Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: 'Out of season' in Kalkan...weather etc....5th Nov until 10th Dec...  (Read 45191 times)

Offline onelove

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 108
    • Share Post
  • Owner: Yes
  • Resident: Yes
Re: 'Out of season' in Kalkan...weather etc....5th Nov until 10th Dec...
« Reply #20 on: November 07, 2013, 12:36:16 PM »
14:30. The clouds never went away so No sun today  :'(. Albeit, it is still very mild with, one moment no wind, then out of nowhere it gets Very gusty, not strong enough to cause any damage but quite strong all the same.

We called in to the market and to be honest it was not worth the effort as there was hardly any (decent) stalls and even fewer punters, it just goes to show how much Kalkan and it's people depend on tourism  :o. Had a very tasty chicken kebab from the 'van' for lunch and eat it sat on the plastic seats.....still in my shorts & t-shirt  8)

Night in tonight, lunch with friends @ Fener tomorrow after noon, fingers crossed as the weather is forecast to be 26c with plenty of sunshine  ;)
Latest weather report...... Large outbreaks of Efes followed by intermitent spells of vodka and tonic ;-))
www.kalamardream.com

Offline Blue Lizard

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 185
    • Share Post
I was sat watching the Turkish people in the Kebab caravan opposite the market in june...there were that many rammed into it it reminded me of an episode of Father Ted!! ;D
People Of Britain.. When your missus asks "Does my bum look big in this? Never say "Dunno your blocking the light."... just sayin ????

ta ta for now
Lizard

Offline onelove

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
    • Share Post
« Reply #22 on: November 07, 2013, 02:07:58 PM »
Haha, thinking about it there were 5 working from the van today....more staff than customers  8)

Offline suziq

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 8
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
  • Resident: No
« Reply #23 on: November 07, 2013, 04:40:17 PM »
Loving the updates. Snow on the A9 today heading south to Glasgow from Inverness and now hail battering on the window. How I wish I was still there! Enjoy and keep us updated and jealous.

Offline onelove

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
    • Share Post
« Reply #24 on: November 08, 2013, 05:48:40 AM »
06:25 Friday 8th.

As forecast we have blue skies with lovely sunshine here in Kalamar Bay. Temp is set to get up to 25/26c. Really looking forward to having lunch on the terrace @ Fener....happy days  8)

Now time to sweep the terrace and clean the pool, then breakfast on the bedroom terrace...... where are my sun glasses   ;)  8) ;)

Offline onelove

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
    • Share Post
« Reply #25 on: November 09, 2013, 05:34:29 AM »
Yesterday morning.....on our way into town walking down the Kalamar Rd I said to the wife there seems to be a Lot more estate agents than a few months ago so walking back up the KR I decided to count them....there are 21 of them, really can't see there could poss be enough business for all of them when you think there must be twice that about in town...60ish in total, crazy  :o :o :o. As well as EA's on the KR there are now 19 places where you can eat / drink.....there were only 8 (all hotels) 6 years ago, oh how Kalkan is growing !

Had quick cup of tea when we got back then decided it was time to sort out (weed/ cut back) the planters, thought it would take a couple of hours, well, 3 hours later( and a lot of sweat) I had only finished 25% of it! and not even removed all the debris ( I can see it from where I'm sitting now been blown about in the wind, oh s**t I wished I had moved it yesterday  >:)

Yesterday afternoon.......had a lovely lunch @ Fener, 4 mains, 4 coke's, a large bottle of water, comp bread & dips all for the pricey sum of 94tl/£28.83 or £7.21 each, amazing value. While we were having lunch we had to move into the shade as it was to hot in the direct sun  :o , is it really Nov  8).  Fener was fairly busy, must of been at least 30 people.

So No walking today, instead we are going to finish the gardening, that's a good enough workout trust me  ;)

Today.......another beautiful morning as I write this (07:10) with a cloudless Blue sky and bright sunshine, albeit, it's a tad windy, not that I'm complaining  :angel:

4 of us have arranged to go to one of the Trout farms on Sunday ( late afternoon, early evening ) then after we have eaten we are going to drive up to Islamlar village to take in the stars/night sky, I have been told it's stunning....can't wait  ;)

Onelove.

Offline amber

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 67
    • Share Post
« Reply #26 on: November 09, 2013, 05:49:03 AM »
Its certainly a lovely morning in Kalkan - Happy gardening OneLove

Offline Kalkan Magic

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 22
  • www.kalkanmagic.com
    • Share Post
    • kalkan magic
Sounds wonderful onelove, wouldn't mind the breeze if the sun was shining. Enjoy Islamlar.

Offline Lola1

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 2
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
« Reply #28 on: November 09, 2013, 02:58:46 PM »
Is it usually this good weather wise in November? Seems to be the restaurant/ bar owners may be missing a trick by closing down over Winter...?
Also, I wonder if you would agree with my perception about Kalkan's growth in recent years. There has been a lot of debate about whether or not the town is changing/ losing its charm etc. Some people feel that it is becoming too crowded/ touristy (remember the "Veronica's strip in Tenerife" discussion on TA that got quite heated?) and others say that it hasn't changed much at all...well, I felt that most of the changes and developments had taken place along the Kalkamar Road which, for me, has a completely different feel and atmosphere to the old town which seems pretty much unchanged from one year to the next. Would anyone agree? Just for the record, I'm a devotee of Kalkan's charms and hope to be for a few years yet!

Offline onelove

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
    • Share Post
« Reply #29 on: November 09, 2013, 03:32:41 PM »
I think the weather in Nov can be Very changeable in general, yes, it's been lovely so far but can just as easy be wet and not as hot so very hard for business's to judge.

Yes I agree the old town has not changed that much, as for the Kalamar Rd having more bars/restaurants than a few years ago, I think this is a good thing, more choice is good in mho, and it's hardly like a "strip"  ;)

Offline onelove

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
    • Share Post
« Reply #30 on: November 09, 2013, 03:34:25 PM »
I meant to add that the sunset tonight is Stunning, picture postcard comes to mind  :)

Offline Kalkan regular

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 80
    • Share Post
I think the reason businesses close at the end of October is related to the end of package flights to dalaman and reduction consequently in tourist numbers, rather than the weather.

Offline onelove

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
    • Share Post
« Reply #32 on: November 09, 2013, 06:04:03 PM »
I think your right KR, albeit, good weather, if it was guaranteed, would help.

Offline onelove

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
    • Share Post
« Reply #33 on: November 09, 2013, 06:39:01 PM »
We decided not to do our walk this morning, but instead crack on with the gardening, got started at 8:30 thinking we would get it all finished today, well, no chance, still 50% to do, stopped (knackered) at 1:30, but still had 13 bags of debris to take to the bin, that done we flopped out on sunbeds until 3:45, it was really warm/ hot....lovely  ;)

Now we have decided if the weather is set fine we will walk in the mornings and chill out in the afternoon, if the weather is forecast not so good we will finish the gardening....the next 3 days are forecast to be good so looks like the garden is going to have to wait  ;D ;) ;D

Also Islamlar is going to have to wait until Monday or Tuesday as I forgot that Utd v Arse kicks off @ 18:30 here on Sunday evening so I would of missed the game if we went to Islamlar/Trout farm tomorrow and that is Not an option  >:D......don't know how I ever found time to go to work, it's a tough life  >:D >:D >:D

Offline onelove

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
    • Share Post
« Reply #34 on: November 10, 2013, 07:43:20 AM »
It's another sunny warm beautiful morning here in Kalkan,

Offline MartynE

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 121
  • Living the Kalkan dream? Maybe...
    • Share Post
    • Kalkan Secrets
« Reply #35 on: November 10, 2013, 08:18:49 AM »
This is our first winter here as full-time residents, and so far we have been spoilt with the weather. Apart from a couple of cloudy days we have had wall-to-wall sunshine for weeks! So lucky. The only problem is we will now be disappointed if every November isn't like this! :)

Offline Christina

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 43
    • Share Post
« Reply #36 on: November 10, 2013, 10:14:34 AM »
I think the reason businesses close at the end of October is related to the end of package flights to dalaman and reduction consequently in tourist numbers, rather than the weather.
I agree, and it's such a shame that the flights to Dalaman stop in October, as this can be a glorious time in Kalkan. I've had a couple of enquiries about winter-lets, from repeat guests who are prepared to fly into Antalya, and I wonder if any other owners have experience of out of season rentals? Of course the pool won't be usable, but indoors will be fully equipped with everything required for a cosy stay.

Offline onelove

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
    • Share Post
« Reply #37 on: November 10, 2013, 03:14:22 PM »
The sun set behind the mountain @ 16:35 here in Kalamar Bay after another glorious sunny hot day here in Kalkan.

After our walk this morning we had a shower then had breakfast on the pool terrace. After doing a few jobs we plonked ourselves on a couple of sunbeds where we stayed until 15:50.

Now watching Sunderland v Siddy, looking forward to the Utd v Arse game.

Onelove(united)  >:D >:D  >:D

Offline onelove

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
    • Share Post
« Reply #38 on: November 11, 2013, 07:57:49 AM »
This morning @ 06:45 it looked like it was not going to be that great weather wise today, but hey presto, the sun came out and now (09:45) we have cloudless blue skies with lovely sunshine....looks like we are in for another lovely day  ;)

Instead of walking into town this morning we decided to have a walk around Kalamar, so down & down we went all the way to the Kulube beach/hotel and along the waters edge until we reached Kalamar Beach Club where we watched as one of the locals dived into the sea and off he went for a morning swim. We sat and watched him swim into the distance for a while then started our accent back up to our villa. We zig-zagged our way back up rather than straight up the Very steep hills and was amazed to see how many old run down empty villas/aparts/hotels there are sitting alond side luxury brand new places, very weird  ???

Onelove.

Offline onelove

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
    • Share Post
« Reply #39 on: November 12, 2013, 08:03:54 AM »
Yesterday's lunch.....a quick drive into town and a visit to the greengrocers to buy our lunch, we are having a fruit salad consisting of, Graps, passion fruit, bananan and tangerines.

So, bananas sliced, grapes halfed and pips removed ( childhood thing ! ) passion fruit & tangerines peeled then all put into a bowl with low fat yogurt and covered with lashings of fresh honey given to us from one of our Turkish friends. Lunch was eaten sat on the pool terrace in just shorts watching the sun shimmering of the Med on another beautiful warm/hot sunny day here in Paradise  ;)

Dinner......our Chef & his wife (from tanZore) cooked us a Fantastic BBQ that included, marinated chicken breast & wings, home made ( his own recipe ) minced patties, grilled halloumi cheese, mixed salad, yogurt dip with garlic & cucumber and flat bread....absolutely delish. I can't believe we are still able to have a BBQ in mid Nov  :o

This morning is again lovely and warm with cloudless blue skies., looks like more sunbathing is in order, the rest of the gardening is just going to have to wait for another day   8)

Onelove.

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

xx
Weather - 27th July - 10th August

Started by Leigh on Weather

1 Replies
Last post May 19, 2009, 01:42:24 PM
by Vieux con
xx
Antler's Holiday - Day 10 - Sept 10th

Started by antler on Holiday Reports and Reviews

10 Replies
Last post September 12, 2013, 11:45:03 AM
by Blue Lizard
xx
Looking for Villa in Town 10th-15th Oct

Started by tonybee on Accommodation and Hotels

0 Replies
Last post August 19, 2014, 08:04:43 AM
by tonybee
xx
SHARE A TRANSFER ON MON 10TH JUNE

Started by shasbas on Flights and Travel

0 Replies
Last post June 06, 2013, 08:53:48 AM
by shasbas

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

Hall''o''ween 2008

Views: 3796
By: Chucky
harbour