Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Back again  (Read 2010 times)

Offline lilly

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 7
    • Share Post
  • Owner: Yes
  • Resident: No
Back again
« on: October 05, 2013, 12:54:45 PM »
Arrived yesterday after a 2 hour delay from Belfast. No big deal, still excited to be coming back. Arrived to a windy and quite chilly Dalaman. So far like clockwork, pickup on time. The driver told us of the big storm the day before and how, this was so far, the coldest night of the year! Waved goodbye to transfer at 4am. Great into bed. Only to discover I had forgotten our Villa keys! The wind was howling, temperatures about 9 degrees. Aww sugar!! I thought. We tried to contact our Villa manager, without success. I put on OH coat, after all he had a jumper! Still freezing. We were also so tired but no bed, no cup of tea just duty free, neat vodka, not such a good idea. We knew that we would have a few hours to pass before anyone was about, so, we huddled together on a Sunbed vying for space, warmth comfort etc. we both gave up and lit the BBQ and sat like two homeless, huddled around its flickering but not warm enough flames.
Just when at 8am, I told OH that, seriously, I would catch pneumonia, the cleaner arrived! Smiling, she said very cold, just arrive? Help! we need inside I said.
Today is another day. Warm, still a little windy but I don't think I've got pneumonia. So, as I sit at the Merkez cafe, after a lovely lunch and a glass of wine. Here's to another great holiday in Kalkan. L

Linkback: https://www.enjoykalkan.com/forum/index.php?topic=11650.0

Offline pattaya

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 14
    • Share Post
Re: Back again
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2013, 01:25:09 PM »
Oh know what a start to your hols !  Thank goodness it wasn't the night of the storm !!
 I had some friends arrive at my place in the summer and the key I'd given them didn't work ..  They spent a night on the sunbeds and all morning to me on the phone  .. They don't know how lucky they were at least it was warm .
Hope the weather stays nice for you. :)

Offline Lizilu20

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 307
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2013, 11:54:18 PM »
Oh Lily!!! You poor things   :( I think I'd have had to crack open that neat vodka! Thank goodness you managed to light the BBQ. Hope the rest of your holiday goes smoothly and I'm very much looking forward to the next instalment.  :)

Offline lilly

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 7
    • Share Post
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2013, 02:29:11 PM »
We've been here a few days now and weather is picking up. We've been having a lovely relaxing time. Mostly eating and reading if I'm truthful. I've been flying through some thrillers by Lisa Gardener and have had to remember to breathe sometimes as the story lines are so tense!
All the restuarants we've been to so far have been fabulous. Sofra, Kosk, Mussakka (best steaks) and Gourmet ( nice Asian type food on the menu).
We met some friends at Doy Doy a couple of nights ago and I think I probably was the entertainment for the evening (mortified) I bounced in to see if our friends had arrived, having left OH at the bottom of the steep steps. Had a quick chat with our friends and said I'd go and get OH to come up for a drink. I turned to leave and bounced off the now closed plastic door! It took a few seconds to register why my face and hands were flat against a sheet of plastic and why I wasn't outside the restaurant!! This event was greeted by the entire restuarant erupting in laughter! Including my own! with calls for Taxi Taxi ringing in my ear and my face glowing red I gathered myself and went to get OH. He, by this stage had reached the top of the steep steps and promptly tripped! In through the door! We had honestly only had a couple of glasses of red wine.
Tonight we are going to the Olive Garden. I am hoping to keep my wits about me and my eyes open this time!

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

smiley
Welcome Back

Started by Enjoy Kalkan on General Discussion

6 Replies
Last post January 18, 2021, 04:15:40 PM
by Kevin Norwich
xx
Just got back!

Started by EmKarl on General Discussion

2 Replies
Last post May 05, 2008, 06:24:18 PM
by Chucky
xx
just back

Started by gazman on Holiday Reports and Reviews

5 Replies
Last post September 17, 2010, 02:05:05 PM
by gazman
xx
Just back!!!!!

Started by maryjane on General Discussion

0 Replies
Last post January 15, 2012, 10:27:55 PM
by maryjane

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

Kalkan cat

Views: 2813
By: saskia
Patara beach