Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: SAndals Club A FISH RESTAURANT!!!!  (Read 13593 times)

Offline Blue Lizard

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 185
    • Share Post
Re: SAndals Club A FISH RESTAURANT!!!!
« Reply #20 on: March 10, 2008, 04:42:01 PM »
come on down..lets boogie!!..i promise lizard won''t eat the spider.. ;D ;D
People Of Britain.. When your missus asks "Does my bum look big in this? Never say "Dunno your blocking the light."... just sayin ????

ta ta for now
Lizard

Offline kalkan4eva

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 267
    • Share Post
« Reply #21 on: March 10, 2008, 05:29:19 PM »
you forgot to mention the arrythmic head movements that are a major part of Dad dancing, Blue Lizard!!  ;D
As soon as our offspring see the head movements and scrunched up face that precede any attempt to get on the dancefloor by Mr Kalkan4eva they head for the bar. The "dance on the way to the dancefloor" Shuffle that follows, before the real business of Dad dancing comes into play are just too excruciating for them to bear  :laugh: If their mum gets up to "party like it''s 1999" they generally leave the venue  ;)
Better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt :)

Offline Blue Lizard

• Kalkander!
    • Share Post
« Reply #22 on: March 10, 2008, 05:34:23 PM »
does he do the "pointy arm moves with pointy finger?"..and is he first up for the birdie song? ;D ;D

Offline felicity

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 30
    • Share Post
    • Villa Kirmizi Lale
  • Owner: Yes
« Reply #23 on: March 10, 2008, 05:35:41 PM »
Just my point proven then, Kalkan4eva...we need Sandals AND Yacht Point....as you have said - a collective sigh of relief (especially from my daughter...  ;D ;D).  Do you think we could persuade Sandals to host a reopening - 70''s disco night....just so long as it when I''m out there...i''ll be first on that dance floor....ymca, boogie nights; I will survive (the original!), dancing queen and all those other 70''s classics.... ;) ;D
Villa Kirmizi Lale - www.villakirmizilale.co.uk

Offline felicity

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
    • Share Post
    • Villa Kirmizi Lale
« Reply #24 on: March 10, 2008, 05:36:44 PM »
Yeah Yeah - and Night Fever - how could I forget that classic..!!   ;)

Offline Blue Lizard

• Kalkander!
    • Share Post
« Reply #25 on: March 10, 2008, 05:59:08 PM »
classic pointy finger song!! ;D

Offline kalkan4eva

• Kalkander!
    • Share Post
« Reply #26 on: March 10, 2008, 06:06:05 PM »
yes, Blue Lizard lots of pointing goes on.. :laugh: But the Birdie Song is not his forte (along with Superman and Agadoo) but if you get Jon Bon Jovi''s Living on a Prayer on the playlist, he will add air guitar to the rest of of his moves  ;D ;D

I''m with you Felicity on the 70''s night...bellbottoms are being packed as we speak  :D Incidentally, all my best 70''s gear - lovingly stored in the loft for the past thirty-odd years has been totally raided by my eldest daughter who loves to tell friends she''s wearing "vintage". Knew I was keeping it for a reason  :laugh:

Offline felicity

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
    • Share Post
    • Villa Kirmizi Lale
« Reply #27 on: March 10, 2008, 06:19:25 PM »
OK - kalkan4eva and you other 70''s fans....when are we all out there to organise this 70''s night...??? ??? ???  i don''t mind going down to ask Tamer (is it...??) in April when we''re next out...??  :D  - but I might have to raid some vintage 70''s clothes - mine got chucked out with the ark..!!   :o

Offline Blue Lizard

• Kalkander!
    • Share Post
« Reply #28 on: March 10, 2008, 06:38:30 PM »
agh! living on a prayer....reminds me of the days on building sites with my buddies all playing Air shovel!! ;)

Offline kalkan4eva

• Kalkander!
    • Share Post
« Reply #29 on: March 12, 2008, 06:46:43 PM »
Not my favourite piece of music but my BH is more of rock than mowtown...but we both like to boogie on down to a bit of Barry White. Felicity, we''re there in Kalkan in June and no need to raid the vintage shops for your 70''s gear - just look around the High Street. High waisted flares, platform shoes and girly blouses are everywhere..may not suit you Blue Lizard  ;D ;D !!!
Having said that, platforms are an absolute "no-no" in Kalkan if walking forms any part of your evening  :laugh:

Perhaps the guys in Sandals could have a EK 70''s night once a month...?
I''m getting carried away with myself it seems like only you and I are up for this Felicity and it would be a sad old night with just us on the dancefloor doing the Carwash  O0

Offline felicity

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
    • Share Post
    • Villa Kirmizi Lale
« Reply #30 on: March 12, 2008, 07:23:27 PM »
Ooohhheerr kalkan4 eva - when in June are you going to be there..coz I am out for a girlie week with 6 others (of a certain age...LOL) and we could have quite a 70''s party..they will be deffo be up for it...(2nd week in JUNE.....plz say you''ll be there and we could get Sandals to organise..!!)  Can we add B52''s - Loveshack..another 70''s classic - well in fact all motown and beegees and michael jackson too...im getting well excited...  O0 O0 9(and you''re right - the old clothes are all coming back in..but it will be flips flops with my flares..!!)

Offline felicity

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
    • Share Post
    • Villa Kirmizi Lale
« Reply #31 on: March 12, 2008, 07:24:38 PM »
Oh and i meant to say - i''m quite used to being the only saddo on the dance floor in Sandals...who cares when you''ve had  a few rakis..!!

Offline Chucky

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 16
  • Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive!!
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
  • Resident: No
« Reply #32 on: March 12, 2008, 09:00:05 PM »
As Sandals is likely to be a Fish Restaurant then Felicity, it''s highly likely you will be the only person dancing!!!!
Will you be dancing to the "Funky Mullet"?  LOL

Offline Blue Lizard

• Kalkander!
    • Share Post
« Reply #33 on: March 13, 2008, 08:52:48 AM »
dance along to "rock lobster" or listen to Barry Whiting :D

Offline kalkan4eva

• Kalkander!
    • Share Post
« Reply #34 on: March 13, 2008, 03:37:59 PM »
Sounds great Felicity, more than three''s a party IMO  :laugh:
We are in Kalkan 6th-22nd June and would love to come to a 70''s night at Sandals. We need to encourage more blokes to attend as my BH may feel more than a little outnumbered with all us Laydees doing the funky chicken on the (smaller) dance floor. 8) 8)
I do pity anyone trying to eat a nice bit of Sea Bass that night... >:D >:D

Let us know how you get on when you''re out there next month (you lucky thing!!)

Offline felicity

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
    • Share Post
    • Villa Kirmizi Lale
« Reply #35 on: March 13, 2008, 06:41:50 PM »
Great stuff Kalkan4eva...I have already warned my friends of impending Sandals 70''s nite in 2nd week in June - will be in touch nearer the time to sort the finer details and it will be good to meet you too..!!  Not sure where (and if we want to..!! >:D >:D) find any more men from....I like the idea of the laydees nite - don''t worry - we''ll look after your OH (sorry BH) he will have a great evening too... ;) ;)

I do pity the munchers in the restaurant as we strut our funky (or should I say fishy) stuff.... O0 >:D

Offline kolay gelsin

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 0
    • Share Post
« Reply #36 on: April 06, 2008, 05:57:56 AM »
Yes Sandals will be a fish restaurant and there is a fish market opening next to it, i think along the same lines as in Fetiye.Allegedly the market will sell Black sea fish as well as local ones not that there are many local fish left. I personally wasn''t keen on the old bar but it''s good they are keeping part of it open.

Offline kensarrived

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 0
  • Frequent visitor to Kalkan
    • Share Post
« Reply #37 on: April 13, 2008, 02:24:46 PM »
I''ve been following this thread with interest regarding Sandals "Fish Restaurant" and whilst I don''t wish to start a fenzy of activity wouldn''t it be nice to find a restaurant in Kalkan that actually served "fresh" fish as opposed to the frozen variety. Perhaps this is an opportunity for Sandals to really prove that a Kalkan restaurant can build a reputation for good fresh food that isn''t overly priced and of average quality with a price tag that deserves better.

Everyone certainly got me dreaming of the old Turkey when the restaurant pulled the fish "alive" from a net hanging in the harbour, and fresh lobsters ran around the floor chased by humourous waiters worried about you waiting for your meal: "Onels Restaurant" in Datca comes to mind.

I would be delighted if anyone could point me in the direction of a restaurant in Kalkan (discounting Islamlar) that actually serves fresh well cooked fish! Pehaps it is an opportunity for a local entreprerneur to begin supplying fresh fish & seafood to restaurants via the excellent fish market in Fetiyhe? If not perhaps it''s a thought for my retirement in Kalkan.

Offline Kalkan regular

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 80
    • Share Post
« Reply #38 on: April 13, 2008, 05:29:11 PM »
Hi Kensarrived. Eating out in Kalkan is not compulsory and you seem to be happy with your own cooking so there isn''t a problem. Some of us actually enjoy eating out, don''t want to cook for ourselves and enjoy the food served in the restaurants. There are still places in Turkey as Kalkan was 20 years ago and I''m sure I would visit them rather than Kalkan if I felt as strongly about the restaurants as you do. I''m sure they will also have lovely people too.

Offline fidimax

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 6
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
« Reply #39 on: April 13, 2008, 05:40:34 PM »
dito.If you dont likethe food in kalkan dont put other people off,the majority of people on this site seem to love the food . stick to the bbq it must be cheaper !  :-X     p.s. sorry If I have offended any one ,but ,this has made me throw a bit of a wobbler !
EFES TIME AGAIN !

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

xx
Sandals Restaurant

Started by Will on Restaurants, Bars, Nightlife & Shopping

3 Replies
Last post August 23, 2010, 01:03:10 PM
by Enjoy Kalkan
xx
ADA FISH RESTAURANT

Started by iyiislamlar on Restaurants, Bars, Nightlife & Shopping

6 Replies
Last post June 08, 2012, 08:30:31 AM
by DRBD
xx
Fish Terrace Restaurant

Started by dazbo on Restaurants, Bars, Nightlife & Shopping

3 Replies
Last post July 27, 2010, 10:28:14 PM
by Babs
xx
Ali's Fish Restaurant and Market - opening on Monday 23 May

Started by Enişte on Restaurants, Bars, Nightlife & Shopping

20 Replies
Last post June 05, 2011, 06:46:51 PM
by MouMou

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal