Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: One month today  (Read 23162 times)

Offline Kalkan regular

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 80
    • Share Post
  • Owner: Yes
  • Resident: No
Re: One month today
« Reply #40 on: June 02, 2014, 05:32:12 PM »
My speed awareness course was hilarious as I was with a very funny group of people and the instructors had a good sense of humour as well as making sure we had taken in the information. My husband and daughter's were turgid. We all got caught within a few weeks of each other....my husband & daughter don't usually speed!
I love the anticipation each time we are going to Kalkan, it never fades.

Offline Babs

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 111
    • Share Post
« Reply #41 on: June 02, 2014, 06:06:39 PM »
Ok K4E I'll forgive you if you do every other day! There are so many of us desperate people out here who have months to go before it's our turn and I don't know if it's just me but I don't want to hear about dogs any more, my own excepted, I want to hear about people having fun, eating lovely meals and generally having a good time!
I admit....I'm shallow!  ;D ;D

Offline Pompeyalbie

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 89
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
« Reply #42 on: June 02, 2014, 06:21:35 PM »
Go on K4E get those blogs written, it's been weeks since anybody wrote anything in the Holiday Reports, seems ages since we were there & it's less than a month. How are the roads holding up? Are the tables & chairs encroaching the roads? Have they stopped traffic in the old town at night? I'm so nosy.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2014, 10:15:41 PM by Pompeyalbie »

Offline Blue Lizard

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 185
    • Share Post
« Reply #43 on: June 02, 2014, 08:56:09 PM »
Bogs written???..writing on bog walls is not the kind of behaviour we have come to expect in Kalkan don't you know!!  what! what! what!  ::) >:D
People Of Britain.. When your missus asks "Does my bum look big in this? Never say "Dunno your blocking the light."... just sayin ????

ta ta for now
Lizard

Offline Bob & Jayne

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 214
    • Share Post
« Reply #44 on: June 02, 2014, 09:00:48 PM »
Blue Lizzard, shouldn't you be ironing your shirts ready for packing!!! lol.  K4E look forward to reading your BLOGS if you have time, feel guilty even asking, as don't ever manage to do them myself, but promise I will try this year!

J
« Last Edit: June 03, 2014, 06:47:19 AM by Bob & Jayne »

Offline Blue Lizard

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 185
    • Share Post
« Reply #45 on: June 02, 2014, 09:29:33 PM »
Moi????...Nooooo!! I have a mrs lizard for that kind of thing don't you know!! ;D :angel:

Offline tortoise lady

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 26
    • Share Post
« Reply #46 on: June 06, 2014, 09:59:03 AM »
When this post started I was also "one month today".   It is now "tomorrow" for me.  Cases almost packed - I think only shoes to be added now.   The decision will not be which are my prettiest shoes, it will be which are the most comfortable.  I have just had to fit in a visit to the chiropodist to deal with the damage caused trying to wear in a new pair of shoes.  I really really hate new shoes. So you won't see me in the shoe shops in Kalkan.   I will be wearing unglamorous comfy (if ancient) shoes but hopefully they will enable me to enjoy Kalkan properly.

Ancient shorts yet again go in the case.  Just remembered I haven't tried them on this year...............  The case could almost pack itself because I always take the same things to Kalkan.  Over the years some things have had to be dropped off the list because they strangely seem to have shrunk.  Could lots of visits to Kalkan restaurants over the years have anything to do with shrinking clothes??

Paperbacks packed in case I don't get on too well with my new Kindle.

One more sleep and its off to Gatwick on my way to Kalkan.   First sight of the bay will probably be of twinkling lights this time as we are having an afternoon flight.

Offline msr

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 10
    • Share Post
« Reply #47 on: June 06, 2014, 11:01:41 AM »
I am with you on the shoes tortoise lady, I only ever wear Birkenstocks in the summer here and in Kalkan. After a foot operation 6 years ago and having to endure 4 months in plaster I was just glad I could wear anything on my feet. My consultant recommended Birkenstocks and I have never looked back. He said it was something to do with the contours on the inner sole of the shoe that makes the foot sit in the correct position and alleviates any stress to the feet.
They are the most comfortable shoes I have ever worn. I am not a shoe lady and cringe when I see what some people wedge their feet into. Once you have worn a Birkenstock sandal ,alas ,you will never want to put your feet into anything else.

Offline kalkan4eva

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 267
    • Share Post
« Reply #48 on: June 06, 2014, 11:57:40 AM »
I had a mild flirtation with Birkenstocks a few years back. I know you can get some blingy versions but I never quite fell in love with them as you have msr. I have Croc flip flops that I find more comfortable for daytime and a variety of sparkly (heavy) sandals for the evening wear.
We too arrive in darkness, TL and have done now for the past 4 years. I do miss "that view" in daylight, but the twinkly lights are almost as good.
When I started this thread it was 9th May - where has the month actually gone? On Monday we will be winging our way to paradise 8) 8)
Better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt :)

Offline Lizilu20

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 307
    • Share Post
« Reply #49 on: June 06, 2014, 12:31:40 PM »
Goodness me, that month has flown by!  :o

It's been fun hearing about your preparations - hope the speed awareness course went ok too.  :)

Have a wonderful holiday and you too tortoise lady. Safe journeys to you both and hope to hear from you both as roving reporters  ;D

Offline Haybo

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 73
    • Share Post
« Reply #50 on: June 06, 2014, 06:29:27 PM »
You can't go wrong with a Birkenstock. Each year they come out and are so comfy. They are a bit 'industrial' looking tho! 2 pairs will be accompanying me in 7 weeks time......

Offline suzyq1

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
    • Share Post
« Reply #51 on: June 06, 2014, 08:39:33 PM »
You are right Lizilu 20 that month has flown by. Just want to wish both K4E and Tortoise lady  fabulous holidays. Looking at the weather you have timed it perfectly! Looking forward to hearing about your days and nights out.
Thought of you the other day K4E when I rang the doctors for another prescription of 'anti fat feet' pills! I will be forever in your debt on your advise on that. It was fantastic having 'slim feet' on holiday!  I can even remember my 18 to 30 holidays when all of us girlies would laugh at our 'clubby' feet …..think that was definitely due to too much alcohol!

Safe journey and hope to hear from you soon reporting from sunny Kalkan!

Offline kalkan4eva

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 267
    • Share Post
« Reply #52 on: June 09, 2014, 08:01:53 AM »
Its today!!!!!
I feel like a child on Christmas morning ;D ;D

Offline Babs

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
    • Share Post
« Reply #53 on: June 09, 2014, 08:41:13 AM »
Have fun!  :laugh:

Offline Lizilu20

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
    • Share Post
« Reply #54 on: June 09, 2014, 01:07:26 PM »
Yipoeee!!! 8) 8) 8)

Safe journey and have a fab holiday!  :)

Offline Babs

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
    • Share Post
« Reply #55 on: June 09, 2014, 10:20:29 PM »
Oh lizilu we are sad......we are nearly as excited about K4E's holiday as she is!  ;D ;D

Offline Lizilu20

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
    • Share Post
« Reply #56 on: June 10, 2014, 01:05:12 PM »
So true Babs  ;D

Come on K4E, you've been there about 12 hours now - surely time for a holiday report  ;D ;D ;D

Offline clara 50

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 27
    • Share Post
« Reply #57 on: June 11, 2014, 11:15:23 AM »
Have a safe flight and a marvellous holiday. Never tried Birkenstock's myself, seem to stick to the flip-flops and the blingier flip-flops for the evening with a the tiny wedge. Always buy new ones bit inevitably resort to the slightly Kalkan bashed old favourites. Think I'll be on the safe side with my old buddies as still wobbly after a broken pelvis, don't fancy another tumble and definitely could do without the dreaded blisters. Don't know about anyone else but plasters just refuse to stick to my poor old trotters and to be honest my feet look bad enough as it is. Probably look better in ankle or should I say Kankle socks lol.

Offline msr

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
    • Share Post
« Reply #58 on: June 11, 2014, 04:59:12 PM »
Clara if I were you I would invest in a pair of Birkenstocks, I have a friend who has had the most unbelievable back problems/pain for the last 20 years which has resulted in a very difficult back op, by an expert flown in from Switzerland, she has also had 2 hip replacements. All of this has left her with dreadful problems with her feet. The only thing that gives her any relief are Birkenstocks and she has them in every colour available. She wears them all year round and often says without them she would be housebound.
I don't know what it is that makes them so comfortable for people with dodgy feet etc. but whatever it is it seems to work.

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

xx
12 month rental

Started by Joules on Accommodation and Hotels

1 Replies
Last post January 07, 2009, 09:04:03 AM
by Bdancer
xx
3-4 month rental required

Started by dorbyperry on Accommodation and Hotels

1 Replies
Last post March 22, 2013, 07:10:09 PM
by Irene
xx
Merhaba! Can you recommend accommodation for next month please?

Started by ocean dreamer on Accommodation and Hotels

8 Replies
Last post May 18, 2010, 08:16:04 PM
by Jackvinsly
xx
Coming to Kalkan from London this month?

Started by saskia on General Discussion

1 Replies
Last post October 18, 2009, 09:00:23 AM
by tigertim

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal