we chilled on our sea view table for over 3 hours . It is like designer Kalkan . Lots of lovely little touches .
Lynne

Offline One sheet

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2014, 10:25:04 AM »
Chris S, of course it's advertising. I want everybody to experience what we experienced. I have no vested interest in the restaurant. We paid about £31 per person. This included 2 large beers, 2 bottles of wine, 4 starters, 4 main meals, 4 deserts, 2 Turkish coffees and and as much good service as you could take!! We could all go to nice restaurants and keep it to ourselves of course.......

Offline Lizilu20

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 307
    • Share Post
« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2014, 10:27:59 AM »
Thanks, it's always good to hear of a nice restaurant to visit that's new to you but like Chris_S says - it's good to have an idea of the price too. When I do my holiday reports, I always try to add the price in (when I remember) as I know when I was researching Kalkan, all those years ago  ;D I really appreciated knowing what kind of a buget we would need and still do.

We eat cheaply and splash out too so it doesn't matter how much it is - just nice to know and then you can plan ahead accordingly. With all those litttle designer touches, I'm presuming that it's higher end, but well worth the price  ???

Enjoy the rest of your holiday and it's good to hear from you again One Sheet  :)

Offline Lizilu20

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 307
    • Share Post
« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2014, 10:30:31 AM »
Sorry, I think we crossed in the post! Thanks for the heads up on the price  :)

Offline One sheet

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2014, 11:40:27 AM »
It is I, One Sheet

Thank you. It's nice to be back. Going to a family wedding in 2015 in Spain so  I will make the most of these couple of weeks.  :)

Offline Chris_S

• Suggest saying Thanks
  • EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 129
  • Personal Text
    • Share Post
« Reply #7 on: June 19, 2014, 03:48:32 PM »
One Sheet - I wasn't complaining, but there have been cases where posts have been made on EK by supposedly independent visitors, when it is apparent that it's someone connected doing a biased TripAdvisor type post.

Your input is highly welcomed, and the updated details rounded it out, and made it obvious that you were a satisfied customer, not the marketing manager!

That's what makes this Forum worth visiting - the opinions of the people who spend their time in Kalkan because they choose to!

keep your exepriences coming  ;D

Offline clara 50

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 27
    • Share Post
« Reply #8 on: June 20, 2014, 01:36:59 AM »
Sounds lovely, would be ideal for a special occasion when it's nice to have all those little extra touches. Our silver wedding anniversary august 2015, must keep it in mind. Welcome back Onesheet, hope the rest of your holiday is great, keep up the reports. Cheers  8)

Offline lilly

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 7
    • Share Post
  • Owner: Yes
« Reply #9 on: June 20, 2014, 08:52:17 AM »
We ate here last night. The views are spectacular. The food presentation is stunning.
I would say it would make a lovely special occasion venue.
The staff are very pleasent but I did feel they were a little intense, maybe trying to hard to impress. I know some people like this type of service, so it isn't a criticism.
We had a lovely evening.

Offline Babs

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 111
    • Share Post
« Reply #10 on: June 20, 2014, 05:09:11 PM »
When we are in Kalkan in October we will be celebrating both my husband's birthday and our 35th (!!) wedding anniversary.......I wonder if we will try somewhere new or stick to tried and tested favourites? Two nights for special celebrations and meals.....not a problem in Kalkan!?  :laugh:

Offline Lynne T

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 22
    • Share Post
« Reply #11 on: June 20, 2014, 05:43:22 PM »
For something special it would be lovely Babs nothing is too much . You are treated like royals .
Lynne

Offline Shambo

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 6
    • Share Post
« Reply #12 on: June 22, 2014, 09:08:53 PM »
For a really special evening, you should try the restaurant at the Likya Residence - beautiful setting overlooking the sea, and the presentation and food is amazing, as is the service.  Definitely worth a visit.

Offline Kalkan regular

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 80
    • Share Post
  • Owner: Yes
« Reply #13 on: June 22, 2014, 09:29:56 PM »
I would prefer not to eat there as I don't think this land should have been given planning permission and I do not want to give even more money to the developer/owner. It should have remained olive grove.

Offline kalkan4eva

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 267
    • Share Post
« Reply #14 on: June 23, 2014, 06:17:43 AM »
I'm with you, KR....! We won't be eating there either.
Better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt :)

Offline Babs

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 111
    • Share Post
« Reply #15 on: June 23, 2014, 08:38:38 AM »
Ah, I know exactly where you mean now! We walked around there last year and while we thought the development looked very nice we did wonder why they had been allowed to build there? The old favourites it is then for our celebrations!

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

Kapsa kitten

Views: 2777
By: saskia
Aubergine