Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: One for the Ladies - evening handbags  (Read 4939 times)

Offline Lizilu20

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 307
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
  • Resident: No
One for the Ladies - evening handbags
« on: June 04, 2014, 01:08:15 PM »
Hi Ladies (and Gents if you are in touch with your feminine side! ;) )

Every year for the past goodness knows how long, I've taken the same bag with me on holiday to use in the evening. It's a little silver sequinned mini duffel type hand bag which I bought from Next years ago and has been perfect for the job. It's not too fancy but nice and blingy and can be worn with casual clothes and dressy too.
It's roomy enough for a camera, make up, tissues, phone, mossie repellent, keys and everything else that's dumped on Mum, but still dainty enough to look pretty. How I love this bag, however it's looking decidedly tatty so  I'm looking to replace it but I can't find anything suitable.

I don't really want a clutch bag as it probably wouldn't fit all the paraphernalia in I end up carrying but I don't particularly want a shoulder type bag either unless it's a bit blingy.

I think I'm out of touch with fashionable holiday evening handbags...What do you all do? Do you use the same bag for evening as you use at daytime? Do you bring different evening bags to match different outfits? Do you not bother with an evening bag? and if so, what do you do with your lipstick, tissues, phone and in my case, essential papier poudre for my oil slick of a face  ???

Linkback: https://www.enjoykalkan.com/forum/index.php?topic=12139.0
« Last Edit: June 04, 2014, 01:33:51 PM by Lizilu20 »

Offline BarbH

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 10
    • Share Post
Re: One for the Ladies - evening handbags
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2014, 01:33:45 PM »
seems like Lizilu's fingers have gone walkies!!!! :) :)

Offline Lizilu20

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
    • Share Post
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2014, 01:34:32 PM »
I'm always doing that BarbH - I always lose half my post while I'm typing and the bloody things just done it again!!!!
« Last Edit: June 04, 2014, 01:36:03 PM by Lizilu20 »

Offline kalkan4eva

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 267
    • Share Post
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2014, 04:06:46 PM »
Bit like some of my dresses...I've used the same bag for going out in Kalkan for the past maybe 6 years..? Maybe longer.
Its a little Dior bag (a real one, Misty :P...) which is pale pink and has a small silver chain handle which fits snugly if I carry it over my shoulder but I generally just swing it about in my hand. It doesn't necessarily match all my outfits (which obviously have a surfeit of orange...) but it has pockets inside so I can keep money separate from lippy and phone and wipes etc.
If you're looking for a new bag, wait until you get to Kalkan and go for one of the small Chanel classic flap bags in a neutral colour - pretty sure they have silver versions. I have bought a few off Nuri of the years and they've lasted really well and still look good today.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2014, 09:05:53 PM by kalkan4eva »
Better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt :)

Offline Irene

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 26
    • Share Post
  • Owner: Yes
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2014, 06:19:03 PM »
One of the loveliest bags I have ever bought for my Kalkan holidays,  came from Oxfam, it served many years, but unfortunately last year was its last visit to Kalkan, as all the sequins started to fall off!  I have yet to find one similar and there is only two weeks to go!  Could mean another shopping trip this weekend ;D

Offline Tatilde

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 11
    • Share Post
« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2014, 06:26:10 PM »
The bag I use in Kalkan came free with a magazine several years ago. I've got better things to spend my money on!

Offline Bob & Jayne

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 214
    • Share Post
« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2014, 06:36:03 AM »
Just seen this post ladies, oh how I love a nice handbag, I had purchased a nice new white bag in the sale last autumn (funnily enough from Next Lizzie) saved it for Kalkan at Easter, but actually hated it by the time I arrived at Dalaman.  Too many pockets, and definitely not man enough for the job! Whilst at the market a few days later, I purchased a little black across the shoulder bag just for the evenings for 10TL (at the exchange rate then it worked out at £2.85) and thought that would be fine whilst over there for all the necessaries! Oh how I love that bag, I have been using it ever since and will be definitely be replacing it in August with a duplicate or 2! In actual fact a friend asked me last week if I could get one for her too!!!

J
« Last Edit: June 05, 2014, 10:09:57 AM by Bob & Jayne »

Offline Christina

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 43
    • Share Post
« Reply #7 on: June 05, 2014, 07:18:23 AM »
My favourite handbag was purchased out of necessity some 18 months ago when, following a nasty accident, I was on crutches for 6 months. With an imminent holiday to Kalkan looming, a friend drove me go my local TKMaxx, where I bought a lovely small, feminine, butter-soft black leather rucksack. It has pockets, zips and pouches, but manages to look really elegant, either on the beach or with a maxi dress in the evening. This was perfect at the time as it left my hands free for my crutches, but it has remained a firm favourite even though I can now walk unaided, as it leaves both hands free for browsing in shops, greeting and hugging friends, clambering up those tricky spiral staircases to reach the roof rerrace in restaurants, and of course eating/drinking whilst on the move.

That little bag now never leaves my side and has made 7 trips to KK with me. Alas the lining has gone, but the other day I managed to find an identical bag in TKM in a gorgeous pale caramel colour or 'cognac' as it was described. It will be getting its first outing in July, but I will continue my quest to seek out other colours. A soft silver would be the ultimate!

Offline clara 50

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 27
    • Share Post
« Reply #8 on: June 05, 2014, 07:21:54 AM »
I bought a stunning small shoulder bag last year, not something I'd use at home but perfect for turkey. The front  is all hand sewn with sequins, gold, black and bronze and has a nice little pocket inside. I bought it on ebay and was cheeky and asked the lady to sell it privately. I mentioned it was for Turkey and as twice a year visitors themselves she said I could have it for a fiver and never mind  the postage. It was brand new, M&§, thirty quid, although looks more expensive with all the  intricate work that went into it the, label was still on it. The funny thing was she contacted me for my address and we had a forty five minute chat about Turkey. She said it was an impulse buy and her hubby went mad as she's not a handbag person never mind a blingey one, in the background her hubby was laughing saying he'd be " glad to see the b***dy daft thing  go ", typical bloke. Think it must have caused a bit of a row when she bought it. So as well as a gorgeous cheap bag, i've got fond memories of the previous owner. Bought loads in charity shops, one lovely little gold sequinned clasped vintage looking bag with fine gold chain for two quid. Wonder who owned that one lol  :P

Offline Babs

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 111
    • Share Post
« Reply #9 on: June 05, 2014, 08:12:13 AM »
Handbags......love 'em.....but it's like shoes......wardrobe full of the things but only ever wear my favourites! I have lots of little bags that take it in turn to visit Kalkan (I like to be fair) but my absolute favourite is a soft cheap silver bag I've had for years that fits everything in that I need for the evening but has even worked as a tiny beach bag in the past. Trouble is it's past it's best :( and having bought a plethora of shoes and bags as variations for my daughter's wedding I'm not sure I can justify a new one.......until I get to Kalkan of course!  :laugh: :laugh:

Offline Lizilu20

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
    • Share Post
« Reply #10 on: June 05, 2014, 11:31:55 AM »
Sounds like we are all similar in the fact we have our favourite handbags that resurface every year!  :)

I love the idea of a little chanel flap bag K4E, especially in silver  - I don't have one of those yet but watch this space!!

We have a family wedding in a couple of weeks and Chester races at the end of the month so I'm shopping for an outfit that will do for both this weekend. I'm hoping I'll spot a new Kalkan bag while I'm rummaging but will still pay visits to the lovely bag shops in Kalkan as my birthday money will be burning a hole in my pocket by then!  ;D

I remember that little black bag now Jayne. What a bargain! I'm coveting all your bags ladies. They all sound just perfect for Kalkan  - even yours Tatilde - I still wear a sarong I got free from Marie Claire in 1992!!!  ;D

Offline Wendy

• Versatile Villa Asfiya
  • EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 7
  • If you are lucky you can visit our villa!
    • Share Post
    • Kalkan Holidays
« Reply #11 on: June 08, 2014, 06:54:46 PM »
I bought a lovely evening type bag from Primark! Big enough for a bottle of wine (to smuggle into a photography conference) and my camera. They are worth a look.

Offline Lizilu20

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
    • Share Post
« Reply #12 on: June 09, 2014, 01:56:31 PM »
Wendy I can't believe it  - I trudged wearily around the shopping centre for 4 hours yesterday (most of it spent in Primark thanks to my two Primark mad daughters) and never even thought to look at the bags there  ::) Mind you I didn't get chance as I was like a pack horse, weighed down with all their purchases! I shall definitely look there for a bag next time I go, thanks for the tip. So mad at myself for not even thinking to check the bags out there!!
I did get a very nice patent clutch with a hand strap though from debenhams so all was not lost, however it's not really what I want for my holidays and seeing as I'm left handed, and the bag is designed to be held in your right hand -  the bag is facing the wrong way round when I automatically pick it up with my left hand! Something I'd never even thought of before. It's bad enough trying to hold the scissors upside down, to cut the labels off  - cramming 2 fingers into the space for 1 thumb is bloody annoying and it's uncomfortable too!  ;D

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

xx
Ladies Thighs

Started by Chucky on Cooking

7 Replies
Last post November 14, 2008, 08:14:03 PM
by RosiB
xx
Ladies Hairdressers

Started by rosarioguy on Restaurants, Bars, Nightlife & Shopping

3 Replies
Last post July 06, 2012, 01:42:10 PM
by bankieken
xx
Ladies and gents how do you pack your pork!

Started by Holidaylover28 on Restaurants, Bars, Nightlife & Shopping

6 Replies
Last post August 27, 2015, 04:21:47 PM
by Blue Lizard
xx
Evening Wear

Started by Leigh on General Discussion

6 Replies
Last post September 10, 2011, 01:39:55 PM
by chrissy1

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal