Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: The Excitement is Building  (Read 10854 times)

Offline macrefield mom

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 11
    • Share Post
  • Owner: Yes
  • Resident: No
Re: The Excitement is Building
« Reply #40 on: April 30, 2014, 12:21:58 PM »
Well my handsome boy is doing well I am pleased to report!  He has been to the vet and we have asked her to test him for everything she can, through his blood, so he sat very still and held up his big paws as she shaved them and then drew off two phials of blood.  Poor lad never flickered, just looked at her with his big brown eyes and waited for his biscuit.

So now we wait for the results to see if he has a food allergy, a liver infection or any toxic allergies, if they are negative then we will have to have an MRI scan to check his brain patterns.  But he certainly has perked up so we are delighted.

The upside of all this is that we have had lovely weather here this week and have had lunch in the garden, drinks out last evening and I have a bit of a tan!  Meanwhile it looks like the weather in Kalkan hasn't been so good, more cloud than sun all of this week, so at least when we return in June we should get some decent weather.

Offline Lizilu20

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 307
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
« Reply #41 on: April 30, 2014, 12:48:27 PM »
That's great news macrefield mom. Fingers crossed all is well with your boy and what a brave and well behaved boy he is. I wish I could say that about our Charlie! The minute his vaccination notes are produced from the cupboard and he hears the jangle of car keys - he becomes the hound from hell!!! We even give him doggy calm pills starting the night before and he's had lots of social visits to the vets in order to make him less frightened but all to no avail. He's just a neurotic pooch I'm afraid  ;D
Not long until June now and I'm so glad you've made the most of your weeks holiday.  :) 8)

Offline Babs

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 111
    • Share Post
« Reply #42 on: April 30, 2014, 08:48:07 PM »
So glad to hear your "handsome boy" is doing well.....the things we do for our pooches?  ::)

Offline Pompeyalbie

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 89
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
« Reply #43 on: May 03, 2014, 09:08:53 AM »
This week hasn't gone as smoothly as I'd hoped, on Tuesday Janet woke up with the sniffles & by Wednesday it was full blown runny nose time, needless to say I kept well away to the point of sleeping in the spare bedroom. No joy on Thursday I was sniffing and Friday (travel day) she was alright & I was like death warmed up & dosing myself with a 3am Lemsip then Sudafed at Gatwick. Not the best fight due to my state but have to say the seats in the plane were better & my knees weren't under my chin & table stuck in my ample belly.
The new E Visa is great, no double queuing to buy it & then go through control. The man from Brave Tours was there waiting for us then the paperwork was done at their new office just outside the airport as opposed to doing it over the bonnet. The drive was straight forward and passed 3 traffic controls but they didn't seem to be stooping anyone. There is a long stretch Kalkan side of Fethiye where it is down to 1 carriageway sharing a lane each while the resurface the west bound side.
The proper blog will start tomorrow if I can get wifi connected.

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

xx
If you we're building.....

Started by onelove on Buying A Property & Real Estate

11 Replies
Last post November 09, 2012, 07:17:35 PM
by brian j p
xx
Building

Started by soprano on Living In Kalkan

2 Replies
Last post May 19, 2014, 02:09:22 PM
by happy days
xx
Building works

Started by Lola1 on General Discussion

18 Replies
Last post May 13, 2015, 09:20:29 PM
by Lola1
thumbdown
Building Restrictions

Started by Pauline on General Discussion

13 Replies
Last post June 22, 2008, 01:16:26 PM
by Pauline

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

Patara Theatre

Views: 2554
By: Pompeyalbie
Delikkemer bay