Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: One month today  (Read 23307 times)

Offline kalkan4eva

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 267
    • Share Post
One month today
« on: May 09, 2014, 06:08:59 PM »
Oh my goodness...just one short month from today we will be in Kalkan :) :)
I've just instructed BH to get the cases from the loft...yes its a bit premature caseation, but I'm keen to just check on my Kalkan clothes and see if there needs to be any retirements (which will need replacing with new starters...obviously ::))
#excited #earlypacking #ivenoideawhathashtagmeans

Linkback: https://www.enjoykalkan.com/forum/index.php?topic=12067.0
Better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt :)

Offline Lizilu20

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 307
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
  • Resident: No
Re: One month today
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2014, 07:31:02 PM »
Looks cool though K4E!  8) I keep seeing # on Facebook but I think it's something to do with twitter. Something I've not mastered yet! Too many social network sites and not enough hours in the day!
4 weeks today is practically round the corner you lucky thing. Hope there's a big fat holiday report from you too!  ;D

Offline Lynne T

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 22
    • Share Post
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2014, 08:04:16 PM »
We are 4 weeks tomorrow but I would like it a bit warmer ;D. My cases are down and the list to buy is getting smaller.
Can't wait Lynne

Offline kalkan4eva

• Kalkander!
    • Share Post
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2014, 08:25:32 PM »
Ha ha, Lizilu, yes it's something to do with twitter  :) I send my kids messages on FB or whatsapp and add hash tag statements to wind them....! That's what what we do when we're older...just live to embarrass our children.

Offline Lizilu20

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
    • Share Post
« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2014, 08:58:44 PM »
Think I might just have to follow your lead on that one ha ha! #justlovewindingmygirlsuptoo.  >:D

Offline Bob & Jayne

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 214
    • Share Post
  • Owner: Yes
« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2014, 09:12:24 PM »
Twitter I haven't ever managed to master either! but seems like all our kids now do that more than FB! My daughter tells me "no Mum you don't need Twitter!" K4E, I know what you mean, I've updated my Kalkan clothes in the sale in Asda this afternoon, cheap but chic! well I think so!!!, but worth looking, I was very pleased with what I bought. Roll on 80 days, can't come soon enough.

Jayne

:D

Offline Babs

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 111
    • Share Post
« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2014, 09:18:44 PM »
They use twitter so we can't keep tags on them #iknowwhatyouareupto!

"Retirements" and "new starters".......just admit it, you're going holiday shopping!  :laugh:

Offline suzyq1

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 10
    • Share Post
« Reply #7 on: May 09, 2014, 10:45:27 PM »
Well my holiday must fit neatly in-between yours K4E and Jaynes, so meant in the nicest possible way I'm wishing yours to come and go K4E, but for Jaynes to take an eternity, so that my fortnight will go on and on and on…….total bliss  :) With the weather being pretty pants I haven't even got my normal summer bits out of the loft yet let alone holiday clothes.

Talking of embarrassing the kids I have just finished decorating my bra for the London Moon Walk tomorrow night! My son arrived home from being away at work all week to be greeted by me in my black lycra leggings and my flowery, blingy bra and bum bag! The look on his face  #priceless! Could do with a bit of Kalkan warmth, have you seen the forecast for tomorrow night? #freezingsoggybits comes to mind!

Anyway, have promised myself that after the walk I can concentrate on holiday and all things Kalkan, like visas, booking boat trips and start on my "holiday list" which I will have great pleasure slowly ticking off over the next 7 weeks! :)

Have fun shopping K4E. You never know, you just may see some blingy flip flops that you have to buy!  ;D

Offline BarbH

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
    • Share Post
« Reply #8 on: May 09, 2014, 11:23:00 PM »
Best of luck for tomorrow Suzy. Hope the weather is warmer than today. Been really blustery  here in London and your blingy bra is not going to keep you warm ;D Hope the ferry crossing is not too choppy.

BarbH

Offline Haybo

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 73
    • Share Post
« Reply #9 on: May 09, 2014, 11:47:33 PM »
Good luck on the Moonwalk. Just back from a Macmillan Big Night In. Raised over £200 making bracelets and drinking damson gin and blackcurrant/licorice vodka! Only 77 days to Kalkan.  Woo hoo! A few cheeky Asda purchases made myself!

Offline Lizilu20

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
    • Share Post
« Reply #10 on: May 10, 2014, 12:11:53 AM »
#fabthreadk4e #justloveholidayclothesshoppingBabs
Good luck with your moonwalk Suzy  :) and well done Haybo.  :)
#beenbrowsingatasdatooladies!!!  ;D

Offline Bob & Jayne

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 214
    • Share Post
« Reply #11 on: May 10, 2014, 07:01:09 AM »
Will be thinking of you Suzy tonight, good luck, it is a fantastic atmosphere and a magnificent achievement.  Good luck and well done.  Look forward to hearing all about it and well done Haybo too.  Let's hope all our holidays come round very soon  :D :D :D

Offline kalkan4eva

• Kalkander!
    • Share Post
« Reply #12 on: May 10, 2014, 08:46:08 AM »
Well done ladies for raising money for good causes...oh and embarrassing the life out of our children - extra points for that!
Ok, you got me sussed on the shopping front but it has to be our secret :-* - I'm going to a sample sale next week which believe it or not will be cheaper than Asda ;D but I have to say, BH will leave me if I buy any more shoes - blingy or otherwise :)
#noivehadthemforyears

Offline Babs

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 111
    • Share Post
« Reply #13 on: May 10, 2014, 11:10:32 AM »
Good luck tonight Suzy.......my daughter will be joining you! I've been there, done it and got the t shirt a few times you'll have an amazing night!
Seems we all have the same philosophy for shopping #what?theseoldsthings?   :laugh:

Offline Chris_S

• Suggest saying Thanks
  • EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 129
  • Personal Text
    • Share Post
« Reply #14 on: May 10, 2014, 12:24:36 PM »
A-a-a-h, such is the progress of life.

Just as you get in the habit of using hashtags to embarrass the younger generation, they move to something else.

Hence Twitter's falling usage and corporate value.  By the time you've really got to grips with it, you'll be the only one using it!
Please use "Click to Say Thanks' if you enjoy this Post.  ::)

Offline geirarne

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 1
    • Share Post
« Reply #15 on: May 10, 2014, 10:21:44 PM »
One week today.
And weather forcast on accuweather says sunny weather for the next 14 days.
Boat trips, patara, fethyie market, lycian cities, saklikent, kleo ++ here we come

Offline kalkan4eva

• Kalkander!
    • Share Post
« Reply #16 on: May 13, 2014, 09:57:25 AM »
So just to update you on the packing front - cases were down at the weekend and I've made a start on the cull (which as you all know is a cunning plan to allow me to have a mini splurge pre:Kalkan)
I had not realised just how old some of my dresses actually are - I am still taking (and wearing...) clothes that have seen at least 8 seasons according to the photographic evidence I was able to show BH - a sort of case for the prosecution! I am also taking (but not wearing.....) clothes that I probably shouldn't any more :-[ :-[
A tidy pile for the Charity shop, a couple for eBay = lots more room for moi!

So it begins......

Offline Lizilu20

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
    • Share Post
« Reply #17 on: May 13, 2014, 10:13:55 AM »
Ooh I'm getting giddy for you K4E, I think I'm looking forward to your holiday as much as you are  ;D

Are you going for 3 weeks again?

Happy shopping, culling and packing  :)

Offline suzyq1

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
    • Share Post
« Reply #18 on: May 13, 2014, 05:49:50 PM »
 That was an  excellent night's fundraising Haybo  and sounds far more civilised than my night out in the cold pounding the streets of London:) .Thanks for all your good luck wishes for the Moon Walk. Well I did it, all 26 miles, but must admit it was a  challenge. Hope your daughter got on okay Babs? Bit of a cold, windy night and there were a few teething problems with the new route, but fantastic overall and such a great cause so worth it.

True to my word I have now put our Kalkan holiday back on track. Have sorted insurance, yes I know I should have done that ages ago, but kept forgetting! Visas have been done and printed off and now looking at boat trips. I know it's early season, but has anyone heard of any new ones this year?

Got a few days off so I might have to wonder into town and check out if there are any bargains about.  ;) I bought a couple of new dresses last year, but like you K4E I was also wearing ones I've had for at least 8 years! Mind you, that's nothing compared to my husband's 'drinking' shirt as we call it. It will be it's 22nd birthday this summer and gets worn without fail on every holiday we go on! Is that a record or can anyone beat that?

Offline Haybo

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 73
    • Share Post
« Reply #19 on: May 13, 2014, 06:07:00 PM »
Thanks suzyq1. Your efforts are worthy of praise! Can't beat the 22 year old drinking shirt I'm afraid. It must be a beauty! I'd love to think I could get I to something I owned 22 years ago!
We're still 10 weeks away from our holiday..... We have only been to KK once but I can't wait to visit some fave places from last year plus all the lovely places you guys talk about! I think I have first night and day one planned in my head already....geek alert!

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

xx
12 month rental

Started by Joules on Accommodation and Hotels

1 Replies
Last post January 07, 2009, 09:04:03 AM
by Bdancer
xx
3-4 month rental required

Started by dorbyperry on Accommodation and Hotels

1 Replies
Last post March 22, 2013, 07:10:09 PM
by Irene
xx
Merhaba! Can you recommend accommodation for next month please?

Started by ocean dreamer on Accommodation and Hotels

8 Replies
Last post May 18, 2010, 08:16:04 PM
by Jackvinsly
xx
Coming to Kalkan from London this month?

Started by saskia on General Discussion

1 Replies
Last post October 18, 2009, 09:00:23 AM
by tigertim

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal