Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Garen furniture  (Read 6660 times)

Offline BevJam

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 4
    • Share Post
  • Owner: Yes
  • Resident: Yes
Garen furniture
« on: March 08, 2008, 07:00:37 PM »
Hello again everyone. i''ve had such good advice on everything else, here''s one last shopping question.

We need to buy quite a lot of garden furniture

4 sunbeds
4 reclining chairs
table
4 ordinary chairs
BBQ

and probably more......

So where is the best place to go for garden furniture this Easter? We''ll have a car so we can travel further afield if we need to.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Bev

Linkback: https://www.enjoykalkan.com/forum/index.php?topic=1217.0
Carpe diem

Offline felicity

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 30
    • Share Post
    • Villa Kirmizi Lale
Re: Garen furniture
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2008, 07:20:52 PM »
Well - how far do you want to go - you could take a trip over to b&q in antalya (koctas) near the airport - my friends bought some lovely teak sunbeds from there...they have a website so you could do a search and check out what they have got and prices....other than that - I''m sure in Fethiye there must be somewhere...!  We had a big BBQ made by the iron man in kalkan - sort of drum size (maybe a bit smaller) you know the type in the UK...that they have at school fetes etc..that was really cheap...!!

Also - in the same vein - can somebody help me - I would like to buy a free standing hammock (so base as well as rope) - i don''t want some of the huge fancy very expensive hammocks that I saw in Kalkan last season - something much smaller with a simple metal bow type of frame - and cheaper too - any ideas where I could get them...I looked at the Koctas site and couldn''t see anything...again - must be able to buy in Fethiye..??

Cheers!
Villa Kirmizi Lale - www.villakirmizilale.co.uk

Offline Buster

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 24
    • Share Post
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2008, 08:48:47 PM »
Hi Bevjam

Neco who has a workshop in Yesilkoy has a good range of sun beds and poolside furniture.

You will find him on the left side just as you come out of the main village going toward Patara.

I have no connection with him other than he built my garden furniture 4 years ago which I have been pleased with.

Also I believe if members can try and use local workshops where possible, we are putting much needed money into the wider local economy.

Regards: Buster

My Pictures of Turkey can be seen at:            http://picasaweb.google.com/barryjv

Pet Nothing, Persecute Nothing.

Offline Mrs Enjoy Kalkan

• Administrator
  • EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 13
    • Share Post
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2008, 08:50:13 PM »
Agree with you there Buster  :)
I think its important we support the local community

Offline Charlie

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 68
    • Share Post
« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2008, 09:47:26 PM »
Bought mine from the same guy Buster used and very happy with the quality and price.

Offline Lantana

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 40
    • Share Post
« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2008, 09:57:16 PM »
To date Neco has built for us and friends, a kitchen, several bedroom suites, numerous sets of garden furniture, stairs, a pergola and bookshelves. His quality is good, prices are reasonable and he is very reliable.  He has a lot of garden and other furniture in stock but will make anything to order if you want something different. If you have a picture of a design you like he can reproduce exactly. You can contact him by phone on

0242 848 6463  mobile 0532 500 5957

but as his English is limited, communication is usually easier if you go to the shop in Yesilkoy.

Lantana

Offline felicity

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 30
    • Share Post
    • Villa Kirmizi Lale
« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2008, 10:25:37 PM »
What about simple hammocks - does he stock these - or make them..and I can''t picture his shop...past the garden centre but before the big tomato place on the right hand side..?????

Offline BevJam

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 4
    • Share Post
« Reply #7 on: March 09, 2008, 12:20:38 PM »
Thanks all, I certaimly want to buy locally if poss, but when we looked last summer some of the prices in the shops on the Kalamar road were hefty.

I can''t picture this place in Yasilkoy but I''ll look out for it when we drive in. Np point ringing him as my Turkish is still VERY limited. I''ve been listening to tapes since Christmas but not getting much further than hello, please thank you etc.

Neco looks like he might be the man though. I don''t fancy going as far as Antalya either I probably wouldn''t get everything in the car.

Good luck with the hammock Felicity

Bev

Offline Linda

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 0
    • Share Post
« Reply #8 on: March 09, 2008, 01:08:13 PM »
Hi BevJam,

we also used Neco, his place is on the left hand side of Yesilkoy travelling away from Kalkan, sign says NECO. I can''t fault his service.

he made all our beds, he also made a special sized one for our friends apartment,
all delivered and assembled on time as promised.

when we had our washing machine fitted he jigged the kitchen base units about to fit

he does really nice wooden sunbeds, I think they''re called steamer chairs in posh shops ! 

I would recommend that you take pictures with you of any that you like and show hom what you want, chances are he''ll be able to make it for you.

Regards

Linda     

Offline Lorretta

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 2
    • Share Post
  • Resident: No
« Reply #9 on: March 09, 2008, 01:31:12 PM »
Does Neco do smaller table and chairs that would be suitable for a balcony? Also I would like a new dining room table and chairs, but again I would like a smaller one than the one''s you see in Kalkan. Ideally I would like a table that you could fold down.

Offline Honey

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 1
    • Share Post
« Reply #10 on: March 09, 2008, 03:14:59 PM »
He made us a drinks table for the balcony & our wooden loungers with wheels so much easier to move plus a dressing table & stool with mirror.All excellent quality.

Offline Em1

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
    • Share Post
« Reply #11 on: March 09, 2008, 04:06:26 PM »
Hi
I agree, Neco has made me some good stuff, to my own design and colour! Bedroom wardrobes and chests, and tables and chairs, and some shelving. He also brings it out to your home and fits it. Either choose what he has in stock, or take a picture with you...and a dictionary of you dont know your numbers! You will know his workshop, as it normally has loads of wooden sunbeds outside.
Em
Em

Offline Lorretta

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
    • Share Post
« Reply #12 on: March 09, 2008, 05:16:59 PM »
Thank you for your helpful replies. I think I will check this out when I am there in June.

Offline chris

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #13 on: March 09, 2008, 07:35:32 PM »
Hi
was hoping someone could help . i have a place in kalkan . i was seeing that a lot of people were suggesting neco for bedroom furn. does anyone have a idea on his prices.
as in the past i have had the carpenter make my bedroom furn . it was so expensive for what it was
that i really don''t want to pay extreme price . so if anyone had a idea on price  for a bedroom set
i would be very gratefull
many thanks
Chris

Offline Em1

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
    • Share Post
« Reply #14 on: March 10, 2008, 09:31:03 PM »
Hi
I had a four door tall wardrobe made, all with top boxes and locks. A big dressing table thing, with a big 3 drawer chest either side and 2 bedside tables, and i think i paid about £500 two year ago??
Em

Offline sue1945

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #15 on: March 14, 2008, 05:00:36 PM »
We have just been quoted £300 each for wood sunbeds, we wannt to buy 10+ this seems like a great deal of cash, does anyone have an idea of the cost we should expect to pay

Offline Kim

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
    • Share Post
« Reply #16 on: March 14, 2008, 06:28:13 PM »
That seems mighty steep Sue.  We got 2 for £100..mind you that was some time ago and before Kalkan became popular to the English buyers.  We got these from the shop next to Adda Tours on the road out of Kalkan.  They sell umbrellas, DIY stuff and paints, so you could try there?

Offline Honey

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
    • Share Post
« Reply #17 on: March 14, 2008, 08:12:19 PM »
I''ve just dug out my little black book with prices we have paid for purchases in Kalkan.For 2x wooden sunloungers with thick cream mattress,1 small drinks table to match,1 dressing table with mirror & stool,total of £300.We purchased these only last year from the carpenter we have mentioned before.

Offline streety

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #18 on: March 15, 2008, 12:14:46 PM »
Just checked our prices.  We bought from Neco in ''05.  6 wooden sunloungers with side tables, 2 parasols, rectangular table to seat 6 with chairs for £980.  We then asked him to make another table (circular) also to seat 6 but with 4 extra chairs which cost £230.  He is very good and has returned to do some other work for us. 

When looking for his shop, don''t expect to find a large sign, just look for a small shop with a row of wooden sunbeds outside - it''s not prestigious but good quality and value.

Offline naklak

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #19 on: March 30, 2008, 11:32:14 AM »
The going price in Kalkan is 150ytl approx. for wooden sunbeds. If you are buying a few you might get a discount.

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

xx
Furniture

Started by felicity on General Discussion

9 Replies
Last post February 18, 2009, 08:35:05 AM
by felicity
xx
Furniture!

Started by Enjoy Kalkan on General Discussion

7 Replies
Last post April 30, 2010, 07:18:15 AM
by Lazyjay
xx
Furniture

Started by babyboomer on General Discussion

0 Replies
Last post September 18, 2011, 11:55:13 PM
by babyboomer
xx
Moving furniture

Started by Sivadmv on General Discussion

0 Replies
Last post May 16, 2014, 07:38:11 PM
by Sivadmv

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

Views: 4695
By: friends
Jeep Safari

Views: 4058